[ D a i l y B a i k u T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Honda & KTM best baikus in world edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
→ → →

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSPcsPDST0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WgBTghut5m4
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzY3VEy-TGy3ZERDS3VLd0lYR1E
ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-R25-R3-2016-MT03-CARBON-FIBER-Front-Fender-/371474476266
tankgirls.co.za/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for yamaha a best

Honda best in world

At least use different OP images now and then

>when you see someone owning/tolerating honduh

Same cunt from before
>Tried showing some DTs and TWs to the would-be recipient, but as i imagined preffered roadbikes.... So
Any old 125 project bike?

Hey dbt, going to look at a suzuki T-500 2 stroke, 2 cylinder soon. I used to own a similar year GT-750 but blew the engine on it, always wanted another smoker. You guys think it will make a reliable enough daily rider?

remember to report for breaking GR 3, 6 and 10

cannot into mapping because mac, and not app compatible ;_;

oh what's up turret, still got the DRZ? Or did you fully go to fz8

Virtual machine?

full MT-07 wanna sell because MT-07 tenere

>that tenere
damn
MT-07, my bad.

RIP DRZ

someone post the info on webm for retards pls,
settings and tips etc

Is there a release date for that thing yet?
My penis wants it.

nope.

Use wine

Should my chain be completely dry before I lube it? I just washed it down as per the instructions of the cleaner with water.

honda a shit

How do chains work? Is there a standard type that most bikes use? I need to replace the master link, as well as get a spare or two for when I'm off-road, but I'm not sure what to actually get.

Look in the manual for what size your chain is and order the same size, and type (o ring, x ring, whatever). Spares should usually be clip type so you can put it back on when you're innawoods.

>Cleaning your chain with water
Don't do that. Get some chain cleaner or use Kerosene, brush it on and brush all the gunk off, wipe excess off with paper towel or rag, let the cleaner dry then apply chain wax

Can someone redpill me on this style of bike?
Maybe the advantages and disadvantages over a sports bike?

I am in love with this pic... I've been trying to find more of this person for years now. Do you happen to have anymore of this chick (assuming)?! Gah.. Man, that is HAWT. SERIOUSLY.

520/525 chains are NOT standardized for links
you cant mix and match links from different companies
if you dont know the brand and specific model you have get a new chain and sprocket set and go from there.
i already had this problem with one of my bikes and its annoying as fuck. the standardization is only for what sprockets they fit.

Advantages
>Comfy
>looks (if you're a hipster faggot)
>price (if buying new, if used depends on your area)
>easiness to ride

Disadvantages
>performance
>handling
>looks (if you're a normal person with taste)

Thanks user. My dad seems to like that look so I just wanted to know how what I was buying for him compares to what he has.

I don't have any source but I feel like most "normal" people prefer the looks of cruisers and old style standards like the Bonnie or CB nakeds to sportbikes or the like

Trying to quantify what "normal" people like in a bike is as dumb as trying to say "all bikers like x kind of bike" everyone has an opinion and in my experience they're usually pretty different.

That is pretty dumb. Welp, I'm pretty sure that the chain on my bike is the original one. Previous owner took it off at some point and neglected to replace two of the O rings on the master link, so it's starting to rust. Damnit.

what ever happened to this? development hell? would buy.

Normal means the average
People who ride form their opinion on experience
People who don't ride like whatever the media is pushing
>cruisers 10 years ago
>cafe racers and """scramblers""" now

>honduh
>developing anything other than commuters

you can try getting a micrometer on it and hunt down the proper link or you can just replace the whole setup and not have to worry about it for quite some time.

EU and japan's new license tiers
US' emissions
No market for it

Although with this being said every normie I ever met thought my DR650 was gay as fuck, which I found kind of funny.

I'd say cruisers are still preferred but yunguns seem to like the old style standards now.
>I'm one of them

>Search for Triumph Scrambler on Google
>Like 25 "customs" before I find a pic of a stock one
Fuck, they are all gonna be ruined

Fuck them. I want one.

I took my first bike out for my first ride today around a parking lot. First gear and a little of second. She was smoking just a little after a few rounds. Is this just oil being burned off? The shop is closed until Tuesday.

I had the clutch in a bunch going slow around corners if that makes a difference.

'98 XT350 is the bike.

there's a pic posted here frequently of a grill on a DRZ who I assume is the same person

mine makes black smoke if i rev it with the choke on

dug through my photos and couldn't find it so have this instead

You're homo

What grinds your gears?

how do you do that? is that a defective part?

wat fuk

Sorry, the part in the picture was smoking. It was light grey smoke. It wasn't from the tailpipe.

Hey /dbt/.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSPcsPDST0Y

what part you forgot to circle it

Given that there's crud on it, I'm guessing that's what's smoking but would like to make sure.

After I finish having a shit and go to my laptop.

Clutchless shifting under hard acceleration will do it to your 2nd gear

>cars dont get into accidents

chicken strips ftw

Clean it all up with degreaser, so you can be sure where it is coning from.
It does look like it could just be from the rocker cover seal.

Thats why you dont do it from 1-2 and vice versa.

Been wanting to ask this for a while, but what's the reason for all the hate on Harley Davidsons?
I technically own a sportster, but I'm a newfag to bikes and have yet to ride it.
Are they generally just considered shit or is it the actual expense of the bike?

Overpriced
Unreliable
General faggots that own them
Cringe af marketing
Crack whores

Thank you. It's okay to use degreaser & scrape it off and then rinse with water? I can hose everything down except the air filter (under the seat) and the tail pipe (needs a plug)? Sorry, I'm really new.

indian scout all the way

youtube.com/watch?v=WgBTghut5m4

Yeah thats fine. Just do it while it is stone cold.

Only need to clean up all the baked on gunk on the head. Then go ride and see where it leaks from. But looking at thise pics I'd say its just the cover seal. A new one to replace it wont cost much.

pretty much what
says,
awful marketing towards burly 'life at the outpost' americans, low construction quality, incredibly expensive parts, poor performance:price ratio, and nobody will really enjoy your presence outside of a harley meet

forgot to add, with that being said they can be incredibly comfy to ride and usually have all the creature comforts you want. In the end it depends on what you're looking for in baiku

Thank you very much. She doesn't leak. She's parked on clean concrete and nothing was under her this afternoon. She just got out of the shop - needed new gasket, new shims and the tubes needed replacing. So, theoretically, she shouldn't have any issues. I'd ask the shop themselves, but they're closed for five days.

hey dbt, about to buy my first bike, im looking around and managed to find a yamaha yzf rz3 for a pretty good price (around 3k) but its been dropped. the owner said that it was only cosmetic damage, and the only thing major is that the front fender is broken. is something like that an immediate write-off or is it possible the bike is in good shape? its just hard to find anything besides a ninja 250 for a good price here, and i wanted something a little more interesting for my first bike without buying something that will get me killed.

also, how much can i expect to pay in insurance monthly on a bike?

I don't like the corporation for what they did to one of the most passionate and innovative minds in motorcycling history, all he ever did was show them love and they shit on him every step of the way. As far as I'm concerned as a fan of motorcycles, it's immoral to financially support the continued existence of a corporation so detrimental to the progression of the motorcycle as HD. If you want to know more, please read an article called "The death of buell"

drive.google.com/open?id=0BzY3VEy-TGy3ZERDS3VLd0lYR1E

The fact that a tiny corporation could actually put out a world class bike after getting thrown in the dumps by HD is truly astounding, imagine if they had the funding of larger companies.

No it's probably fine and picking up something already cosmetically damaged is your best bet as a nublet because chances are you might add to that damage within a few months.

If you want to know for sure, get a mechanic to inspect it and check the forks are straight and everything is in working order.

Can't really do much if you don't specify a general location. Bike insurance differs by area and country.

As for your "first" bike, I'd stay away from ninja 250s and R3s if your insurance companies classify bikes as "extreme" bikes, as those will carry much higher insurance premiums

>tfw too young to be able to afford an 1190RX and insure it

you're going to want to replace the fender asap because without that you're going to be hailed with rocks and gravel and shit. Where are you located?

Ouch. That sucks.
I recently lunched the shift forks and drum on my zx6r track bike. Each shift fork is $120 (3 of them) plus $250 for the drum. Saved on money by doing it myself though. Dropped in a factory pro shift kit at the same time.

>tfw Ferd or some other similarly massive company will never throw millions of dollars at EBR then leave them alone

I just bought my first bike beginning of June. I had the guy take it to a local shop to get ok'd first. The seller actually suggested without me having to mention, so that was really nice. You will pay for the inspection. If they find something, you'll be able to negotiate the price.

i live in the eastern US, and i would definitely check the bike out first/get someone to look at it. i dont mind buying something cosmetically damaged, i just dont want to buy a bike thatll die in two weeks because the owner said it was only cosmetic damage and the whole thing was fucked. should i see if i can get a friend to loan me a pickup to haul it to the shop? or would it just be an immediate turndown if the guy isn't willing to ride it there

about how much would a new fender be?

found an aftermarket carbon one for $140
ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-R25-R3-2016-MT03-CARBON-FIBER-Front-Fender-/371474476266
probably in the realm of $100 if you look around more.
He should be able to ride it to a shop, if he's unwilling to do so then you should ask why. It will probably be a bullshit reason.

sweet, i could definitely swing 100 bucks for a new fender. i guess ill call the guy when i get paid and ask him when hed be good to meet

>tfw lane splitting like a bastard after a shitty day
YOU CANT STOP ME MOTHERFUCKERS

Bangbrosgrom.jpg

that is a wonderful pepe you've got there my friend.

Buell a shit

I hate fucking cagers so much, fucking dbag a-holes.

Pls tell us were did the cager touched you.

let it out man

Cager fuckt ur mum, fagget!!

>when you don't even want to ride anymore

That's "Skinny", from South Africa. She blogs over at tankgirls.co.za/blog/

thank you for this. lol

You must be a Britbong.

best feeling.

I hope your go pro captures your death.

Is that armour worth getting if you're dual sporting?

Unitl someone switches lanes, then your family has to buy a casket.

U must like putting niggers on ur mums and ur grills pussy

Whats an alternative for harleys then? Love the look of the dyna street bob. Rode it once and loved it but well out of my budget as a student atm.

>Whats an alternative for harleys then?
riding your boyfriend

>Harleys a shit
>cruiser a shit

Are you gay m8?