Own a small business

>own a small business
>work afternoon on a saturday
>literally have nobody come in in the past hour and a half

Anyone knows these feels?

Time to shut it down.

what kind of business is it?
also start getting cuckstomers

I've had the store for almost 3 years now. It never had that much traffic, but its enough to sustain myself. It provides a below-average salary in my country.

But it has these gaps like this where occasionally nobody will come in for an hour. Especially on colder autumn/winter days like this where its cold and barely anyone out on the streets.

It's a home depot.

fuck, meant to say above-average* there.

Anyway just wanted to casually chat with others who might be in similar situation and how do they keep their spirits up.

This.

Micro or Macro? What college?

Do you realize this board has post IDs you metaphorical cumstain?

Hahaha ur fucking dumb bud

Bored Home Depot shop owner, have you considered some things actual Home Depot and Lowe's do?

For example, community workshops & tutorials on building shit. Or incentivizing daylaborers (illegal Mexicans. In your case gypsies?) to hang out in front waiting for work.

I'm right next to the daycare and one of tradeschools. Gypsies tend to not stick around due to that plus they have designated areas (two in total) around my backwards small ass nigger town where contractors expect them to be. Sound idea on paper so thanks.

As far as workshops go, this is really no market for that. Ironically most of my customers are middle aged women, they don't give two fucks about building anything on their own. Most stuff that gets bought I end up putting together solely due to that. People nowadays straight out refuse to get their hands dirty.

To be honest with you, surely I can do some things better, but not a whole lot. There is competition (mostly chinese, there are 6 or 7 chinese stores around the town), and they due to some shitty law some shitbag wrote don't have to pay any taxes when importing their goods. So they end up having far better prices than local businesses. I try to offer good, friendly service so I do alright but generally you cannot do that much better.

For reference average monthly salary

Fuck, was on the phone and hit enter by accident.

*For reference, average monthly salary here is around 300-350$ so it is what it is. Nonetheless I imagine that most people on this board who dabble in their own business like me vary on the success scale quite a bit.

>newfag
>can't into post ID's

>they don't give two fucks about building anything on their own

Do you have a garden center? Like an area for plants and shit?

Middle aged women love sprucing up their homes with that kind of crap.

Also gypsies are probably shit workers who steal from jobsites. Maybe get a list of good/trusted workers, especially from the tradeschool, and refer them to contractors.

Not just gypsies, also romanians, bulgarians, occasional hungarian.

Also yes, a solid chunk of the shop is dedicated to gardening products. Its also 80% of sales more or less during the summer. Also dabbling a bit into very, very basic chemical stuff like soil.

Hoping to push more into chemical products around next spring.

Are you in serbia

Yesss.

Now I'm not saying you should start growing weed and I know nothing about growing weed.

But wouldn't getting the word out to some local grow houses provide year round garden center demand?

Is it at least comfy?

Also what does staying open require that being closed does not? Do you have workers, lots or lights ect?

If it's just you have you considered setting up a tv where you watch the door to pass the time between infrequent customers?

Well it's plenty comfy. I have one employee who I swap shifts with, meaning I only have to work 6 hours a day, 8 to 2pm and 2pm to 8pm. We alternate week at a time.

Didn't quite get the second question, explain a bit better if you can. If you mean what I have to do when I open the shop up, well.. you take certain amount of random products and set them outside of shop so that people see them/get incentive to stop by inside. You also display things that most people probably wouldn't think to ask for in your type of shop.
During summer its bright outside until 9pm, during winter it gets dark as early as 4:30pm. Entire store which is roughly 70 square meters is lit by white neon, there are couple of outside lights but I am limited.

Aslo I have a work laptop and fairly fast DSL line so I am never bored, that's the least of my worries.

Also my ID changed for some reason, could be a router reboot.

I know the feels just figure all you can do is stay comfy and try and find a way to get what the Chinese have on that tax rule.

No way around that, chinese have a deal with our goverment. They invest shitload of money into our infrastructure really (railroads etc) and in return they get all kinds of tax deductions for their people who immigrate here.

Its a doggy dog world out there user. Anyway its 7:45pm, time to sort out the till and the trade books for today and start closing. Thanks for posting in my shitty thread, I am going to go for a few beers now. Will check if the thread is alive when I get home in an hour or two.

Poor pup.

Then why work?

You need a way to only show up/work when the customers have a need.

Sounds like your business model needs to change.