Does anyone here drive a classic car...

Does anyone here drive a classic car? I'm interested in buying one but I also just read this news article about an old couple getting pulled over and arrested just because they drove an old 1963 Chevy Impala with old plates. Does this mean classic cars are also cop magnets and will result in being pulled over a lot?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2972240/How-simple-Highway-Patrol-error-classic-car-s-license-plate-ended-sobbing-elderly-driver-stripped-shirt-cuffed-hauled-jail.html

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2972240/How-clickbait-headline-got-OP-make-thread.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its legal to register a car with the original plates in my state. Everything outside of the norm is a cop magnet

you want to be a cop magnet you be black around here.

I DD a 1971 and no cops have given me trouble for it

>Nevada
I expected California deployed the emissions police.

Do Americans seriously take police attention into consideration when buying a car? Jesus what a shithole.

I don't, but I did get pulled over a lot because my old car was loud and sounded fast (it wasn't)

Those cops will definitely get pulled off patrol for a while, there's getting to be more accountability especially when it's white people with lawyers

I hope they win millions in this lawsuit

What do the cops tell you when they stop you? Where I live, cops have computers in their cars and they check your license plate for any violations. If you're "clean", they won't ever stop you. Unless, of course, you're commiting an offense right then.

>cop hears leaky exhaust
>they pull you over
>"hey buddy what's the rush?"
>run tags, license
>find nothing
>"I'm going to leave you off with a warning, slow down kid."
not terrible, but it eats a lot of time

Do American cops get raises if they arrest enough criminals or what? Because honestly I can't understand why it's such a reocurring problem. I myself have only been stopped 2 times in my 2 years of driving. Once at a country border and once during a police "raid" (idk what's the term in English, basically they just stop literally everyone because it's Christmas and many people are driving drunk). Oh and I drive a pretty rusty e39 with no moldings on the bumbers and steelies. A very criminal looking car

anything that isnt a stock american sedan is a cop magnet where i live

>Do American cops get raises if they arrest enough criminals or what?
they often have quotas to "prove effectiveness to politicians" which is read as "local legislation thinks the police department can turn a profit by being assholes". some police departments are forced to do this after having funding cuts when they clearly needed that money.
>"raid"
they call them "checkpoints"

I spoke to some LEOs and there are not any quotas for tickets and shit, but he told me that if a cop isn't pulling in enough revenue (tickets and shit ) they tell him to step it up, or he will get hours cut or moved to another department

i have a hard/expensive to insure classic rhd that i thought would be a cop magnet, but it's not

might even take the insurance off it

>I myself have only been stopped 2 times in my 2 years of driving
>only

Ten years of driving, never pulled over here. Your country sounds pretty shitty.

In my experience cops don't give a fuck about well kept classic cars and you would have to be doing something completely moronic to be pulled over driving one.
>my car had glass packs and was pretty loud
Buy one in nice shape and keep it clean, you should be fine.

> cops don't give a fuck about well kept classic cars

i agree with this 100%, even semi well kept passes where i live

i have 3 classic 6v motorcycles whose lights work about 20% of the time and i've never been pulled over and i know a cop with a cafed bike with no lights on it, he doesn't even pretend

stupid cops, everyone knows you only pull this shit with black people. Now theyre in trouble with people who will actually be heard lol.

I drive a classic and I highly recommend it

>unnecessarily stopped 2 times in a 2 year period

DESU that's pretty bad. I've only been pulled over once for having done nothing in my 13 years of driving.
>cop said a ran a red light.
>told him I'm positive it was yellow when I entered the intersection.
>cop goes to his car
>comes back with a shitty look on his face
>clearly is angry says he is going to let me off with a warning
>smirk "Have a nice day officer"

>sobbing robin

goddamnit

No, we don't. Maybe a streetwise drug dealer or an autist on Veeky Forums does, but americans in general no.

I've had the exact opposite experience with cops around here(middle tennessee). Cops around here don't give a single fuck as long as you don't drive like a drunk or go maybe 20 over the limit. I drove straight piped for a year, They gave no fucks.

Maybe it's because I'm white.

experience I had in the previous post was in NY, I've since moved to NC for fun reasons

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2972240/How-clickbait-headline-got-OP-make-thread.html

It is true that performance cars get pulled over all the time? Like some guy says "I used to DD a Camaro but I was getting stopped every day so I sold it."

I've only been stopped once in my life, and it was while I was driving a 2000 base Camry. I even hoon my Miats like a mad cunt all over town and I've never even had a cop follow me.

I dont think something like that would be a cop magnet because it dosnt look fast.
Its a classic, but obviously not a muscle car or something.

tru

I actually have the same truck, although in far worse condition.
Shits a money pit I tell ya hwhat.

post pics m8.

but actually mine is being kind of a cunt rn. I have developed an oil leak and I don't know how to figure out what it is.

finally re-jetted my carb today and it fixed like 3 different problems.

also my starter fell off and I put it back on today

Mabey once(if) I get it running and drivable.
its in pretty bad shape at the moment.

Nope. Cops around here don't give a shit because all the old cars are owned by boomers who drive 5 under the limit.

I bet you anything this old guy got stopped for going 20 under and impeding traffic. The rest of it is just a massive fuckup on the cops' part.