Which industries are growing?

Which industries are growing?

Marijuana, virtual reality, cloud computing, self driving technology, deep learning computers, cryptocurrency trading, and E commerce

Pharmaceuticals
Chemical

What country do you live in? Look for trends like ageing populations, a push for industry, free trade agreements, etc. and pick based on that.

It's almost like you've never read "Marketing Myopia"

fashionable new brands, tech, biotech and emerging markets

What the hell is this game?
Is this Capitalism 2?

That is correct.

Monopoly tycoon was much better

I just bought it.
Hope it's good.

>Marijuana
It'll crash once it's federally legalized and demand drops because it isn't cool anymore

>virtual reality
It's the new 3D printing meme. Don't invest.

>cloud computing
legit

>self driving technology
I wish people would stop using self driving when it doesn't even exist yet. Companies are making autonomous or driver assisted technology, not self driving. And they have a bunch of hoops to hurdle through with the Government, especially on the commercial level. Wouldn't invest until I see some more support from the government than some highway organizations "encouraging safe driver technology"

>deep learning computers
More of a R&D project. Never see it becoming useful in consumer lives anytime soon.

>cryptocurrency trading
Nice meme.

>E commerce
Too late to the party.

People buy the hole not the hammer but what does that have to do with the question?

>marijiana
Demand for marijuana is relatively inelastic. So, its very likely this industry will thrive, provided the feds don't create a monopoly like alcohol in Canada.

>cryptocurrency
Not trading, but the market size for bitcoin is expected to exponentially grow. Can't speak for the other altcoins.

Cryptocurrency is a meme but Blockchain technology is legit

>Companies are making autonomous or driver assisted technology, not self driving.

Differentiate between autonomous and self-driving, please.

I prefer Capitalism 1 or C.E.O (A-Train) DOS game

There are no growth industries, only growth companies.

But that's wrong you retard
By your logic information technology and computer science are just as in demand today as they were in 1865

Conversely steam train operator must also be as equally in demand

Forget about the industries. Forget about producers, think about consumer needs.

By your own example Steam Engines hardly is an industry anymore, but people still need transport.

GE sells different products than they did 100 years ago.

How about you actually read the thing and then come back to me?

>marijuana
thats like saying the demand for alcohol would drop after the 20s

Well that's not what your post says is it. We are talking about industries. And to say "hurr there's no such thing as a growth industry" is just down right silly. Are you suggesting Op is setting himself up for a successful life if he gets into say manufacturing, or professional driving?

And your new point is easily disproved as well
What about new products that create a brand new need
For example computers, there was no need for connected electronic devices in offices pre 1980. The invent of personal computers created an entirely new consumer need. As did older products such as tobacco, the combustion engine or the telephone

It depends on what level we are talking
an illegal grower or dealer would be screwed by legalisation. However a botanist who works with a legal marijuana company in the Netherlands or something is obviously in a good position

Bitcoin is a monopoly. Last I checked only 18 addresses owned 99.999% of the market cap.

The technology being created today does not have continuous driving capability. They are not self driving. They are governed by an operator. Maybe 10 years from now you will see tractor trailers driving themselves on the interstates, but they will still need an operator with a valid CDL and the same distracted laws will apply to them. It will be a very long time before we see regulated self driving cars that do everything themselves.

>The technology being created today does not have continuous driving capability. They are not self driving. They are governed by an operator.

Yeah I thought you might not know what you're talking about, thankfully this has clarified that you definitely don't.

Google Car is door to door driverless.

The actual cars being produced don't have a steering wheel or pedals. The government will mandate that fully driverless cars will be forced into operation as soon as possible due to the economic efficiencies derived from the reduction of congestion thanks to trip sharing, and the fact that we have to compete with other countries who may implement it sooner and therefore will outcompete us economically.

So 1% of bitcoin users hold 99% of the wealth?

Shit dog how will that ever succeed.

>Last I checked only 18 addresses owned 99.999% of the market cap.

you are a liar and a faggot.

buy POTCOIN

The government hasn't mandated anything and the few states that have legislated "self driving" cars on public roads are for private manufacture test use only under specific conditions. Florida is the only state that I know of that lets anybody drive them, and they still require an operator behind the wheel with a driver's license. You should read up on your US laws. After the tragic deaths of people behind Tesla's Autopilot, and the countless wrecks Google's car has bee in, the government isn't budging anytime soon. Hell, Google isn't even allowed to test their cars above 25mph on public roads. Shows how much the government has faith in them. What is working however, is the driver assisted cars Uber is putting out in their Pilot program. They have 2 operators in the front seat, and have yet to cause any accidents.

You are right, it has changed. But it's still a huge monopoly.

Driverless cars are only feasible if we do massive infrastructure investment to make driverless roads. If the highways are built specifically to be piloted by AI, then I see self-driving cars a real possibility. Then again, we would also need 'road traffic controllers' and 'pit stop crews' to manage the complications.

Driverless cars aren't going to be a thing for the foreseeable future due to the massive cost in investing in the Commons (that make it possible.)

I don't understand why so many people think that driverless cars will only work on special roads. What is it about current roads that make you think it's not possible to use a driverless car?

>I don't understand why so many people think that driverless cars will only work on special roads. What is it about current roads that make you think it's not possible to use a driverless car?
black people

I manage to drive on the current roads every day with black people and I've only crashed a few times.

>I manage to drive on the current roads every day with black people and I've only crashed a few times.
But you convey authority driving. With no driver/operator in control people would fuck with the car.

>stand in the road
>car stops
>nervous suburbanite realizes there's no steering wheel or gas pedal so at mercy of computer algorithms
>inner city youth brandishes weapon
>car still won't move cause won't run anyone over
>...

I don't think special roads are necessary, but there are too many things to be accounted for to be feasible right now.
How do you program a car to accelerate through a BLM protest, but to stop and detour around a holiday parade?

Maybe this is a good reason for why driverless cars won't ever work in third world countries like the US, but I don't see this being a problem where I live.

It would be retarded to take away the manual controls. Even if we had cars that could be trusted to be entirely self-driving, we would still need manual controls for emergencies.

I'll admit what I first said was a rhetorical flourish.
The point is you need to stop thinking in terms of growth industries, and focus on company's that can capitalize on growth or successfully transition to new sources of revenue.

take the airline industry, constantly growing, still massively unprofitable

>What about new products that create a brand new need
>For example computers, there was no need for connected electronic devices in offices pre 1980.

Yes but isn't that the information sector? Like there was still the need to compute information, databases have existed for over a hundred years, probably even longer if you consider Medici era banks as having databases of sorts.

It's like the dotcom bubble: people thought "Internet = Growth" and of course even though there are, now with retrospect, proven revenue models on the internet and e-commerce, it was naive to think that any company that had an internet operation was going to succeed, hence the bubble.

They got wrapped up with the industry, not the companies themselves.

Also you can have a growth industry, like you mention with the telephone which is telecommunications just like the telegraph -- but unless a telegraph company made the successful transition to telephony provider, they would be eaten alive. Growth sector, still dead.

they are all still growing industries, so i don't really understand what you're getting at.

disinformation agent

>How do you program a car to accelerate through a BLM protest, but to stop and detour around a holiday parade?

The driverless car has a cutaneous melanin detector unit