/hou/ Thread: When Veeky Forumstists Buy A Car Edition

Bring us your humble, your meek, your huddled masses of shitboxes, yearning to be free. Whether ye be poor, or an aristocrat on high, welcome here ye be.

//

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.

This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.
> zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

//

Now onto the news. Tonight!

· El Nino continues to Nino

· /hou/ shirts and hats may come into the fold.

· We discuss the possibility of a collective, central /hou/ garage location for wrenching and detailing.

· Kartfag and SC model the Waseinburgerring in Assetto Corsa.

· We look at 2 potential community project vehicles:

>rape van for tools, poorfag crew, pit stops, on-the-go refueling, and broadside murals
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5638191108.html

>$500 SC400
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5635376986.html

· We consider making the Waseinburgerring a regular event with timers at stage points to develop a point-to-point rally leaderboard.

· Dagumi uploads footage of the Waseinburgerring cruise: mega.nz/#!lNlklaob!Scjp51mdPmgy-7UdC7b6H7GHMUg6xQKFE-z8UXfDxgU

· We plan on attending Cars and Coffee this coming Saturday at Vintage Park.

· We consider starting statewide Race Wars with Austin and Dallas.

· We get even more sophisticated and organized.

· Everybody's going to make it.

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5617320857.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5657244410.html
collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/5637771200.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5619763402.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5599503441.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5623107069.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5642160543.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5654855713.html
dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/5659631331.html
txdot.gov/inside-txdot/media-center/local-news/houston/024-2016.html
instagram.com/hwatracing/
steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan
youtu.be/QS9B_YaxT5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Cars and Coffee at Vintage Park
>The City of Me

At Memorial City Mall. They don't hold C&C at Vintage Park anymore.

Ugh, our threads need to have more breathing room, give us 500 replies, at least. Every fucking time, I swear to god.

Reposting:
And why did you delete the Galaxie and S12? Dracula and I still want to buy the former.

Nobody had said anything about them. My bad.

>$700 Ford Galaxie - needs tires and carb work
>houston.craigslist.org/cto/5617320857.html

BOY OH BOY MY FAVORITE PART OF THE SHOW

FORGET THE 300 REPLIES WORTH OF CONVERSATIONAL MOMENTUM BUILDUP FROM THE LAST THREAD AND START FRESH LIKE THERE'S NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT FOR THE FIRST 200 COMMENTS

yes i mad

why don't you tell us how you really feel?

a little upset

In other news, SC woke up finally and were gonna import this track into the AC editor and get this shit running. Its gonna be dope, yall. For real. Or not, but the probability is that it will be and not that it wont be. Or something.

Give a man a break, I needed the sleep : /

None of you'll crackers even smoke cracks

Ayy, y'all cowards don't even smoke crack.

(But on the cool, I might sell it.)

>looking at Craigslist
>find these
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5657244410.html
>mfw

I didn't even know they exported these to the US. Why the fuck would they export these to the US.

Well I finally got the remote start installed in the hoe (after much procrastination). Now I have keyless entry as well. Bought some shocks today. Will install those along with the abs sensor sometime this weekend. Gonna get a new windshield next week. Mustang is still running great but I haven't done anything to it.

Hey InspoGuyCarl.

collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/5637771200.html

You know you want to.

It's like y'all want to destroy /hou/

Butthurticus here

When I eventually do get the Canyon should I go with the 3.6L V6, or 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine? I'm thinking the V6 because the Duramax would make more sense if I were using it as a work truck. But damn, hearing the Duramax start up was pretty nice.

In other news, doctor said I can't drive so if we do a mini-meet I'd have to get picked-up (or god forbid, dropped off by my dad).

Your dad is welcome to hang out with us

LS Swap it :^)

Where do you live? Maybe someone nearby can pick you up.

League City, near 518 and 3.

opinions? im hoping to find a cheap car that has an easy fix
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5619763402.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5599503441.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5623107069.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5642160543.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5654855713.html

Something tells me you have a Honda fetish.

I would go with either the white Prelude or the last Civic personally.

If the dude isn't lying about the Civic, there's probably a bit less work that needs to be done. The body work on both looks pretty decent.

the civics look cool, or make your jetta fasterer

nah they're just cheap as hell, and ive heard they're easy to fix

What's wrong with the Je- oh, Volkswagen.

its auto and i want manual, has a shit ton of problems, it needs cv axles, suspension, brakes, ac work, spare wheel, oil change, new door interior, and transmission is fucking up.

>Volkswagen

Sounds like a mk4 lol

ive been into VW's my whole life, ive been around them since i was a kid, never owned one until this jetta, i still like the old beetle and the van, first car i drove was a beetle when i was 9. i want to go down to mexico and buy me one for cheap, just make an offer on a good looking one at a red light.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/5659631331.html

I think spoder lives around that area.

he's all the way in Lake Jackson

Let's rev up at the beginning of the next meet as a tribute to our lord Scotty Kilmer
1141 W Bell St, Houston, TX 77019

I want to make intercourse with my new intercooler holy shit

Looks great for 60 bucks lmao spearco and greddy BTFO

oh yeah

>muh bar and plate technology

what do you think about treadstone intercoolers?

Which one is his? I see buildings marked 1137, 1138, 1140, but not 1141.

>Jeff Gurdon

We've got an Iowafag lurking /hou/?

Yo niggas, last call for pitching in on the SC, we've got at least 3 takers, anyone else? We probably rolling out tomorrow.

Oops. Got confused. It's been a long day.

I'm not too far from league city but my car isn't the most comfy.

youre about 15 minutes from my house

the design has implemented features you wont find in Chinese intercoolers like vanes to direct air in the case of taller intercoolers, and higher quality looking welds, a branded name plate attached. if I was shooting for pioneer levels of suercharged 1uzfe horsepower, then I would definitely go with a brand name intercooler. but treadstone sells an intercooler similar to mine for 250. is the extra 190 worth it? I don't think so because it's not 190 more worth of intercooler, but with the larger ones the value and engineering you pay for is definitely there. its not just a big version of their small model.

Meh, comfy or not it's fine with me. I can't complain about a free ride and the chance to meet you guys.

Sweet

Anyways, goodnight /hou/

Sleep tight, pupper.

they're

WHAT

txdot.gov/inside-txdot/media-center/local-news/houston/024-2016.html

rip

45 has always been the congested asshole of houston

Oh fuck me that's going to make the I-10 entrance ramp even fucking worse. It's probably going to regularly back up to Studemont now.

That said, that part of I-45 is a massive clusterfuck. I've seen how bad Houston Avenue is backed up during rush hour from people trying to get on 45.

You mean taking a four lane highway and splitting off half the lanes when most of the traffic is continuing through isn't a good idea?

Reminder:

/hou/ strong
/hou/ family

Thought I'd make an instagram account, if you want to see pictures on the go without using dropbox or save them to your device.

instagram.com/hwatracing/

Name is hwatracing but I couldn't think of anything so I'm listening to suggestions.

Also, for those who are on Steam and like to vidya, join us:

steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Just joined crookey360

Phase one cleaning for Coffee and Cars: done.

!!!
I'd be down, but I know the family isn't about to drive me down to Collegestation
Followed

What color shirt, guys? I'm think black will be nice, but I'm not to sure. Any other color, or is that fine?

Black is the only real color.

Looks great m8
Gonna clean the SC today, hopefully.

Thanks! I still have some work to do, and the engine bay needs a good polish. We'll see how it all turns out.

whats up today gentlemen?

the s2k i was looking at is gone

bout to eat breakfast and then go check out one in webster/clear lake i think. then there is another in pasadena

who else /workingandpooping/

Working but not pooping

Someone, post the pictures for the routes, please.

The three of us are headed to Webster right now. Zello?

yeah ill jump on there
i think i have it muted cuz my strange sleep schedule

yall just looking for routes and runs?
whos all going?

They're going to check out that SC400, bro.

oh alright
well im about to leave my house and im on the other side of town so it will take me like an hour to get there

and im zello so ill chirp yall when i get close

also why are there only like 5 people on there?

So the track works, but its very very very bumpy, like more bumpy than it should be. Anyways, its gonna be a long project, so well cross all these bridges as they comes. There seems to be some inaccuracies in the topology data, or maybe its because I didnt camber the track, but it doesnt seem correct yet.

It is driveable and working though.

post pics of the shitbox400

Just found it.

youtu.be/QS9B_YaxT5w

Look at it, just sitting there waiting for you guys. So majestic.

Dracula, you still down for the Galaxie? He's gotten a lot of offers, I'm checking it out now. Main things seem to be rust and the rear passenger tire needs replacing.

Yeah; post pics.

Forgot to take pics, my bad. But he got it running and drove it a bit. Documents are clear, plates/tags until 2018. Battery seems low on a charge so it may need to be replaced, but everything looks workable. He said he could have the tire replaced for $30. I told him I'd give him an answer within a week.

I'm down if anyone else wants to pitch in, so long as I can drive it back without it dying.

Anyone planning on doing anything tonight?

Let's see how I stand against the Supras tomorrow.
//
//
Also to everyone, I'll be taking a lot of photos tomorrow and since I'm doing that I might as well take a mini photoshoot of some of the /hou/ cars. So if you want that then showup tomorrow morning at 7:00am at Memorial City Mall for the Coffee & Cars meet.

>having people pitch in on a fucking $500 car
top lel poorfags

Damn, just space out the wheels and it's look the tits

>just got back from Galveston
>feeling really drained because lolnoac and lolnoclouds
>/hou/ photoshoot at MCM at 0700 tomorrow

I still need to clean the damn car

kill me

any specific area we're meeting at?

gonna keep it stock because poorfag

well you better get on it big boy

whoever shows up first try to get a nice area, I will probably park right on the opposite of cinemark since that's where the Supra crowd was before.

Anyone want there name on the back of the shirt?

ᴵ ˢᵗᶦᶫᶫ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵒᵘᵗᵉ ᵖᶦᶜᵗᵘʳᵉˢ⋅

I'll be there, hopefully around 6:45. Where exactly do you want to meet? In the show area, or just together somewhere else?

I'll be showing up but probably much later at like 8a.m. sorry man

If we can arrange a crew and a place to put it, let's get it tomorrow afternoon.

Yea we'll meet up in the show area, we wanna represent /hou/. Hit up on Zello before leaving.

Here, m8.

I might not be able to make it anyways, based on how tonight might go.

Ah that sucks m8, well in any case I hope it goes well and you show up.

Thanks, bb. (Can you give me the names as well?)
Now, I just need to more routes.

>names on the back of the shirt

eh, I don't think we should do that. /hou/ is /hou/, we don't need to wear a memberlist on our back.

Especially since members can drop off the face of the Earth without a word and new people are joining every practically every thread.

Not to mention the fact that nobody here actually goes by their name.

Everyone is referred to by their car aside from Dracula and the user formerly known as Ded-Civic user.

True
i was going to put the names under "crazy cunts" Probably best if I don't.

I have to drive to New Orleans tomorrow

I'm happy to drive, I'm not happy for 7 hours of boredom.

Wat do

audiobooks m8

bring a gun

We need a third person who's willing to carpool, in the event we get it, each car has a driver.

I might have someone, but I don't know. What time tomorrow? Some time before 5:00 PM.

Though the question of storage is valid.

Ahem!

Scratch that on my potential backup. Anyone you may know? Any volunteers in the audience?