/acg/ - Firewalled Mainframe General

FreQuency is doing a tour edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>whenever

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>usually habbening around 20:00 EST

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Verdict Day has become more of a "whenever a few of us are online during the week" thing. Contact Ahab to join team.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdG6bzX2y54
youtube.com/watch?v=qG_qydFdB2w
youtube.com/watch?v=xwdJDdCMFG0
youtube.com/watch?v=CaRwxM_OiG8
youtube.com/watch?v=e_gQ0ikOXkY
youtube.com/watch?v=wWSgze_kQuU&list=PL658EAB4C3CC7173A&index=18
youtube.com/watch?v=BqZlztj3dHk
youtube.com/watch?v=38t3d2xPN9g
youtube.com/watch?v=aVEeGtO0Px4
youtube.com/watch?v=goOwfFC2iCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FreQuency is going to have another live event? what about a new album? please tell me they are going to release a new album.

Uh... Actually I just got bored in University today and made a fake concert thingy. I thought that was obvious since it's not in moon and all, lel

Well I have seen some nip only announcements in english only for a reason sometimes.

The only frequency i know is that ps2 music game that came with the network adapter.

bump.

vump

Didnt Joshua cooperate with desert wolf?

I really wish i picked up the red and black version of that were they were plentiful back in the day.

So gorgeous.

Joshua's Blade is orange reeeeeeeee

Why is the Aaliyah so ugly?

Interesting video talking mainly about Armored Core:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdG6bzX2y54

this is bait

I remember it, the last part always hit me hard.

Eh, I don't know. The deaign might have a certain charm, but it's also incredibly cheesy. They tried so hard to make the edgiest mech in the series, out-edged only by Black Glint.

Canada is shit at design.
On hard. Normal he helps you.
SHIIEEET

Cool vlog where the guy talks about the Armored Core series, how he got into it, how he tried to recommend to others, a bit of the story of the games, and his experience with the 4 series. I found it interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=qG_qydFdB2w

>On hard. Normal he helps you.

IIRC, he doesnt even show ups on normal, you even have some seconds to hit desert wolf for free since you "ambush" him.

>the poster
>cyberpunk
>robots
>robots
>robots
>it wasn't designed to be used with a regular controller
My interest fades with each passing minute.

Yeah, he does get quite a few things wrong, but I found it interesting still.

UP

bump

>completely and totally wrong about what was going on in Last Raven
Nope, that's it. I'm out.

Ahabu what happened
I wanna einl. you zu a Fr. Gef. senpai

bump

that shit was the bomb nigga holy shit. totally got me into making electronic music.
the new amplitude's soundtrack is fucking awful jesus christ
i should draw again one of these days
it's so time consuming though
not to mention you click on his channel and it's 100% legitimate autism
jesus christ and they have millions of views
i can talk about video games for hours and most of my opinions aren't even that wrong, i could do this fucking garbage. never knew how to begin though.

Just get a camera and a mic?

Livestream drawing and talking about Armored Core

It was meant evoke the idea "maybe players want to pilot special ACs, like Nineball or Vixen"

I really like the head piece and shoulders the best, The core could have been C02 Uranus esque and it still would have worked, or stubbier like Seraph's.

I look at the stabby knees, and it is over-designed I guess, it was meant to also show that NEXTs weren't for part mixing too maybe

IDKI like it because it's out of norm of mecha design, it doesn't resemble any human form in the slightest like AC1 or even 80's transformers did.

Watched the whole thing, I kept getting triggered when he said cyberpunk and the camo thing doesn't make any sense but the rest of the video was enjoyable. Also, am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with the controls in any of the games?

Also, the general for Spiral Knights failed which I was responsible for making.

Bump.

So, I jailbroke my PSP today after ten years of deciding whether I should or not. Think it's worth it to emulate the original AC games, or should I just stick to PS3-Ps1 emulation?

Started Silent Line. Saw the AI AC thing in the garage. Seems very interesting... Wonder if I can make an AI AC with OP-Intensify... That would be very interesting indeed.

Lol there's a pilot in the arena that uses the same pilot name that I use. The destined duel is coming.

Interesting. Keep us posted..

I remember playing spiral knights, but the part of having to pay money for energy to keep playing really put me off.

vump

vump

Bump

Howdy, Ravens.

Your ACV OST mega link is dead

It's mostly-free! You can haul ass through the clockworks as much as you want!

Still gotta grind like hell if you want to craft 4*+ gear without paying for stuff

But you can grind as much as you want now!

Yeah it's not perfect but I too like it.

how is the energy stuff right now? do you still have to wait a lot to recharge?

They mostly took it out, you can activate the end-of-level elevators for free (the elevators to skip to deeper strata still cost 400 gold crowns or whatever)

So haul ass all day long

Would be nice to get an AC announcement at TGS. Or maybe next year.

Hey /acg/ post your most underrated OST from a game, movie, etc.

Here's mine. youtube.com/watch?v=xwdJDdCMFG0

Also, i'm over my Bleach depression now.

Ok, you convice me, I will check it this weekend.

What is your new mango to obsess over then?

Tokyo Ghoul.

youtube.com/watch?v=CaRwxM_OiG8

That is hype.

I had no idea at the time, but I just realized that I predicted the Sawa meta for VD.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_gQ0ikOXkY

DON'T YOU SEE!? THEY WERE OP THEN AND THEY ARE OP NOW!!! Are you proud of /acg/, Ahab?

thinly veiled bump, enjoy it faggots

last vump (or first) of the day.

>red butterfly intensifies.

The whole Megaman X Corrupted OST is boss. NeuroHack Mosquito in particular is one of my favs.

youtube.com/watch?v=wWSgze_kQuU&list=PL658EAB4C3CC7173A&index=18

>this game will never come out

UP

I SAID UP

Bump

Fockin 'ell m8

bump

Wrong thread user, but thanks for the bump.

Oops, sorry lads. Two different /acg/'s confused me.

>What are you doin here fuckboy

bump

How do you get em confused?

What is your favorite AC game everyone?

vump.

secret of evermore. beautifully minimalist. also a pioneer of that whole atmospheric sound design stuff as far as games go.
youtube.com/watch?v=BqZlztj3dHk
not even a song it's just the market soundscape but i love it. the first time you visit the market, after 15 minutes it closes and everyone leaves and all you hear is the wind and birds chirping in the distance, it's fucking incredible for a SNES game.
ace combat 04 is also top tier as far as music/sound design goes, but that's not exactly underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=38t3d2xPN9g
best briefing music ever, probably.
tenchu: wrath of heaven had an excellent soundtrack but nobody really talks about that series anymore so i can't say as to whether it's underrated or not.
youtube.com/watch?v=aVEeGtO0Px4
just watch the entire intro, it's fucking awesome. nice mix of traditional japanese folk and electronics.
sawas are for gays
like you
for answer is probably the most polished in my opinion, shame it's not very challenging.
it's hard to pick an absolute favourite, they all have their strengths.

Verdict Day, even if For Answer is objectively the best. I'm just really fond of the fat boxes design and the boost drive mechanic.

Old people and making a lot of calculations and numbers. It's pretty spot-on.
Watching a friend's face while you build an AC is hilarious, can't even imagine if you were to make a UNAC.

>From Software finally made a popular King's Field game in the form of the Souls games
>now that they're putting Souls out to stud the next series they're dusting off will be Tenchu

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Bump

Wrong franchise

Nice sounds.

If having a new game in development is wrong then I don't want to be right

updates when? oh wait wrong board.

FUCK DUDE WHAT PLANE DO I WANT FUCKING DECISIONS

youtube.com/watch?v=goOwfFC2iCg
Nice enough little loop but around 2:08 it really won me over

Considering it's the bgm for the first dungeon of the game, it's way more chill and upbeat than I'd expect for murdering goblins in their fort.

>murdering goblins

when do we talk about armored core

Never

bump.

Last Raven. Followed closely by Silent Line.