Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dI56qqBd590
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alright, should I keep upgrading the seregios Matraca Hammer line or shift to Seditious line?

>ebin jhojho memes
Remove this and make a good OP

Reminder to watch the 3DS Nintendo direct in 30 minutes that will probably give us an announcement for MH Stories in the West

link?

This

Considering going ranged. LBG, HBG, or Bow? I've only ever used a bow a few times in 4U, felt way, way weaker than my GS of the same level, but maybe I was playing it wrong. What's the general consensus for ranged weapons as far as what's good?

Hows this for an adept DB set?
Give me suggestions if this set is shit

Razors sharp
CE+2
Crit boost
WE

I'm gonna use it with hellblade DB

Is Daimyo ride-able? Is Daimyo even in the game?

>DB 3rd most used weapon
GUESS I'M PICKING SOMETHING ELSE TO MAIN ALONG HH THEN

>Tech
>Ecchi
>Torrents
>Outdoors
I don't get it

Why isn't mhgen as hard as mh4u?

>tfw i just realise there exists a board for torrents
why are you posting shitty bait?

I mean, I don't even care for Jojo. It still provided me a cheap laugh, so I used it.

The letters at the end of each word spells out 'hiss'.

Because styles and arts are new and still unbalanced.

But it's true, I just got to HR7 and no cart yet. I expected moar considering I had tons of fun with the lvl 140 quests back then

>MUDA
>not ORA
not even the good memes.

Is it possible to get a functioning double Dalamadur quest? The most I've tried is Dala in Sanctuary which kind-of works

Bow is considered an easier entry point for Blademasters but remember that you need to stay in critical distance to do shit.

Bowguns aren't over complicated at all and do share mechanics between each other, but they're an entirely different beast.

>apex double dala
this worked?

Maybe you're just that good. Believe in yourself!

See that is caring about Jojo much more than I do.

>Hunt Ace Cadet
what do you think

The Master of Style just gave me something I can craft at the Smithy but I was clicking through his dialogue so I didn't see. What was it?

a mold of his penis

I expected this exact answer. 0 creativity.

No you didn't expect the word "mold"

Fair enough

8 MINUTES
REV UP YOUR LIVESTREAMERS OR TWITCH OR YOUTUBE OR W/E

You have a tail
You use it to hit things
Then fucking why do you always keep fucking turning your ugly face to me

That's textbook blademaster/silver sol and it's fine.

That's the standard set that everyone uses, if you get a god charm you can bump it up to CE3.

Any tips for someone looking to get into HBG who hasn't touched a ranged weapon outside of hurr-durring with the Kelbi bow for a hunt or two?

>the MV for mega boomerang

did they test this?
did they think anyone would use it when it does almost literally nothing?

Like most weapons, Bows are gear dependent, so if it felt weak in 4U it's either lack of a perfect set or lack of experience.

Bows are fantastic in Gen and I'd highly recommend learning them. I used to swap to Bow for certain fights in 4U due to the fun of rolling comfortably and shooting faces, and Gen makes that possible in every fight thanks to Adept.

Who cares, cats are shit

Why is shelling still in the game as well then?

With the heat mechanic you wonder that Capcom could afford to risk shelling being accidentally overpowered

Learn where your critical distance is, that's most important. I would recommend trying to learn how to accurately shoot before you go for super fast kills. Will you be using pierce or normal shots? You will want to primarily use one so that you can get the most out of normal up or pierce up.

Why would you expect the early-game and mid-game of Generations to be as difficult as the beyond-endgame-but-some-people-are-stupid-enough-to-be-entertained-as-long-as-we-keep-letting-the-numbers-go-up very last bits of 4U?

>buff lance charge
>it's now OP
>this is fine
>shelling and pokes on GL are weak
>now they are even worse
>this is also fine
they just don't care

Then what is this "beyond-endgame-but-some-people-are-stupid-enough-to-be-entertained-as-long-as-we-keep-letting-the-numbers-go-up" point in mhgen?

>deviant capture quests, on-site items only
>be bow
>play a ton, grind a ton, always brings cap guru
>make a few deviant sets for other weapons I never use
>always leave coatings because on-site only
>accidentally override set and bring coatings
>WAIT I CAN FUCKING BRING MY COATINGS???
>this whole time, I could've been putting monsters to sleep, placing the trap at its resting body, and lobbing tranq bombs peacefully
>not to mention the dps boost from power coatings

This fucking game god fucking damn it.

Thankfully it's a better game and they had the good sense to let it end at the point where Monster Hunter is still a half-decent game.

Cringe

AKA the game is getting moar casual?

dumb cringeposter

>Cringe

Cringe

How does it feel to have played only one monster hunter game?

oh great /v/ again

It's been casual since it moved to the PSP and turned into a social game based around short sessions of ad-hoc multiplayer. If that's not what you want you've had nine years to vacate.

I've played every mainline entry except the PS2/Wii versions of MHG and vanilla MH4. The ones that know when to quit are universally better than the ones that uselessly pad things out by putting more carrots on sticks.

Does anyone know which quest is the Fire Emblem/Lodestar one among the JDLCs?

Welp, guess we're not getting Stories.

>MH stories not coming to the west

kill me

>cats are shit

i'm very sorry that prowlers are doing twice the damage you are, user, but there's no need to be in denial about it

Good riddance, it's as useless as that cat game was

Well, at least we'll get yokai watch2.

I hope a glavenus penetrates your anus with his tail

Stay mad, you're the one killing the series wanting garbage like stories to become big

>mfw

jrpgs are shit

I was gonna go with:

Weapon - La Foi
Hayabusa Feather
Silver Sol everything else
+5 Normal Up OOO

And get CE +2, Normal/Rapid Up, WE, and CB

I will literally end your lives

1 on 1 me. I bring the longsword.

>there are fuckers who actually believe they will announce MH5 in the stupid kiddie nintendrone direct

LMFAO

That's a great set.

For Normal 2, stand approximately 2 to 3 rolls away from the monster. For Normal 3, 2 to 4 rolls.

Point and shoot. It's always better to be shooting at what you can hit than swinging and missing what you can't. For whatever reason, bowgun shots in MHGen come out slightly below the centre of your targeting reticle. Always aim just a *teensy* bit above your target.

do it faglord

>slut
>weak to water pierce
seems right

>slut
There's literally nothing slutty about what she's doing.
>water pierce kills the lavasioth
REMOVE LAVASIOTH

If I'm reading this right, La Foi can't fire Lv. 3 Normal in siege mode, only Lv. 2. Should I essentially be "hip firing" until I'm out of Lv 3, or is the whole point to engage crouch firing as often as I can for the increased magazine size?

No, I play every weapon and you're not doubling my dps. I don't give two shits about a "perfect Palico" with an unreleased learned skill, because they're straight up boring to play regardless. And everyone who uses palicos are shit with them.

Source: every fucking cat that isn't some nip run on YouTube. You're not them and you should be happy about that.

Why doesn't the 3DS keyboard character limit match the in-game chat character limit?
This bugs me more than it should.

Presumably it all has to do with fonts?

>implying you can even suck at cats

If you keep up your two buffs and throw boomerangs 24/7 you're already doing all that is possible

>I don't know what MH stories even is
>Look up some gameplay
>The fuck is this

Normal 3 and Normal 2 function differently. You don't necessarily use your Normal 3's before your Normal 2's, sometimes you exclusively use Normal 2.

Crouching fire isn't about the increased clip size, but rather the increased rate of fire. You shoot 30% faster in crouching fire. Use crouching fire whenever you have a large enough opening, but don't try to force it.

Going into crouching fire and then only firing 3 shots isn't worth it.

Rock paper scissors with a fancy, if repetitive, theme.

no wonder gaijinhunter says it's his main weapon

>hurr the fuck is this wtf is an RPG I don't know how this works wtf man

you also need to evade (and cat evade is absolute fucking garbage) and know where to throw boomerangs

>And everyone who uses palicos are shit with them.
nice projection

Yes, but what does Icemannoob have to say about them?

I've played my fair share of turn-based rpgs but this doesn't look very good.

Anyone?
The pastebin's imgur doesn't specify.

Whic is super boring and not engaging at all. Cats promote spamming which is not what MH is about.

Shitty toys merchandise jewing they're trying to push

So, is Teostra bow better than bowguns?

What's the most worthwhile thing I can setup hunters for hire to pickup for me? Pale extracts?

youtube.com/watch?v=dI56qqBd590
All anyone could want to hear from the one and only iCEMANnoob!

Almost every weapon class is about spamming one optimal combo.

Cats are fun, they have a nice moveset. The problem is that A,A is the most effective one.

But that goes for many weapons.

Switchaxe has a bunch of fun moves. But why use any other than A,A?

Of couse it doesn't, the fuck were you expecting

dash extracts too

But discharge canceling is higher dps

that's wrong

spamming boomerangs is not the optimal way to play the weapon, you need to also boomerang spin and thrust occasionally

>48 minutes
fuck that

LS Style: Striker or Adept?