Why didn't you go cone racing with your squad today Veeky Forums?

Why didn't you go cone racing with your squad today Veeky Forums?

Because I have a job.

I'm a one man wolfsquad.

Who else here, /quickestinsquad/

Driving a Golf r32 is literally cheating at autocross

because im FWD

Because work.

im not gay enough to do autocross

That didn't stop me from under steering into evey cone

Fun/10

This, autocrossers are worse then street racers who think they are some FF Paul Walker tier people

who the fuck conefags on a wednesday

also that course looks tiny as fuck

Beacuse im afraid of looking like a noob and understeering into a bunch of cones at 30mph (if I could get up to 30mph)

It was pretty small
Idk all the public events at Atlanta Motorsports park are generally on the weekdays
Member events get the weekends

The main track is fuckin nice

jesus fuck what happened to the quality of that picture

Go to a real track

get a job in healthcare with weird hours

shit is cash

at least these guys are driving, most of Veeky Forums takes the bus and plays forza

>hurr durr its not REAL racing
whats wrong with having some fun for 20 bucks
and sharing some banter among friends

Because I went to go wasting my time in Racine looking at an oil-starved 9-5.

>studying to become a doctor
>work 18 hours a day
Because I didn't want a social life anyways

"racing"

I'm so slow that I would lose a race against a cone.

timed competition against an opponent, like it or not it's racing. Yeah it isn't w2w.

Track days and autoX are not substitutes.

A good autoX is setup so all you can do is hit cones (nb4 a video of an unsafe unsanctioned course).

At a track day there's a good chance you could total out your shit or die hitting a wall at high speed.

Track days around here are $150-500. AutoX is $35.

My tires and brakes typically last a whole season of 10 autoX events or more. I can cord out a set of tires and ruin pads in just 3 track days or less.

why reply to trolls? lol. lots of autox guys are also track guys, it's only on Veeky Forums where they thumb their nose at autox. ignore em

Because tires are expensive

I just think a lot of people think showing up to a track and running way more than Interstate speeds is the same as running less than Interstate speeds on a closed lot. I never hit the track without going over my car completely and nutting and bolting all major components. Plus if you have a car that can easily do over 100 mph on a big track it's dumb to do it without good safety gear which can cost thousands. I don't like to track without an SFI/5 racing suit, SFI boots and gloves, full face helmet, HANS, a good fixed back set 5-7 point harness, and roll over protection. Ideally, if you're doing much more than 100 mph and certainly over 120 mph you should have at least a basic 6 point roll cage, fire suppression, fuel cell and so on. But that's just me, I like to be safe.

So you agree? FWD is inferior?

Yet the Germans have none of that to drive on the Autobahn.

Jesus fuck it's a track day not a racing series

You're not racing through corners on the autobahn either

I've seen too many people get badly hurt in street cars at track days. I dunno if you've ever been in a car on fire, but a full interior street car with no race suit has got to be scary, because I've been in a track car with a system and a suit and it was bad enough. It's pretty easy for a street car to back into wall and go up in flames in a matter of seconds.

That fact that your not racing door to door doesn't really make it that much safer if you're in a serious street car that can hit high speeds. I've been to tracks where a mostly stock C5 Z06 can do 130-150 mph. If you lose a tire at 150 mph or have an off you're probably not hitting the wall at less than 70-100 mph. Good luck without at least a HANS device.

Stop going to track days with complete retards

Pussies

Accidents can happen regardless of driving skill such as cutting a tire or mechanical failure. Shit I've seen plenty of newer sports cars catch on fire just driving around the track. Honestly, I'd prefer to see the track days where you can just show up with a street car and helmet and run around. It ruins it for us guys who like to have fun in a safe environment with the proper gear. Now when I go to some events we have to have chicanes on the straights because someone didn't have the proper safety gear and got hurt.

Jesus fuck may as well never leave your house

>Honestly, I'd prefer to see the track days where you can just show up with a street car and helmet and run around.

Meant to say I'd like to see these go away.

I always leave my house with a knife and a gun. Proper safety equipment for each situation is key man.

>I always leave my house with a knife and gun
Americans

Autocross is racing
Track days are not racing

Most of the track days I go to can be like time attack. You just rent a transponder and compete for the best lap times. You can also "race" at most track days but typically they just allow passing on the straights with a point by.

"a contest of speed, as in running, riding, driving, or sailing."

Timed competition is racing. What autocross is not, is w2w, which people think is the only form of racing. If autocross isn't racing, than neither is competitive swimming or running. get off.

>slower than a dc2 integra-r

Not really.

next weekend is my 2nd autox. new location from the last time too so that will be fun

RS on the left near from of line?
I wonder if i'll see one at the next event

Because FWD and no good tracks around me, just drag strips

I'd rather die than be one of those guys that has to insure a truck in addition to their DD just to tow their track car

>tfw white and still too poor for the whitest sport on earth

I don't know how to go fast, and I like the idea of not being dead or fucked up because I don't know how to handle my shitbox at speeds faster than the highway

>I'd like to see affordable fun go away
>Where's your 6k in safety gear? Nobody should ever die! Fucking suicidal weebs in your hondas!

maybe i want to ascend to gensokyo ever think of that fucker

I still drive to the track. Right now I just have a simple roll bar hoop with down bars in the back. Not really any chance to hit your head in it while street driving without a helmet. I usually just run extreme summers at the track so I can drive there on them. If I had to I could probably fit all 4 wheels and tires inside to swap out for r compounds.

Where at?

you can get an instructor or more seasoned driver to ride along with you. I did a few ride alongs with people who had 10 yr+ experience and learned a lot. then i got one of them to coach me on my first try

some normal cars with non experienced drivers drove at the event too. to name a few: hyundai sonata, chevy sonic, mini cooper, and golf

There were 2 incidents at my local track where 1 guy in a street car was killed and another badly hurt because it was a show up with a helmet (open face okay) and long pants and self tech your car. Now you have to have an FIA racecar and gear or similar certification just to get on track.

>maybe i want to ascend to gensokyo ever think of that fucker

i'll leave some cash in the boot to makeup for the cleanup and barrier repairs

Not going to get into a FWD vs rwd argument here
It has its drawbacks but in the end I had just as much fun out there as everyone else

>He goes to an open track day in F1 racing kit

L M A O
M
A
O

don't have a squad
don't know anyone who likes cars

That's very sad user

I was supposed to go Sunday, but I forgot to take off work. Otherwise I would be.

Why are so many people afraid to go fast in a fwd? People do this all the time. Especially in the case of autocross where there's nothing to hit. I like seeing weird cars show up. There was a mostly stock diesel Jetta the last time I did it that ended up being one of the fasted cars out there. Saw another bring a Crown Vic out once.

Yup. It ran the autocross as well and I was able to beat one of its drivers times :^)

Autox doesn't get very fast. Its usually more skill than power

AWD is better :

Because our land is too valuable to pave it over with square miles of empty asphalt lots. Any large parking lot around here actually gets used all the time.