The year is 1972 and you're a young man with a decent middle class job and a knack for automobiles

The year is 1972 and you're a young man with a decent middle class job and a knack for automobiles.

What do you buy as a weekend fun car to impress those around you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jB1VJkUFoOo
youtube.com/watch?v=o_FSicQWimU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aside from the obvious choice of buying shelby mustangs and sticking them in a warehouse to sell to boomers later on, I'd probably buy a new, 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass off the lot with a 4 speed.

I would wait a year and buy
A white dogde challenger

1972 Monte Carlo 454 4 Speed.

Thanks everyone. You can now stop replying to this thread. All I wanted was two answers. I'm happy.

Bye.

Bye

i would buy a bugatti replica

Stop. Threads done

I'd buy a basemodel slant 6 Dart so I can sell it to a retarded boomer 50 years later who thinks anything pre-85 is automatically a muscle car

Stop

goodbye op

Or a brand new 2.5L Chevy Nova so I can sell it to some retarded kid 50 years later where he cant tell the difference between an i4 and V8 and he thinks that the Nova was the fastest muscle car ever and that he's gonna smoke all those TT Supras

I wait a couple years for Honda to release the Honda Prelude, then buy that with the 5 speed

A nice muscle sedan
In wild violet

How come nobody buys like a model a Ford.

XA Falcon GT.

Fuck the coppers, and the Dept. of Transport, and the young Tracy Grimshaw who undoubtedly started having nightmares about dangerous V8 assault engines after the Supercar scare of '72.

all i know is I'd have these slacks on!

maybe this.

Is this in America? If not, buy some fancy pantcy petro go go contraption.
If you are part of the first world, buy a Mopar.

I'd put my order in for a carrera rs

> Not buying a HQ Monaro GTS...

Hemi cuda automatic with shaker hood and sit it in a warehouse in the desert after dunking it in cosmoline and then sell it in 2016 for 1.2 million dollars

There's more to preserving a car than just letting it sit there.

Pretty much the same thing I'd buy today... a bitching hot rod

youtu.be/jB1VJkUFoOo

>actually suggesting a marketing exercise in wank compared to a performance focused homologation model
The HQs were shithouse. Standard 308 with "Monaro GTS" badges and some flashy stripes to suggest performance levels that weren't there. The GT Falcons were still built to go racing.

Fun fact, the HQ "Monaro" wasn't actually officially called a Monaro, even though it had a Monaro badge on the fender.

69 GTO with the 389 3 2 barrel carbs 4 speed manual and a 4.11 ratio

GSX

Clearly you don't know what you've got, sonny.

BMW 3.0 CSL

Might be sacrilege, but I'm not sure if I'd put the wing on desu.

A MK1 GT40. You could import one from Europe for about $15,000 back then.

Those were Right-Hand-Drive, Left-Hand-Shift right? Funny stuff.

I sure woudlnt by some muscle shit if I wanted to impress people

those were for kids wanting stop light fun not anyhting a real driver would want

Whenever I think of Porshe, I always picture a 50-60 year old man who spent his savings on a dream car that no one under the age of 30 gives a shit about. That and a Corvette.
Get a fun car, not some dinky track car; go muscle.

Get me a 69 Trans Am with the super duper Ram Air V.

If i had a heap of money I'd get a Miura but we're talking middle-class so...

Porsche is more fun

just most are too talentless to use it

muscle is for the lowest common denominator type of person

>This

Get something different than your typical Stang or F-Body. How bout a 401 powered AMC Javelin

>talentless
I'm sure a racecar driver like yourself would impress everyone if they were to go to the track and watch you.
For an everyday person who wants to get more for their dollar, muscle is objectivly better.

I bet you piss your breeches and clutch your boyfriend's hand when a Valiant Charger rolls up next to you at the lights.

except you dont get shit with a muscle except an engine

muscle is just for idiots and kids who are too shitty to drive for shit and have to resort to stomping the gas

youtube.com/watch?v=o_FSicQWimU

2016 M4

>qt mini muscle styling
>carbed dorito goodness

Fuck you millennial I know what I got

Fuck off m8 they didn't build time machines till 1981.

yes they did

tell me where i can buy that suit. and ill give you my answer

My dad bought a new Datsun 1200 around that time I believe

He had it stock for a couple years then swapped in a 1.8L motor from a Datsun truck. He still has it, amazingly, that thing goes like crazy and handles great even with a solid rear axle and leaf springs just because the whole thing weighs like 1600lbs.

I'm too lazy to find a pic of his car but here's a similar year

Samefag

American cars are out of question, i would love something that is able to turn

My nigger. The Javelin is the forgotten and underrated muscle car.

oh please, Most small black pony cars handled just fine for the era they were built. The big block cars tended to be the ones that didn't. All this crap about American cars not turning is just that, crap. Most driver's wouldn't have the skill to competitively drive a mustang, camaro, or charger. And they certainly then wouldn't have the skill to competitively drive an import.

IDK about you guys but I'd start looking in caves in the Hill Valley area. A circa 1882 DeLorean with Dr. Emmett Brown mods would be sure to impress anyone in 1972.

Shifter is always in the middle m8...

'72 Firebird Formula 400

Buy a used 1970 Plymouth Superbird in Plum Crazy. Hemi dual quad with he Super Track pack for them 4.11s.

>Those double vents

>Cars are investments
Why don't schools teach math? Do you have the slightest clue idea what 4,500 in 1972 dollars would do in mutual funds over 60 years?

>2016-1972
Dammit. Help me Dave Ramsey.

lmao, shifter is always in the middle

I thought the shifter was on top of the doorsill/gas tank?