/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

NIGHTMARE SLAIN: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

First for the Great Ones

Why would you want to get Cronenberg'd just to gain 'insight'?

Official Byrgenwrrth Name Bastardization List

Burgerwerth
Burgertown
Bob's Burgers
Five Guys Burgers and Eyes
McWillem's

Am I missing any?

Incomplete game

Cronenburger but that's a stretch.

Old Hunter's Bone is fun especially on Quality builds and Beast Roar is incredibly useful especially against certain bosses(read: Micolash)

>tfw killing a boss with a cannon
>tfw killing a boss with A Call Beyond

kek

>tfw killing a boss with a Wheel Splash

That guy does use the Rosemarius and Flamesprayer right?

I haven't gotten to Micolash yet but I think I'm pretty far in the game so it must be sooner rather than later.

Don't know that pic was taken back when TOH released

Fucking checked.

>when should I start DLC, like what level and after what boss
>how badly am I gimping myself by not going 50 vit (completed chalice dungeons with like 20 vit)

Post-Mergo
You don't need to go over 40VIT

What are some good weapons to go for with an arcane build? Thinking about trying that.

I did it after Nightmare of Mensis.

>tfw doing a new playthrough now and I'm going to try to tackle the DLC as soon as I kill Amelia.
I don't know how tough it's going to be. Fishing Hamlet and those anchor whales gave me hell even when I was lvl 100.

As long as you have the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter you can go there at any time.

Threaded Cane
Saw Spear
Kos
*insert non split-damage weapon here

What about the purple Cthulhu face giant? I think I was around 70 when I went to the nightmare and got my shit pushed in a couple times by that faggot.

I forgot WHEEL and Holy Moonlight Sword.
Moonbeams FTW

Parry2Win

Only just barely made it through one playthrough of endless screaming and shit music before going back to the Nioh beta. Sure the other souls games are just as yelly but this game has so many boner-killing issues that it seems so much worse.

Having to farm for estus in this one is fucking stupid. Why they'd try out something new that sounds bad even on paper is just absurd.

Whoever made that fucking bird thing the final boss and let you wander around like there was something more after that is a fucking hack (it was probably miyazaki). Like, are you just supposed to go backtrack through old areas looking for little side areas and then just trigger the ending once you feel like it? What kind of epic grand finale is that? Even DS2 had a more interesting ending than that - you beat the boss, you're shown the ending and you get some epic poetry to go with it. In this game you walk up to the guy in the wheelchair that doesn't have anything to do with anything and he just kills you and that's it.

And that's all without mentioning the key items that don't do shit, like that chalice, or the stone some dude in a house gave me, or that key in the fucked up city with the mimics that shoot at you that doesn't open fucking anything. This game is just so blatantly unfinished, and in ways far worse than any of that 6 weapons memery. Do these things that sound important only work if you drop another $30 on the DLC or some shit?

How the hell can people be so fanatical about this? It sure can't be because of the story since you barely have any idea what you're doing or what any of these fags in top hats are doing here (there isn't even an explanation for why you respawn which all the other souls games and Nioh have), or the gameplay since only like half the weapons feel any more badass than any of the fucking longswords in DS3. What kind of mindset do you have to enjoy this so much that you'd play it over and over, let alone maintain a fucking general about it?

>Parry2Win
This is my answer literally every time. Apparently I'm pretty decent at everything but parrying.

Did you make sure to remember to update your Bloodborne to v1.10?

(you)

New copypasta?

>Whoever made that fucking bird thing the final boss
>He hasn't faced the True Final Boss yet
I bet you haven't even fought Gerhman
git gud you filthy skrub

To my great shame, I have created a FRC Ihyll with ROM at the end

While the fight itself is a disgusting array of 1-hit kills from your peripheral vision, I'm sure some of you madmen are keen for this rare gem farming opportunity!

Nothing of note in the side areas that I remember. Bring crowd control, the fetid offering filled the place with those long-leg buff shamans and their nude crew

54qzue4e

1st boss hatchet/Cannon giant, 2nd boss Keeper of the Old Lords, so those ezfrags shouldn't delay you long.

anyone that needs help on ps4?

>this entire post

ABSOLUTELY

M A J E S T I C
A
J
E
S
T
I
C

Only on Dreamcast, sorry :/

Bloodborne is literally and unironically a PS4 exclusive. You know this yes? Because Sonyggers are master race.

Nah, I need help on my Xbox though

>Gerhman
I don't even know who this is and I looked everywhere, I checked all the houses in the forest, I went back to where that guy with the stone was, I even killed that shitty NPC in the church with the two daggers and got fuck all from that. If there was REALLY something I fucking missed the devs are fucking stupid for hiding an all important thing in a tiny fucking corner with no indication of where it is.

Another fucking stupid thing I didn't mention is how you have to farm 10000 souls to get the gate open to go to the second boss. That shit was beyond fucking stupid, I was so sure there was an alternative hidden away somewhere but nope. Now that fucking staircase at the end of the area with the gatling gun guy past the lantern that goes up into the fucking ceiling seems like it would've been a pretty good place for a secret passage since if I've got the geography right that area is like right beneath everything else, but seeing how they clearly rushed this game out the fucking door to get started on DS3 as fast as possible that doesn't do shit or go anywhere either.

Actually the layout of that whole area is fucking weird - you come in through big doors, the boss is just to the right, and there's a big staircase that takes you to the upper area, then there's the gatling gun guy to the right at the top of that section, which just takes you right back down again, and there's fuck all between there and the starting point, so it's just one big pointless circle. What, did they just make that whole area so the guy could give you a gesture and his shitty pile bunker thing?

I could bitch about the level design for hours but I'll stop there. I'm just a little mad that I spend $40 on this game and it doesn't seem like anything more than a shitstain on the good souls name.

>killed Mergo
>doesn't know who Gehrman is
Literally how

For an Arcane build, Ludwig's Holy Blade or the Holy Moonlight Sword?

technically you could go the whole game without hearing his name if the only time you spoke to him was at the very end and you didn't speak to the doll before rushing to the ending

You're either bound and determined to continue this, for which I applaud you because this is really well written as a complaint shitpost or you're actually being serious which in that case, holy fucking shit you're a literal scrublord

>/dsg/

Oh wtf. I thought it was released on PC too.

Come back once you have more eyes

Holy Moonlight Sword for Str/Arc, Memeblade for Pure Arc. But really if you were going Pure Arc then don't bother with the Memeblade, those points for the requirements are better spent on Vit or Arc.

It probably should have been, but it wasn't, so PS4 fanboys can sperg out over it. Just one of those things.

He is clearly just a beta faggot fuccboi who wants attention for having his ass be empty of dick and cum for so long

He wants his fill

Sony contract, it isn't personal, PCfag

>Go to the Fishing Hamlet overleveled as hell, just about to fight Mergo's Tittymommy
>10+ Hunter's Axe, 9+ Cannon, even dropped some ARC so I can use the Blacksky Eye as a longrange tool
>Feeling confident

>Killed in one hit by the new giant-type enemies because they can stunlock you with their most common move
>Fishdogs buffed to have a stun move
>Every common enemy is also now an archer
>Also mages that attack you through walls

What the fuck. What the fuck? This is the hardest area in a Souls game. I adored Blighttown and I played through it on 1.0, why is this so torturous? It shouldn't be like this.

I have a PS4 and a PC powerful enough for gaming. I ain't even mad. Console war fanboyism is still gay though.

You, realize Sony funded the game, don't you? It'd be like if Halo got ported to PS4 or Destiny got ported to Xbone.

>1.0
Well there's your problem

Git Gud you skrub
Shaman Bone Blade helps

they didn't just fund the game, Japan Studio co developed the fucking thing (though looking at DS3 co-develop might be putting it lightly)

It's my most favourite/least favourite area in the game.
>that fucking gloomy, dark atmosphere
>creepy as fuck and water-themed
>fucking whale giant assholes
>Orphan of Kos at the end
My reasons for loving it are the same as my reasons for hating it.

I did not realize that, no. Makes more sense though. Like I said I have a PS4 so I'm not worried about it anyway.

Can't you just hack the PS4 software into your PC so you can play BB with better hardware?

PS4 sucks nowadays compared to the latest Corei7s

Blighttown and, to an extension everything in DS1, is tortuously hard in 1.0. The gargoyles, for example, drop less than 10,000 souls. And only one NPC sells the rocks that cure Curse, and only two of them. And Curse stacks, so fuck you if it ever gets you twice.

I tried to use the SBB, I can never get the timing right. I couldn't use it on the big Nightmare Apostle, either.

Can you even say Byrgenwerth did anything wrong when Kos's Great One influence made all the townspeople into horrible fish abominations? Really, they were doing the right thing.

Whoever bothered to write this really needs some happiness in his or her life.

One thing I like about BB is that it combines the idea of bonfires and archstones. I just wish you could populate the dream with NPCs. I guess the bath messengers sort of kill the point of it since they sell everything, on top of there not being any techniques to teach.

I suppose the chapel is the next best thing.

McRomalds

>Can you even say Byrgenwerth did anything wrong when Kos's Great One influence made all the townspeople into horrible fish abominations? Really, they were doing the right thing.

Well, the villagers worshipped her corpse, they were farming the parasites on her body probably for food and stuff, the area down past the lighthouse is filled to the brim with parasites. Burgertown came in and decided to kill everyone to see if they had eyes in their brains, villagers were pretty much just minding their own business.

Is a quality/arc build viable?
I'm thinking 28/25/40 or 25/25/50, with lower VIT/END

from the sounds of things, even ignoring the DLC it sounds like you somehow missed at least half the game, seems to me you might want to start a new game and follow a guide this time around

I know /bbg/ recommends doing a blind playthrough for your first run, but I think this illustrates one of the flaws with that, you can easily end up missing a huge amount of the game and thus end up lowering one's enjoyment

I did Cruel Fate 40/12/25/25/5/40 at BL97 with the Holy Moonlight Sword. It was pretty viable. Though I would knock some points off Skill for 50 Arcane if you wanted to stay around 98.

I've never tried it but that sounds awful. I could be wrong.

I don't really think it's a flaw of a blind playthrough, my first was blind and I still knew who Gehrman was considering he introduced himself at the beginning of the fucking game

It's more of a retard test than a flaw, and that guy failed it
Miserably

Thanks for the heads up. I've preferred skill weapons to everything else but want to try everything new from the DLC.

I'm not counting on it being exceptional by any means. I may just restart after trying out all the weapons and min/maxing.

That is, if PvP has gotten any better since I last played..

It's incredibly viable especially if you are using the WHEEL or the HMLS

The only credit I'll give him is "letting the spooky ayy lmaos grab hold of you".

On a blind run, no one would think to let something grab them, potentially killing them.

If Kos was the first Great One they discovered, the catalyst to everything, what did Hamburglenworthy do before they discovered Kos? Willem only realized they needed to line their brains with eyes to see more after extensive researching, and the concept itself is fucking stupid and can only have come from a madman who had been exposed to Great One stuff for too long, to the point that even within Willem's lifetime, from his time as an old man to an even older busted-up old man, everyone's forgotten what that nonsense even meant.

I believe Byrgenwerth started out with the Chalices, exploring the old labyrinths. I think that's where the idea got started.

Why were people seeking Great One knowledge in the first place? Was it all just man's desire to seek further knowledge?

If you hear Patches, that motherfucker, tell you to go to the Cathedral to meet the godhead, you realistically should've. In my experience walking to the door and trying to open it, turning around and running away puts you in the exact spot of the Amygdala's grab. The only way you could've missed it is if you ignored Patches entirely, and that makes you a dumb motherfucker.

But the Church discovered Ebby-chan in a Chalice. They couldn't have went chalice-delving before meeting Kos, if she was the first Great One.

I assumed it was generic "dude let's shove this juice into people to see what happens" research that happened in the Victorian era to the Industrial revolution. That was the time that Stupid Science was born, like electroshocking your brain to fix it. Basically the thought process was "Well, why shouldn't we put a current through his brain or inject him with alien slime? We have the stuff right here and it might fix his sore foot if we did."

Ebrietas was discovered by the Choir. The Choir was established some time after the Church's foundation, but the Church was founded on "Old Blood" recovered from the labyrinths. What exactly that blood is is unknown, but it couldn't have been Ebrietas's.

>"Well, why shouldn't we put a current through his brain or inject him with alien slime? We have the stuff right here and it might fix his sore foot if we did."
Ahh yes. Those were the days...

How are you supposed to know that the invisible force that grabs you is the godhead? How do you even know it's Patches that talks to you?

And another thing. People like Gehrman, Willem and Laurence were around during the fishing village massacre, which means it can't have been more than 15, maybe 20 years ago in-universe. How did they go from normal Victorian England to some mild beastage but still mostly under wraps to "lol now we can make Great Ones like Rom and the Celestial Emissary just for funsies" in less than even one person's lifetime? It can't have even been 10 years between the Living Failures and Research Hall fiasco and the Orphanage being full of little Gutsbabbies, working Insight Harvesters and actual Great Ones that can make contact. How did they advance so quickly? It reached a point where Shin Iosefka can make ayy lmaos that act as antennas and has Oedon impregnate her in a dingy-ass shit-lab without anything but her own blood. And everyone references it like it was a long-ass time ago! Yahargul was still a normal town when the millennials inside it were born! And yet old hunters are spoken of like they're the fuckin' Jedi in the OT.

Willem fears the Old Blood. The entire church seems to, despite openly worshiping Amygdala, or at least Amygdala-like beings. It's implied this Old Blood is Pthumerian in nature, but Mergo and the other Great Ones ended up destroying Pthumerian society so it's hard to tell. But given the heretics of Mensis end up trying to beckon Mergo, and the Pthumerian Queen birthed him, it can be assumed Mergo's blood is what the Old Blood refers to.
I guess what I'm saying is, why doesn't anyone ACTUALLY fear the old blood?

>"Step lightly round to the right of the great cathedral, and seek an ancient, shrouded church... The gift of the godhead will grant you strength..." "
People STILL don't read item descriptions

You're not supposed to know Amy G is the godhead. But Patches sends you there on the promise of godhead, and then you should get snatched trying to open the door, because it's timed in that kind of way and the grab is wide enough for it.

If you've played DS1 or Demon's Souls, you'll know Patches. It's the same voice actor and speech patterns that are instantly recognizable.

I was trying to be nice to the guy

I think Laurence did fear the old blood, but believed that he could control it and use it for good. A classic tragic downfall, really, he had the best of intentions but was ultimately working with things beyond his control. And I think only the Choir and Mensis really knew what they were dealing with after Laurence died, most of the Church, especially after the Old Hunters are all gone, do seem like they were trying their best to help. It was the Choir and Mensis who were doing the fucked-up shit because muh eyes.

>The church dindu nuffin
>they good boys and girls
>nee mo money fo dem beast purges

You're not fooling me again, motherfucker. Amelia transformed into a reindogger just to kill me, and the fact that there are still things like the Cleric Beast and Gascoigne transforming means they didn't fear the old blood either.

I think it was a bit longer than that, just looking at how established the Cathedral Ward is. Gehrman's a old man in the time of the game, so it could have been thirty, even forty years back.

But even then, just look at how fast technology has come in the past twenty or thirty years for us, and we're not even dealing with sacred blood and godly other-dimensional beings.

The whole Beast Scourge has been going on for several years, probably far longer than that, and any harrowing event is going to make things before it seem a lot nicer and better. And Yharnam's only gotten worse as time goes on, people long for the days when the Old Hunters were about everywhere, because the city was still a ways away from being completely fucked, while in the game it's almost completely gone.

Imagine you're five years old and you have to hide at night from the beasts, and ten years later you still have to hide at night from the beasts. Back in the day, you could look up at all the Old Hunters running about and fighting, but now it's mostly the townsfolk who have to take arms, and hunters are barely seen.

My main point is letting it grab you. When I saw the glowy stuff, I rolled the hell out of the way the first time.

I myself know of Patches. I rather like him even if he is an all ways, a true Hyena.

Which lends into the point of not trusting him. If you hear Patches' familiar voice trying to give you advice you'd take it with the salt mine.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to get to the Nightmare Frontier blind, I'm trying to say I can see how one would either miss it/decide not to listen to a habitual liar.

You don't greentext every post my dude. gbt reddit

>My main point is letting it grab you. When I saw the glowy stuff, I rolled the hell out of the way the first time.
>Hmm this item description says to go to the right of the church
>I've killed all the enemies, and now there is nothing that is dynamic in this area
>Except for a portal that flies around when I walk close to the door
>hmm I wonder what is supposed to happen

>cannon giant
Huh, don't see him very often.

On my blind pt i read the description and went to that area. Past the doors is yahargul and the only thing interesting is the ball of energy so i took the chance as its a video game so i dgaf if i die like autistics.
Like fuck i cant even type andi figured that out ya dumb fuck, learn to blame yourself instead of inanimate objects.

I'm not saying the Church dindu nuffin. I'm saying that the current generation of the Church was fighting a losing battle.

Blood ministration had become a widespread thing, and while it was leading to the Beast Scourge, the entire city had come to depend on it. Their choices were starve everyone of blood and destroy the city, or keep trying to fight the beasts.

I believe a rather common Gothic theme is that the sins of the previous generations will continue to haunt the present. Laurence and Co. fucked up, but there's nothing the current Church can do about it but struggle and hope things might get better.

What parts of Bloodborne lore haven't been touched pretty much at all?

None. All of it has basically been covered.

I basically only ask because I make lore videos from time to time and I'm making BB shit now because I'm sort of fed up with Souls lore.

Everyone's sperging about DS3 DLC but pretty much everything that can be said has been said about the info available.

Naybody want to help me with abhorrent beast in ailing loran?

>lore videos
Vaati, please fuck off.

sure famalama

you got a password so I can SRRC in?

Not Vaati. I talk shit on him all the time. He's even emailed me about it.

Willem was an elderly man in the cutscene after Amelia, and he's downright decrepit when you meet him. He literally couldn't have survived any longer than 20 more years given this is Victorian England and he was already at least late 50s.

We have proper research methods and trials for new drugs and such, instead of the Yharnam method of shoving shit into people and seeing how they mutate. Modern, advanced methods are so much better it's not a fair comparison.

The Beast Scourge is a new thing. It's caused by the Blood of the Great Ones and the Healing Church's blood ministration. so it can't have been around before the church. Regardless of nostalgia, you can still see things that are out of their own time. Cainhurst, for instance, is built upon the same type of Blood as the Church, and yet those pompous motherfuckers live in the oldest castle in the world and are spoken about like they were an ancient group. And Eileen can't be more than 60 years old, to still be fighting. She's not even an Old Hunter around for the first scourge, so she must've become a Hunter late in life. Yet her weapon is described as one of the earliest in the Workshop. And the Powder Keggers! I don't recall if Djura founded them or not, but their badges make them sound like a much older organization than less than 15 years old. Not to mention fucking Paarl, and the whole of Yahargul being filled to bursting with evil eldritch shit when it hasn't even been a problem for a lifetime. How do people not look at that and think "I was alive in a time where there weren't statues of malformed horrors, I wonder why the church decided to make those one day as pat of their platform on giving us all healing blood and killing the beasts that arose suspiciously close to its own establishment"?

What's your channel, then? I need to shitpost at you.

Never mind, someone helped me.

>The Beast Scourge is a new thing. It's caused by the Blood of the Great Ones and the Healing Church's blood ministration.

You're forgetting about Loran famalam.

maybe some of the weirder enemies could be discussed, I'm sure that some interesting things could be thought up regarding the Church Doctors, Church Giants, and Executioners alone