So if I bought a clean Fox body as a daily driver, what's the worst that could happen?

So if I bought a clean Fox body as a daily driver, what's the worst that could happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JCUwhUSgv5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You'd try to turn L-OH-EL

Capris are so much better looking than the Mustang.

Four-eye ones look alright.

>worst that could happen
You crash and die. That'd be pretty bad.

You'll be a pussy magnet and end up impregnating some woman and have to pay alimony

Are fox body's known for something particularly bad?

>No handling
>No crash protection
>Weak engine without mods
>Terminal rust in the front suspension

That one has capri fenders

looks like a capri with a mustang nose

Quarter panels are Mustang but it looks like it might have a bubble hatch probably Mexican

derp

Are you ever going to turn it into a street demon if you get a second car or something?
youtube.com/watch?v=JCUwhUSgv5M

For a guy who's never driven a RWD V8, is it just a meme or do you always risk sliding off the road into a telephone pole if you give it too much gas leaving the mall parking lot?

Mustangs have a lot of torque, it's easy to spin the tires in a stock 5.0, and the live rear axle is pretty unforgiving. Those two together coupled with often inexperienced drivers means that Mustangs are known for snap-oversteering off the road once you break traction. Happened to me when I used to have a stock Foxbody, was going around a gradual corner in 2nd gear and accelerated to pass someone, all the sudden I was sideways.

Transmissions tend to go out depending on how they were driven there's a bad rattle leading into third gear (Manual). Will definitely need a rebuild eventually or just be replaced.

Recently had to replace the head gaskets on my dad's 85 fox due to a water leak. Headers are a bitch to get on and off. Granted the guy that had the car before us fucked with way more than he should have so who know's what else may go wrong namely electrical due to relocating a lot of the wiring into the drivers side fender (put into a bag) to "clean up the look".

not with that grill

Have an '84. Interior is stripped and missing quite a bit. How bad of an idea would it be to cover the plastic with leather? Just a stupid idea I had when I noticed the center console has fake stitching molded in.

That looks way too '80s

you could come up next to a chevy and get embarrassed.

clutch cable

You come to crappy tire to get your summer tires put on but you have a massively small penis so you bought big ass tires that don't fit. Then you yell at the service advisor to flip the rear quad shock to fit the tires cause "it's just 2 fucking bolts". The advisor then tells you we can't do it because our mechanics won't modify OEM designs. You bitch at the manager who tells you we still can't do it.

>I then pray to the devil nightly that you floor it and cause the rear axle to hop and lock up your U joints

The pony on the grill is not original.

thats why you LS swap them

I posted this in the last thread but I'm actually gonna look at it the next few days. Any tips? I've read the guides on inspecting foxes.

-repainted
-1986 taillights
-5-speed
-bone stock
-nice interior
-supposedly no zero rust or body/collision damage

Wassit worth? I'd be DDing this and fixing it up as I go.

see

stock? a new miata will leave it for dead
terrible car. what the fuck makes you want a stock one, slow and shitty.

I posted this in the last thread but I'm actually gonna look at it the next few days. Any tips? I've read the guides on inspecting foxes.

-repainted
-1986 taillights
-5-speed
-bone stock
-nice interior
-supposedly no zero rust or body/collision damage
-new clutch
-new tires

Wassit worth? I'd be DDing this and fixing it up as I go.

>what the fuck makes you want a stock one, slow and shitty.

'cause I can mod it on my own terms. Modded Foxbodies are either hillbilly shitboxes or $10K pro shop jobs.

I DD a Miata right now and I'm thinking of trying out the sloppy 'murrican V8 thing for a while. Plus I like the idea of having back seat.

i posted above yours. no it sucks because its stock. pretty miserable to drive.

you like the back seat of them? horrible.
find a well modded one with at least the 5 lug swap, imo most important because you can actually have brakes

I've also been looking at SN95s, New Edges, and 4th gen F-bodies. Something about the rawness and simplicity of the Fox appeals to me.

>slow
>endorses miatas

wow all terrible.
why not a c4?

C4 is easily my favorite as a car by itself, but this is gonna be a DD. Inside C4s are like Miatas with higher door sills. Low to the ground, expensive tires, funky electronics, etc.

I'm still considering them though.

If it has never been in a wreck then why is the bumper body molding all red? They should have a stripe, not the entire thing painted. Also, the door, the entire door, is lower than the rest of the car.

If you are serious about buying, I have just scraped the top. Definitely haggle that sumbitch.

>c4
>better than 4th gen fbody

ls1 trans am here. you're an idiot

its the fastest and most reliable (and best looking and handling) car that he mentioned

The guy doesn't communicate too well, that's why I'm going to look at it. I don't trust him or the ad. Not sure how serious I am about actually buying it but if you have any tips I'd appreciate it.

-The side molding is outright missing and the strip has been painted red.
-Taillights are wrong year
-Doors don't look right
-I don't think that logo on the dash is original