/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Roguenex.us is down due to a security leak until further notice.

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bpaste.net/show/0d39c61d6949
bpaste.net/show/af686998367b
git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commitdiff;h=5de740afa3f7251671b634d17b39e54a7c79cb50
crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4605
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will updating my one month old version of Cata break the savegames?

2nd for Quazloud

Who /memecharacter/ here?

I'm stuck in my dorms due to a severe storm so I'm doing this guy right now. I would've done tengu but eh, they die too fast..

Supposedly you can still load 0.A games in the experimentals.

So it should work unless someone accidentally the code.

All my characters are themed. I can't play any other way.

I've got Karasu the TeWz who flys above his army of summons, striking at foes with his polearm and air magicks.

Crysta the SpEn of Fedhas, here to get the orb so she can save her forest from Hexxus.

Batty Koda the VpEn is there too. He got separated from Crysta.

Maneaster is a GrFi of Ashenzari trying to collect souls.

Centurio X-I the FoEE was sick of people stealing his Shaman's Cloak and came to the dungeon to obtain power.

Muromi-san is a MfIE and Suu is a DsTm. I haven't bothered to think up their two sentence backstory yet.

and Rooty Tooty McShooty is a HEHu who is fucking sick of dying and running out of arrows holy fuck you can't do ranged only no magic classes in this game.

looks like I'm not allowed to die now

i can feel the splat approaching

To that user asking about IA last thread:
Cool Headed, Dextrous, Melee or Ranged II, and Strong Back are some of the first traits I usually take on a War Vet.

You also usually don't want to use a pitchfork or sledgehammer without a rank in a melee skill, or if you are an occultist for the darkbolt synergy.
+3 Machete is the best weapon for every class IMO.

Damn. I'm not even sure this character was actually possible. By the time I hit Lair 1, everything everywhere was chasing me always. I couldn't restore my mana fast enough to deal with the threats.

>Lblades with fencer gloves
>Plutonium sword
Jesus christ

check them resistances my friend!

>Tired of splatting
>Roll up a MiBe for the first time in months
>Finish lair in 50 minutes
Jesus i forgot how strong this is
What's a good time to abandon trog? Before vaults?

Hmmm... how exactly did I arrive at this killhole with Chei speed? I really can't remember but I'm sure it was traumatizing.

before extended

I'm running an Epic Enchanter in Quest For The Unicorn. Currently, I'm abusing CHA to buy cheap stuff, enchant it, and sell it for more than I bought it. My plan is to buy a Spear of Spruce and blast some shmucks out in the wilderness until level 7, when I can buy Medium Health, enchant all my stuff with it, and feel safe enough to enter dungeon 1.

do boots negate the negative stealth effect from cloven feet or just the aux attack?

fcrawlposchengband: bpaste.net/show/0d39c61d6949
fcrawl: bpaste.net/show/af686998367b
My versions are both fairly old. I can't recall when I got them and I don't know if any work has been done on them.

What game be this? (And is it available in nonASCII format?)

Rumor is that these two received Zin's wrath for having a love more pure than Zin's. The twins couldn't be reached for commentary, but are understandably salty about the whole situation.

I did it all for the puns, I regret nothing.

see >(And is it available in nonASCII format?)
Yes, it's available in non-ASCII but it takes like 5 seconds to load the screen every time it needs to be redrawn (which is often) so I wouldn't recommend it.

>tfw you don't realize the game name was already mentioned because of how silly it is.

Thanks. I'll take a look and see if I can stand either version. The color coding looks decent enough that I may be able to handle the ascii.

Was monster generation in Crawl tweaked recently? It seems like there are more spawns per 100 turns than there used to be.

>Really attack while wielding your 20 stones?
No you jackass, I just want to get closer so I can get within casting range of Sandblast.

On that note, I wish there were a way to specify a starting skill training configuration. I'm shit at this game and one of the more annoying things about dying is having to set all that shit back up every time I want to try again.

there is

>Really attack barehanded?
Jesus fuck that rat has no hp left, just let me poke it with a finger once you don't have to ask for confirmation every single fucking time

just say yes so it doesn't bother you again

>skill training ""configuration""
On turn 1 you press m then press shift+(letter of Earth Magic). Then train that to 5.
Then you press m, then shift+(letter of conjurations). Then train that to 3-5 depending on Apt.

I know that already, but I'd like not to have to bring up the m menu at all.

Well there's a script you can use to bring up the skills menu automatically on turn one.
I suppose you could extend it to assign a skill based on your class, but I don't know how.

now THIS is what I call a fun game where you aren't allowed to ?blink/tele out like a scaredy cat

I hope you die. Like, right now.

>tfw vampiric handaxe

would it be worth enchanting it a bit? how far could it carry me?

lmao no, dying with a Step From Time and /HW is just not allowed

Nigger you have like three different escape options AND some potions.

>fall ass backwards into artifacts
>play like complete shit
>almost die like 5 times
>still win

Fuck you.

Here's hoping he fucks up on the way back out.

Living the dream. I miss when we could quadzap even if it was hideously overpowered and degenrate. It was just such an immersive feature.

no

>golden rune of zot
>isn't golden

It is, undiscovered runes are just given the same placeholder sprite

You finally showed your dirty cat face at last

What game is this?

literally walk away: the videogame
also known as dungeon crawl stone soup

done, one of my dreams finally came true

Fuck you and die.

What have you against this dude?

Oh I didn't recognize it in ASCII, looks so much different.

>diesel as fuck character
>fuckton of good artifacts
>still fucks up and almost dies numerous times despite this

He doesn't deserve to win.

jealous

winning with a FoFi^Chie is not tough dude

especially if you have the plutonium sword and fencer's gloves, jesus

so post your win then
u jelly as fuck

Most actual threats in this game aren't riposte-able user. Most notable are Iron Giants and Hell Sentinels

The HUD is the part that looks the most similar.

Any Elona+ vets give me tips what do now that I've mostly finished NT?

I'm clearing dungeons for plat and medals, eating food for potential and stats, completing quests and trying to raise all my skills to 60. And I'm capturing little girls and farming AP at lvl 50+ dungeons for speed. My long term game is cycling gods for their rewards so I can hit the ST quests with good gear, skills, stats, and high speed.

Do I continue on with a straight-forward OpTm build?
Or so I fuck it and worship Quazloud to try to become the loudest, shieldiest, Octopode I can be?

>69 average stats at 124 hours

you sure like taking it easy huh

And I fucked up my image.

More or less nailed it? Keep your potentials up, invest, keep stocking books to spam buffs to level them. watch your invested black market for good buys. Especially the #####+ resist magic that you can shuffle material for another resist. I dunno if the unmangled pasta survived but dig through it and any nested pastebins.

You're getting up to the point where you can bear the magic guild leader to teleport the guard away and go use the book scribe.

Stop being a salty faggot and post your own wins, hater

NO BULLY

Old character from 1.41, all I did was harvest quests thinking I needed to grind money for certain things. Didn't even attempt bosses till last week. Is that bad?

Just because another user posts like a faggot, doesn't mean you have to descend to his level or even respond.
Just ignore it.

Man my copy must be in a shitty mood today...

I ran away from Menkaure and ran into Natasha, I splatted 2 turns after this screenshot, when i slayed Natasha, chugged Might, and died.

I'm a patient man but fuck me man sometimes the RNG just says "Fuck you today", i swear. I'm the same dude who had 5 ghosts in 5 floors and Urug/Nergalle at the same time. Why does every floor have to have some faggot monster i have to run away from for five floors now? I think i'm switching back to .13 for a while

Crawl getting harder with each successive version confirmed

>my copy
Do you displace your negative emotions to a splinter personality?
You should stop mixing between 1st and 3rd person in that case. It's confusing.
I hope your copy feels better later.

I was 400 hours into an elona run back in like .16. Never beat south tyris or even the tower of fire. Just farmed, fished and did jobs. Comf as fug up until it crashed and the save got borked.

>unidentified scrolls, potions, AND two rings

Unid is as good as not having them at all.

>Hurr what if I get some mutations

better that than taking fat mummy dick

Don't get me wrong, it's good to take it easy since Elona is such a nonsense grinding autism simulator but it should have some limits

>Long thin line of exploration from the only stair he knows
>Probably made a bunch of noise or something else did too
If you blame it on the RNG instead of taking responsibility you'll never improve.

That randart name entry actually predates the video by about 2 years.

git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commitdiff;h=5de740afa3f7251671b634d17b39e54a7c79cb50

800 hours in MS paint

Yeah. You should be doing all the jobs cause as your fame rises you get more money per job until you start getting 2,3,4,5+ plat per job. The money lets you buy, invest, buy and enchant better gear, consumables and spell stock which lets you dunk on dungeons. You'll eventually quaff up 7 league boots and run cargo in addition to diving easy dungeons on the way to/back for even more dosh. It becomes a runaway train if you keep at it.

It's also from an english phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth."

I haven't seen the video.

>It's also from an english phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth."
Of course, but who the fuck references an ancient saying as a meme?

He probably doesn't know the saying and thinks the video made it up was the implication.

OK let me rephrase

Proper playing of this game is sometimes really repetitive and annoying. I'm tired of getting to Lair once for every 19 times i get raped by asshole posion monsters or boss gangbangs. I also think it's annoying that 99% of creatures in the dungeon auto-target you and just proceed to fuck you up. And then they just hang out where you left them. And if you're a scrub, every time you splat, you leave a ghost that fucks you up later on, because they always appear before you're ready for them. Oh boy, ANOTHER monster i have to run from until ????

I love this game but it's frustrating as fuck sometimes.

Fair, I totally understand

you are very bad

Yeah, wow, explore around your stairs and pay attention to loud noises, evocation, spell noise then explore in chucks pulling away from unexplored zones to avoid adds so you don't get fucking rocked. So laborious. I know, I'll just run alond the map edge, get cut off, git dunked on and play the early game all over again. Cause nothing is more repititive and annoying than playing smart one time so it's best to just splat incessantly.

Just spam draconian, hill orc, or ogre anything. You can streak dozens of those to lair with no problem.

>priest smites me 5 times in a row
Come the fuck on man. I survived, but there should really be a limit or something.

All I hate about ghosts is that they're usually stronger than the actual character that died.

As a DECo once I get my spells down to 1% failure chance and 0 hunger what skills do I concentrate on for the end game?

I assume its a mix of Invocations, Fighting, Dodging and Evocations?

One in ten thousand still happens once.

A What? Please refer to crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4605

Oh, I didn't know, is the plat reward tied to a formula? I figured doing a bunch of quests quickly in yowyn and doubling back to palmia and repeating was the best way to raise it, once I get my performance to 30

Deep Elf Cocksucker?

someone messaged me on xtahua, didn't read it, i just saw "1 new message" when leaving cause tired as shit (which you could have guessed from casting confuse with 2% until mp pool was gone)
you're welcome to continue if you want to, whoever it was

>DECo

concentrate on becoming a decoration

>usually
which situations are they not stronger?
only thing i can think of is stairs

you have been

smitten

Just keep raising your fame doing as many jobs as you can handle.Eventually you unlock harder jobs with a higher plat reward and your regular jobs slowly get harder then pay more plat. you don't really have to go out of your way just do all the jobs you can whenever you can.

>focusing on getting to 0hunger
fault

>DECj

>Cocksucker
If it gets my question answered, then sure

>Fighting, Dodging, Evocations

none of those

don't worry about hunger

you can train conj beyond the point necessary for spell success because it also improves damage, but you might have more success just going fighting/dodging/etc until you have higher-level spells available

>troll earth elementalists dont start with a potion of lig
shit game 0/10

>Trolls don't get instantly petrified when they leave the dungeon
shit game 10/10

Hunger is largely irrelevant. Butcher whatever you can and eat permafood if it looks iffy since corpse saccs aren't really a thing anymore. Thanks devs!

Your goals are mostly get a L4-5+ damage spell with enough power to kill a hydra in ~4 casts
Raise a defense according to apts so you don't implode in a light frogging unless you're gonna go glass cannon
Get more spellpower and a little more defense and minor buffs
Then decide if you're gonna use evocables and the crystal ball/staff of energy, haste, your gods invocs, a melee weapon or launcher to help supplement your blasting.
Win your 5-rune

removal of food W H E N

>play a caster
>starve to death because baddie
>removal of food W H E N

gitgud lol

They had a chunkless branch up.

If I LRD myself while in statue form, will I die?