Alicesoft/Rance General #535
Last thread: Sudden Death Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI (ENG) - Winter, possibly 2016. High resolution, decensored $35 bundle from Mangagamer

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4677516.html
cloudconvert.com/gif-to-webm
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4401161.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry about last thread. I was feeling pretty sick and went to sleep at my usual bumping time.

Wow, you guys took your time today. First for best slave.

Wrong pic.

I don't know about you guys, but I actually did not mind waiting for Rance VI to get an official release. I'm super psyched for when it comes out on mangagamer.

I had already given up hope, so technically it didn't even count as waiting anymore.

I have more hope than ever now.

blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4677516.html
The third game of the beat series is currently in the middle of Alicesoft in house checking (no idea at which point that is from the process). It will be more like Haruka than Escalayer R. And have the usual of the series "Have sex for the sake of winning, and also get sex if you lose"

Legitimately looking forward to it

They did magical girls, magical ninjas, what's next? Robo-girls?

I am curious though, Haruka was the fappiest nukige of it's time, would this third Beat game succeed it at this title?

How did Daibanchou get voice acting and the majority of rance games that came after it get none. I dont get it.

They just didn't want to.

Well that was on the cards since the start of 2015

No X this year then

Weird looking Feliss

Because Rance games started with no voice-acting, didn't have voice-acting for so long that the team just decided not to add them in because everyone have their own version of how the characters sound like by that point.

Then 03 came along and they were like "Screw that idea, it's just a remake.".

It's not just Daibanchou. Every game from a certain point were voiced. The Rance series was Alicesoft exception.

>とは言え、正式な発表はまだまだまだまだ先なのでのんびりとお待ちをー(・ω・)ノ
Beat something something 3 probably isn't this year either.

Actually it went like this:

The remake team wanted to add voices. The 01 anime came and people had positive reactions to the voices, which helped the remake team to convince to add voices.

So next weekend (we'll make it the 10th of September) is Draw a Zeth day.

We'll make it a regular member of Zeth who is associated with the country in game so Gandhi/Magic/Generals/Four Lords, Uzra, Rizna, Emi etc.
Rance has a fuck load of characters and is older and still sold without it out.

It was the younger guys who convinced TADA plus they wanted to start getting fans back to Alicesoft.
And once the OVA was there a major objection was gone.

X still will be too big for it.

It was never the delay which got people down.

Beat Blades Replica

just posting best man

barres is such a bro. loved him in III and kichikuou

Has a hot daughter as well.

Pity Rance won't make Barres some grandkids in canon

Robo girls would be great. Maybe ninja girls again since it's more like Haruka. Or monster girls since they're the in-thing right now.

Ex and Hauren might appear in Rance X...

Hauren won't. At least beyond a cameo.

The whole referencing her in 01 and 03 seems like a "she still exists but won't appear" thing

What happens to a Demon King after they die? Soul Cleansing too?

I meant a Demon King's soul there. I know they become a pool of blood.

Not sure.

I'm still hoping for a boss rush in X

More like Haruka might be more mechanics-wise. There's also mecha musume like how some of the Blade Briders were.

We don't know.

I just had a thought, if the current Demon King is killed and someone else becomes the Demon King, then Wenlina revives the previous Demon King, I wonder if the one who died would be normal or there'd be two DKs at the same time.

>X still will be too big for it.
Is this confirmed?

>Cries to myself

We'll never get Atlach-Nacha localized. No spider demon lesbian rapist for us....

Yes. TADA said that they could at most use system voices like battles and such.

Yes and its logical as well. Voices cost too much

anyone want to make webms of kichikuou rance events?

I believed they confirmed no 3D as well, or maybe just Rance IX level of 3D.

If Mangagamer wants to get into the Android market, they could localize that. Extremely unlikely, but still.
Also, it's sorta qualifies as yuri. About as yuri as Medusa, but eh.

It's 2D, yeah. Apparently making 3D models for the sheer number of characters that'll be on X is too much for Alicesoft, understandably.

If you want to go ahread

Sprites are better anyway

never gets old

I fucking love this scene, this is when I knew kichikuou rance was going to be great.

>Not at the fantastically animated OP

What is your dream game in the Alicesoft universe?

Personally I'd like an action game where you play as the Hero during the RedEye Dark, and the final mission is Operation Bomb the Maazel Line.

I still think the jumping portraits were charming as shit.

What was the name of the artist who did Toushin Toshi 3 again? He did the Gal Monsters in Rance VI as well, he has a very distinct style.

MIN-NARAKEN

Probably Min-Naraken. He did Blade Briders as well, so if it matches, he's probably the one.

Ah yeah, I knew it started with an M. Thanks.

He did the art for Oyako Rankan too, as well as Evenicle's galmonsters.
Also draws some cool giant robots.

best scene in the game honestly, though there's tons of good ones. The part where he cures that one green people village and the introduction of Gengorou were amazing moments for me as well.

I want a rape baby with Pastel

Caesar is best girl

Just use cloudconvert.com/gif-to-webm to convert gifs to webm.

Here's the speech in webm format

Was it nameshit or lack of nameshit that killed the thread?

silly user, don't you know that nameshit is guaranteed replies?

Is it fine to just fire Kanami in SR, or are there some events I should get with her before kicking her to the curb

you know what to do

But does it kill the threads afterwards is the question.

nameshit might get replies but they shit up the place so bad. I can't count how many generals I've just stopped going to because of meta drama

Sex scenes and then battle permit

To some degree, but I think the biggest problem is just that we don't have anything to talk about (at least, without going into spoilers) until 5D and VI release.

Not that guy.

I loved the prologue sequence. It really got me pumped up. Got me expecting this to be a good game and all.
But it was his speech that sealed the deal.

Well, he could get his adopted daughter pregnant,it would count as his grandchildren.

We are in September now. It's been two years since X was announced on that blogpost and we still have nothing. Is TADA alive?

Clearly dead

TADA words were "at this point in the project, we aren't planning to have the ADV parts of X voiced. I'm thinking about having voices for the gameplay parts though". From a post on 05/28/2015.

blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4401161.html

You'd think something would be released by now, if they actually released stuff we might have something to talk about.

or just wait for some user to come up with a topic to talk about

Is AS aware of the existence of this rapeclub of ours?

Why would they be aware of us? They never cared all that much about whatever western fabase exists.

Rance backs off from demanding sex as his quest reward??

Doesn't he a second latter admits that he's going to use the gratitude from saving the town to coerce Cith into sex or she would throw herself at him due to said gratitude?

Yeah you remember it exactly.

ludooo

Ssulal will rise again and coat the continent in her reign of vague mediocrity.

Kai patch?

This

No, it's secret.

Bet it was Planner. Seems like the kinda thing he would do.

Give Milly Level 4 luck?

In so much they were aware of the fan translations.

If Kamilla or Maris have routes in X or Maris is actually the evil Goddess MALICE then yes

>evil Goddess MALICE

Why does she get such an evil rep anyway?

Kichikuou Rance

Stops you attacking the demons

The meme came from KR where she doesn't allow you to attack the Monster Realm until Kayblis wins the war. While it might happen while you were conquering other nations, it becomes especially egregious when she didn't allow you after you conquered everything else.

It then looked like she was delaying you from interfering with Kayblis, and thus Apostle MALICE was born. Goddess MALICE was just an inflation from that.

Does the +100 damage from equipping Ryuuguu Sword Urashimaru effect AOE attacks like Diviners?

Plus the whole Alice in japanese is Arisu and Maris in Japanese is Marisu and there is a Goddess ALICE and MALICE is just a perfect sort of name

And Marisu is also exacly how the Japanese write malice. It wouldn't be surprising if that's why they chose her name back on Rance I, considering on that game she is passing as an friend and ally but is actually an enemy.

He's a blood soul right now. They just have to find a cute glasses girl to stick him into.

Well yeah Marisu is exactly how they write Malice.

Doubt that is why she got her name

I imagine it would, only one way to find out.

I'll get Chapter 7 of the Rance IX pastebin up tomorrow

Great news. Thanks user.

If you pick the Houjou Family bonus, does that mean that the oil field dungeon is unlocked straight away to get Sounn? I notice that he's not one of the people you get straight away according to the wiki

She's the one that killed Rune, right? Is it probable that her role in 04 is going to get expanded in light of this? Was it mentioned in the original IV?

Partial voice is the best option anyway. It gives people enough of an impression to have an idea what the characters sound like while still leaving the delivery of most scenes to the player's imagination. See: Planescape: Torment