Total all time Gain/Loss: +.23%

>total all time Gain/Loss: +.23%

When did you realize that investing in mutual funds was a fucking meme?

Wait 40 years and it should go upto 2.3%

Pick better funds, faggot.

Investing in the stock market at all is a meme

>normies pick funds tracking the EXACT SAME index as me and make more somehow
>they are probably non virgins too

Why is this allowed?

shouldve listened to me whenever i make the Canadian weed stock threads

heres the stock i have:

THC- bought in at $0.27 a share, now its $0.77 share

APH- bought in at $1.96, now its $3.43

Jesus, kid, get a grip. It's pretty obvious that (a) you have no fucking clue how to calculate your own total return, let alone your ROI, and (b) you've been invested for less than six months and you probably check your index results 4 times a day.

Not to mention, not one here gives a shit about how you invest you $300 in lawn-mowing money anyway.

Veeky Forums is an 18+ site. Fuck off and go cry to mommy.

>you have no fucking clue how to calculate your own total return

I don't have to, the broker site does it for me.

>you've been invested for less than six months and you probably check your index results 4 times a day.

try 2 years. You'd think I'd at least have beat inflation in that time.

>try 2 years.
The S&P 500 is up 11.4% over the last 2 years. If you're not beating inflation, then you're either (a) a roleplaying, lying attention whore, or (b) fucking clueless about your performance.

I'm going with (a).

If I had invested in a lump sum exactly in October 2014 exclusively in the S&P 500 you'd have some idea of what you're talking about.

Ah god damn THC... I chickened out at .40, and a had a decent amount too.

Any thoughts on Emblem corp. this week?

So, what you're saying is that you tried to time the markets with your purchases (in an index fund, giggle) and fucked up.

Stop doing that, moron.

Also, stop whining about the short-term results of a long-term strategy. It just makes you sound like a petulant child.

>So, what you're saying is that you tried to time the markets with your purchases (in an index fund, giggle) and fucked up.

No, I invest when I get my paycheck asshole.

why settle for 10-20% gains in the market when I can get 100% or more with my business.

If you DCA'd over the last two years there's zero chance your performance is 1/10th of the index average over that period. So we're back to the two options I listed in .

So which is it: liar or clueless?

If I had invested exclusively in my SP500 fund my gains would still only be 2.6%. Go measure e-dicks with someone else.

So what'd you invest in that underperformed? Because this is now sounding like a case a poor asset allocation.

Don't start a shit thread bitching about mutual funds and not be surprised when we point out that you're the problem, not the investment.

>If I had invested exclusively in my SP500 fund my gains would still only be 2.6%
Also, this is mathematically impossible unless you intentionally invest at market low points instead of periodically as you claim.

Go fuck yourself, attention whore.

ITT ihaz spits hot fire on NEETS larping Wolf on Wallstreet

I forgot I made like 3% on another account for a few months before I sold it all and put it into a Roth. So 5.6% over roughly 2 years if I had not put money into a shitty foreign large blend index fund. That's decent enough but not great.

You still come across as a bitter homosexual tho with odd paranoid delusions. Why the fuck would anyone waste time pretending to have lost money investing...

I love memes. They've earned me some good money this year.

I'm also learning to trade stocks, options and futures. The profits I earn from fairly low risk investments I'm going to reinvest in even higher risk investments, never allowing the majority of my capital to be at too much risk.

I quite often earn more from my investments than I do compared to my income. Feels fucking great when that happens. Literally earning more when I'm either asleep or sitting on my ass than when working.

I just need to secure more sources of revenue from working or investing. I don't want to be dependent on too few things.

URRE??

>So 5.6% over roughly 2 years
5.6% is exactly what you'd expect for someone who made even periodic investments over the last two years. You do realize that every time you make a new purchase, you lower your real rate of return, right? Money has a time value.

I said it earlier, but unless you're looking at your ROI, then fuck off. And since you probably don't understand how to calculate a ROI or how to compare it to alternatives, you're at an impasse.

>Why the fuck would anyone waste time pretending to have lost money investing

People make shitposts all the time. Primarily they're looking for attention. Congrats ... you accomplished your goal. Here's your last (You) from me.

>You do realize that every time you make a new purchase, you lower your real rate of return, right?

What did he mean by this?

What should I invest in? (if I had any money to invest)

>You do realize that every time you make a new purchase, you lower your real rate of return, right? Money has a time value.
Pure unadulterated autism
Did you hear some things in your finance 101 class and thought you could do us a favor by imparting what you obviously don't grasp?

Buy 100 shares @ $1/share. Stock doubles in price, now worth $200 dollars. Simple rate of return = 100% (200-100/100) (value-basis/basis).

Buy 100 more shares at current price ($2/share). Immediately after purchase, you're rate of return drops to 33% (400-300/300).

Another example: Stock A doubles in price over 20 years -- rate of return = 100%. Stock B goes up 40% in one year -- rate of return = 40%. Guess which stock I'd rather own?

This is why rate of return is misleading unless you're making an apple-to-apples comparison, standardize it by time, and unless you account for inflows and outflows.

This is why ROI is a superior metric because it accounts for both how much you gained/lost and when you invested it.

This is why you will always be a poorfag: because I have to explain simple concepts to you when Google would have sufficed.

Wow dude, you've got some stamina.
I would have stopped posting after your second reply.

Tip on how to filter Veeky Forums trolls:
> ignore frog posters

>tfw up 23% this year

Gotta risk the systematic risk to get get the dollars nigga

>23%
Not very impressive, to be honest. Midcap and smallcap index funds are up almost 16% this yeas. An energy index fund is up almost 20%. Hell, grandpa's long-term bond index fund is up 15% this year. And if (big if, but who knows) the markets shits the bed tomorrow, all of these index funds will have waaaaaaaay less downside than whatever you gambled on.

So unless you can show us that you made these few extra basis points without adding risk, all you did was leverage a bull market. Easy to do, right up until it bites you in the ass.

Come back when you have have something actually impressive to brag about. Or don't.

>Not very impressive you have only beaten all the index funds ive listed

Nothing personal kiddo

Maybe English isn't your first language, but I pretty clearly explained that adding leverage to your asset allocation isn't the same as investing skill. Anyone can gamble. 95% of your outcome is correlated to the markets anyway.

Not to mention, any intelligent investor knows you can't compare some speculators results with an index fund without applying a risk-adjusted
return calculation.

This probably went over your head. I'll make this simple for you: do you think someone who correctly guesses a coin toss is skilled?

this is why you should trade memecoins and stocks. 10% a day easy.. if you know what youre doing

>I'll make this simple for you: do you think someone who correctly guesses a coin toss is skilled?

Are you high? Maybe your flawed logic is the reason why you get a shitty ROI

Ah, I see you don't read English after all. See, I never stated my ROI anywhere in the thread.

Keep on trying kid. You'll need better English skills if you ever want a good job, like waiter, hotel clerk, or security guard.

>Projecting

Thats not jobs I would want with my superior investing skills.. Over the last 6 years I have an average ROI of 36% a year.. Without counting money ive spend on vacations, living abroad etc. We cant all be gurus but dont be afraid to try investing without the safety of index funds

>mutual fund makes 2%
>fund's fee is 2%
>end up with 0%

oh well at least the fund's managers got paid