How do I learn to drive manual. I have no need to I just want to

How do I learn to drive manual. I have no need to I just want to

1. ask someone who does know to help you learn
2. buy a shitty car you don't car about abusing to learn
3. look for a class

None of these are options

yahoo answers then?

It's really easy to drive.

Find someone who has a manual car/get a manual rental car, have friend drive you to parking lot, get in drivers seat, stall a lot, and eventually learn

>be american
>can't drive stick
>go to yurop
>all the rentals are manual
>here's the keys

and that's how I learned

Not an option

I learned in a parking lot in my first car. Have someone with you that knows what they are doing and patient. Don't be overzealous when learning because you can get to 2nd. Once you have shifting down a bit find a parking lot or light traffic road to practice hill starts. It's not very hard to learn but it takes experience to be good at in all driving conditions.
Don't downshift while learning to stop.
Don't hold down the clutch any longer than it takes to put it in gear.
Don't put the car in first when parked until you are used to driving stick unless on a hill, get in the habit of always looking and feeling the shifter when you get in the car to check so you don't start in gear.

a bit of an asshole move, but go test drive cars.

Only way to learn is from underpowered shitbox family sedan. In that way the clutch is soft, the gas pedal is easy to control, the rpm can rev up high without too much pulling and moving
>pro tip: stimulation don't work
I almost destroyed the car when I tried to drive manual on first day. I thought I'd be fine irl after playing many racing games with pedals.

How do you plan on learning without having a manual or access to one? This isn't something you learn by reading. Do what is posted above if you want to learn, otherwise buy an auto.

>Put clutch in
>Turn on
>Use shifter
>Select gear
>Let off clutch/press gas nsync
>You now drive manual now u get pussy
>Stop being fag learn manual today

>I almost destroyed the car when I tried to drive manual on first day. I thought I'd be fine irl after playing many racing games with pedals.
oddly enough, that exact method worked fine for me.

Fuck off

I can't do that. I have nobody to teach or help me

Take the bus then steering holders like you aren't needed

what car do you plan on getting once you learn? it might be a decent enough car to learn on itself.

I learned in my 88 Nissan sentry shitbox and the clutch never had to be replaced and ran great till some Asian chick totalled it from behind. I can imagine newer cars may not be as robust though

do you know someone with a tractor?
maybe a minibike?

Buy a running manual car for less than 1000 dollars, doesn't exactly need to run long.
Go to empty parking lot or quiet neighborhood with little traffic.
Start on various grades or hills up and down, get it going, get comfortable shifting to second, come to a stop. Do this over and over and over until you feel comfortable without rolling backwards facing uphill (if someone is behind you while practicing just dump the clutch, better to fry the tires than hit someone).
Getting the car going is the hard part. If you can do that get comfy shifting up and down as you drive and beat the fuck out of the car until it dies or enjoy driving manual.
Best money:learning ratio.

>Fuck off
Then don't drive one unless you want to buy a shitbox manual and watch videos and practice clutch grab while on flat ground at your house. I'm not being a jackass but if you don't have those things then you have this option or ask around, I'm sure one of your friends parents knows how to drive stick and will help out if you have the car.

get an xbox or something, pick up a driving sim and wheels and pedals

No way to get feed back on that first gear sweet point and gas pedal control. Not to mention I thought shiftting at 6500 rpm at every gear is a good idea

No game for the xbox or playstation has a realistic clutch. None.

Veeky Forums people are such nice betas. This kind of little underage shit usually get ignored on every other board
Fuck you
Fuck your thread
And fuck you again
I hope you never ever get to learn to drive manual and you catch cancer the first time you hop in one

>Not to mention I thought shiftting at 6500 rpm at every gear is a good idea
ah, see forza punished me for that right before I got my first manual car.

No
Seriously ?
An ek civic? E90 corolla?
Mazda 323?
Not an option
Nope. Nobody and nothing.
>implying I'm a teen

Th-thanks

The issue would be getting there, I'm guessing if OP doesn't have a parking lot close and apparently no one that they know drives or has driven one then this wouldn't be safely feasable

I'm OP, only post I made was the OP that other fag is not me stop being rude

ek should be good to learn with, good chance the corolla as well. just start learning on flat ground and master getting going from a complete stop.

>play forza
>set the difficulty to manual w/ clutch
>buy 1k or cheaper manual beater from cl
there you go, no need to thank me

What about project cars?

Nope to what? Like I said just buy a shitbox, watch training videos on YT, and practice at home or on your street. That's going to be it. There's no magical advice here.

I mean I have no hills to learn on for at least 5 hours driving.
I really want the corolla more than anything but it's a 1988 so I don't know.

also turn damage to full

I can't

I bought a manual car and just learned how. I watched a bunch of videos on the theory behind it and I was able to get it home, albeit haphazardly. Then I made myself drive it. Spent a lot of time in nearby parking lots and neighborhood roads before I took it anywhere except to work and back.

if it's all flat, you don't need to learn hills for a while. just learn how to get moving from a stop when under stress (light turns green and faggot honks behind you)

p-car stimulates some 0-1st gear clutch movement. But it doesn't have strong feedback and road cars are few. Still a good game worth purchasing tho

I practiced a lot of heel-toe in p-cars but never tried in real life. My car has small room and I'm 6'2

Im in the same boat OP. Except I have ~13k to spend on an extra car. Im thinking of buying an E46 M3 with the clutch on the way out and learning the dirty way. Then selling it off to a ricer fag who doesnt do a PPI.

I learned with g27 and live for speed.

Then I got my license.

>experienced stick driver
>takes more than auto to start up because why hurry
>teen girl behind literately 0.5mm from bumper
>honks when car in front of me didn't even start moving
>blood boils
I fuckihg hate women driver they don't know manual car exist in this world. And they'd semi floor the gas pedal once light changes green.

I had a 1988 corolla once, it was a gts with the 4age FWD. fun as hell my first car and I learned manual driving from San Antonio to Austin no other choice but to drive it home. Only thing i regret about it was not having the money to get her started again when I moved a year and a half ago and didn't have the room for a broken car.. it sat for 4 months before having to give her up.

Then what are you asking? You have no means, no car, and no way to learn. You aren't going to learn by anons posting. This thread is shit, save up and buy a car or just drive auto. Manual isn't learned by reading

Not an option

But I do?
So it's a pure project car?

I knew it was too good to be true in my shit life

I think he's afraid to break his first manual car during learning. OP, it's ok. you're looking at some easy to work on cars with cheap parts.

depends, I bought mine from Mexicans that I know used to beat on it. If I wasn't in such a financial downturn at that time I would have fixed it I'm sure it cost no more than $200 to diagnose and fix but the timing wasn't right I had bills to pay and another car available to use. I regret it user 3 months after having to part ways I had extra cash on hand I know could've got her running again. A corolla is a good car and as long as you don't have some braindead cholos racing it on the weekends or something gay it will last forever.

Mind you, I bought the 88 corolla for $750

seriously, fuck takumi

Be reborn to a poor southern family.

Your first car will be an old ass truck with manual.

its 2 fucking grand.

But it's not the Takumi car.
No running car is worth less than 1500 here

or the tractor on your farmland.

Exactly, why is this queer bitching about 2 grand. Quit being a fucking poorfag and buy a running and driving shitbox or get off the board.

no, but the effect adds to it. old Toyota with popups. plus they are getting beat up more than similarly aged cars now

user I sincerely doubt that these people know about some bullshit anime that much

maybe I know too many Mexican weeaboos...

Where is this? Get the black one I wish mine had running AC. AE111 brake caliper bracket and bigger rotors fit on the back fyi

yeah the black one looks promising
when I texted him he sent me a video of him making a 2 hour drive

Nice! If you get it I hope you love it as much as I did.

But what if it's a lemon!

>AE92
>good
fuck off lads
its a shitbox
FWD and somehow heavier than the 86 before it
fuck off

>I thought I'd be fine irl after playing many racing games with pedals.

holy shit you're dumb as fuck

funnily enough the clutch will probably go and the car probably wouldn't have been totaled

>Buy a car with a manual trans
Drive it till you know whats up
>Seek help from youtube tutorials, they sum up the whole process pretty well.
>learn to rev match for dat dere eurobeat feel, heel toe if your car lets you.

I got a manual mustang 2 months ago and my father helped me with the basics.
I got better over time, from stalling 20 times a day to non at all, and it feels good.

>my father helped-

Fuck
Off.

Eat shit then, hope you never learn how to drive a manual.

Yes it is a fwd shitbox. I never said it wasn't but it was fun, sounded beautiful, had the aesthetics I dig, comfy. The lumbar support in the seat felt nice, transmission was nicer than any American car I've driven even new ones, in the end all that matters is if you like it, enjoy it. Fuck you for being a dick go catch your bus.

>its a shitbox because its fwd
10/10

That's not what he said, stop trying to trigger yourself. Fucking FFcucks I swear.
(FF at best is just a cheap package for economy cars, though)

How do you not have a community college nearby that doesn't offer courses? How is taking classes not an option?

I do have a bias for rwd vehicles, and I have pushed the ae92 to understeer so I can judge what it can handle and what to expect. Most would say its a shitbox it doesn't make big power, it doesn't turn in like an ae86 or miata, it doesn't feel very stable or solid at high speed (100+mph)..actually it feels quite the opposite at those speeds like you're floating... it's not a masterpiece. On the flip side the ae92 is a great car for its price, I loved it and would get another one if I could for a decent price.

FWD is fine stop.

Then you won't be able to learn, faggot

YOU PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT IN
YOU PUT YOUR RIGHT FOOT IN
YOU TAKE YOUR LEFT FOOT OUT
AND YOU HOON IT ALL ABOUT

>How do I learn to drive manual. I have no need to I just want to
>I almost destroyed the car when I tried to drive manual on first day

Read this thread:

Remember to delete the Clutch delay valve, it makes the clutch wonky.

Then it wasn't a simulation you used. It was an arcade game friendo.

I spend my life on racing games, simulations if possible. Could drive shift when i was 14.