I'm 19, I make minimum wage in CA (~$17k), and live with my parents...

I'm 19, I make minimum wage in CA (~$17k), and live with my parents. Convince me not to lease a 370z or pic related to make my life more exciting than it really is.

if you're actually interested in making your life more exciting, here's a short guide:

1. move out of your parents' house

2. start a non-minimum wage career path - go to community college, trade school, apprenticeship, etc

3. instead of leasing a car like a dumbass, buy an old, simple, reliable car and learn how to work on it. drive it for a while and learn what you like and dislike about it, so that one day when you are in a better financial position you can upgrade.

You won't be able to afford the insurance on either of those.

get a yugo and start robbing banks for excitement

otherwise, just get a used civic or corolla

What's so bad about leasing

DESU with the way housing is going in the Bay Area I'll be living with my parents for years even though I'll be making six figures straight out of undergrad.

You don't own the car and never will. You pay and get nothing, basically a rental.

Who gives a shit, I own it in five years or whenever it ends anyway

No, you're think of financing, you dip.

A lease is essentially a long term rental agreement.

If you don't understand what a lease is you're too immature to own a car, regardless move out first you degenerate

what this guys said... ins will be 400+ a month with full coverage my 35 yo cousin just inherited one and shit himself when he found out

we live in orange ca

its cuz of the no back seat

Leasing means you have to give it back when it ends

You clearly don't know what a lease is. YOU DO NOT OWN IT

And?
>19yo

Get a quote and see for yourself. You will have to pay out the ass.

19? Your 6 is upside down OP.

>19
>10 bucks an hour.
>zero credit (assumed)
>wants to lease a car

your entire paycheck will go to pay for the car, insurance, gas, and maintenance. You need to make sure your mom is cool with you dumming around for at least 3 years until the lease is up. Depending on your lease agreement, after the lease you either forfeit the car or pay off the remaining balance.

With current mitsu lease offerings, you'll either have to pay 20k at the end of the lease or say bye bye.
>329 a month for 36 months = 11,844
>4078 due at signing ====== 15,922
>at the lease end you have paid 15,922 towards a 37,305 principle.
>pay 21,383 to keep the car
>you have 0 munny going into savings since whole paycheck was consumed pay car payments and insurance.
>you don't have a car
>dealer gets to sell car again.

Assuming you're going to make it through your current job which is less likey

>19
>lease
>sports car

You are retarded on ever conceivable level.

I think leasing a car on min wage is a great fucking idea. Not like you need an emergency fund or being able to afford food or any of that shit. Which may be true depending on how spoilt you are.

>17k
>Minimum wage

don't deduct the tax, cunt

I think the real question is are you paying for insurance or are mommy and daddy? If its in their name insurance wont cost anything, yours and it may be more than the car payment

Im fairly certain me mummy would be willing to put it in her name

grats on the full house btw

Do it OP!!! Don't listen to them. Follow your dreams

Used car salesman detected

Fucking dumbass

>being this much of a retard
It's no wonder you make minimum wage

If your ok with having no spending money I would go for it. Having a nice car at that age is great. A $7000 350z would do the same thing though and you could learn about working on your own shit with that.

that's the alternative I am thinking of rn

>If its in their name insurance wont cost anything

But his name would still have to be on the policy if he's the one driving it, which would definetly impact the premium.

You're also assuming his parents have spotless driving records.

At least you have that option. I moved to the Bay Area for work, and even though it pays very well, the rent is still ridiculous.

My car is under my daddys name for title and insurance. Ive gotten rear ended in it and no issues on the claim. Cost is 1/3 of what I would pay.

I was in your boat. I'm 19 and bought a 2013 Mustang GT 2 years ago. Basically right when the new ones came out, I bought this thing brand with the premium trim, recaros and performance package for $26k. It was a steal and I took it. It was one of the very few s197 5.0s left on the lot as the dealer wanted to clear it for the new s550.

You know how I paid it off? I paid 18k from a job I worked since I was 15. My parents covered the rest. You know what the best part is? My car is worth more than how much I bought it new because everyone wants the live rear axle late model 5ohs. Especially with the recaros and brembos.

It's worth every penny. Nothing feels better than having a nice car young. I take care of it, I do all of my own maintenance that isn't covered by warranty and I do my own mods ( not much because I don't want to neg my warranty though ).

>Ive gotten rear ended in it and no issues on the claim

No shit. It was a rear end collission, the other driver was automatically at fault.

Ah I think we have some miscommunication here.

I'm listed as a driver on the policy, just having my dad be the main policy holder saves a buttload of money versus holding the policy myself. I dont know the exact cost difference with the addition of my name to his policy but it wasnt much.

Just some advice for OP, as he probably couldnt sign for a lease himself anyway.

It's easier to shit rainbows than it is to get a job in the nicer part of socal I live in without being brown. I'm lucky to have gotten this job when I did like six months ago.

Without a degree that is

You'll be cop bait and kill yourself.

Coming from another 19 year old, I don't trust any of my friends or myself with high-performance shitboxes.

Get something simple, like I did. A nice Honda. Older Si's have excellent aftermarket, and in general are fairly nice to drive. Great mileage too. (Of course, this was all before Takata decided to fuck everything up.)

Also, on insurance. Everything is going to be expensive. He's 19, probably white, and heterosexual male in an upper end area.

In-n-out isnt hiring? They need cute whities to man the registers.

Nigga you have any clue how hard it is to get a job at in-n-out now a days? If you don't flash your tits at the manager or have 20 years burger flipping experience they throw your app out the window, there was a line around the block when they were hiring 15 people for a new one a few towns over.

Ah I guess the in and outs in norcal have lower standards. Always hiring signs up. Not so many messicans taking our jerbs up here too

Shut the fuck up. I started on a 410rwhp LS1 camaro at 16 and I didn't die. You fucking faggots who have never driven anything faster than a 14 second car spew bullshit left and right. As long as you control yourself you'll do good.

Oh, and the car insurance was only 140/month

I live in a 90% Caucasian neighborhood and our In-N-Out is 90% minorities because Cali is so liberal and people are afraid of looking racist by hiring white people.

for every dickhead like you who drives a fast car at a young age a bunch die.

Gotta go to the minority neighborhoods so you can be the minority, But then some nig is probably gonna steal your nice new car so might not be a good idea.

Lmfao people actually use this logic to make major decisions

DO NOT LEASE.

All I'm saying is that at this point I'm not sure OP has the mental capacity to handle an Evo or a 370Z, considering he doesn't even know the difference between a lease and financing.

whachu rec I do senpai this is why I come here

this might be a stupid question, but is there a way to get insurance quotes from a third-party source instead of through an actual insurance company so I can avoid them sending me all sorts of bullshit trying to switch?

presuming you don't already own a car, save your pennies and buy yourself a decent used car
one that doesn't cost your entire paycheck

bump for interest

Seeing as I am roughly the same age and income as op I can say that you are looking at six hundred a month minimum asuming you could even qualify for a loan (which you cannot without a cosigner) including insurance (keep in mind these figures are based on where I live and are low estimates)
save your money, build your credit, and start with a car you like, but wouldn't mind selling in the near future.
Come the day you see a car you love so much you don't need to ask Veeky Forums for approval you will be able to sell your car and either make a down payment, or buy that puppy outright.
Trust me life is more enjoyable this way.

Don't tell me it's a 4cyl user

They didn't make sn197s with 4cyl. Most likely a v6

He said it was a GT 5.0

I'm not so sure on his my car is worth more now than when I bought it claim

>I own
No, you aren't.

This. Listen to this man.

The insurance will eat you alive. Unless you're daddy's money the system is set up to make it really painful to drive a car like that if you're under 25. I bet your monthly insurance payment will be almost as much as the lease payment. Even over 25, the insurance will be no joke, but at least they'll use lube when they're fucking you in the ass. The insurance for a car like that doesn't really become reasonable until you're in your 40s. Almost like they set it up that way to keep youngsters away from cars like that. You can fight the system if you choose, but it will cost you and the system is bigger than you.

Look, don't try to rise beyond your station in life. Get a used Corolla for $2000, pay cash for it and work on it yourself. Everything will be affordable for it, insurance, fuel, maintenance. If you need thrills, that's what video games are for.

In this permanently fucked economy, set your expectations LOW and CHEAP.

There's a reason insurance companies charge so much for teenagers.

>Look, don't try to rise beyond your station in life.
holy shit pleb detected

the best thing you can do for yourself is to save as much money as you can while you're still living with your parents. having some cash saved up will help immensely when moving out on your own and will also help with tuition payments when you go to college or trade school. the stupidest thing you can do is throw all your money away on an expensive car you won't even own. seriously, leasing? don't ever lmao. buy a used econobox that'll last you a while. that will be an actual investment enabling you to be independent and it'll be yours as long as the car still works. leasing an expensive car is just throwing your money away

You should buy a 90's JDM import. How the fuck are you going to afford a 370 or Evo X on minimum wage? You can get a good STi, Evo V, or FD for well under 10k. Those will be plenty exciting and way more affordable, as long as you aren't planning on dailying them.

>implying race and sexual orientation factor into insurance premiums

No one cares about mustangs dude, its obviously not worth more. Putting all your money into a depreciable asset is fucking stupid.

Stay with your parents because your are an idiot.

You couldn't afford the insurance on either.

I have a 2012 EVO MR and I'm 29 and full coverage is 430 dollars with 2 tickets when i was 20 and 22

Good luck dumbass. The bank will have that back faster then your dad can pull out his belt

Ive heard a lot about eve insurance being a lot but idk why

is it just a sports car thing? You think it would be the same on a mustang? $430 a month seems outrageous

>eve
evo*

It's full coverage and being under 35. It's WAY higher when your a 19yo kid like op

Not really sure if they consider which model it is or even if an EVO MR would be considered one

get a car with an NA 4 cylinder engine in a muted color and 4 doors. you should be able to have some fun while not getting killed on insurance.

>His parents didnt pay for the whole car
18k can be used for much better things .You have shitty parents.

This, and if you learn to spin wrenches along the way it's easy to have more vehicles than you can use.

Leasing is as retarded as renting furniture or a television. Want a comfy life? Learn to get the most for your money AND how to make more money.

BTW cars LOOK pretty, but a modern sportbike will crush them in the real world and be far more rush for the dollar. Buy a reliable boring car and a fun motorcycle, save mad cash early and keep saving it for when you move on to your career.

The sooner you think in CAREER terms the closer you get to RETIRING EARLY and having time to enjoy your toy collection.

was the lambo too expensive for daddy? gtfo, I've seen this thread at least twice today

>good fd
>under 10k
where in the fuck? I haven't seen a good one under 15k

What's your problem with Mustangs? They're cheap and parts are everywhere and they seem to make allot of power.

>LOW and CHEAP

yeah right i bet youre the same nigga that shitposts about ff sports cars

>Legoland
>Sea World
>literally any fast food place
>most mall shops
You sure aren't trying very hard

Seeing as gayboi OP is so retarded he doesn't even know the difference between leasing and financing he'd probably balls it up by getting something that doesn't meet the 25 year old import law bullshit and it'd go straight to the grinder.

Just walked into this thread and OP is the typical teenager with no brain and is insulting people of this board like he owns us. He doesn't respect our constructive criticism with legible sources. Therefore, I say we let this thread die and hope mods will start banning shitposts.