I have a question for catholishits. Instead of breaking the first two commandments by talking to statues...

I have a question for catholishits. Instead of breaking the first two commandments by talking to statues, (and trying to justify it with semantics about intercession) why don't you just pray to God directly?

After all, if Mary isn't in that statue as you say she isn't, then people in heaven must be able to hear you...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_of_the_Apocalypse
foxnews.com/us/2016/01/19/episcopal-church-will-not-cease-its-support-for-gay-marriage.html
catholic.com/tracts/the-intercession-of-the-saints
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am an atheist but you know Christians have been venerating saints since the first century.

Every branch of pre-reformation Christianity does this is some form or another, not just Catholics

Praying to a graven image is never allowed. There is a reason the reformation happened.

Because German princes didn't want to obey the Pope?

No dude, german princes didn't wanna obey the emperor.

The iconoclasts lost that debate a thousand years before the reformation.

I'm actually agree that Jesus would object to it, But I think he would object to being considered God in the first place, and the entirety of Christian tradition including the new testament

Roman Catholicism was just a way of saving Roman Paganism. Protestants completely missed the point of the religion while rightfully rebelling against the church.

They're praying to Mary, not the statue.

They didn't lose any debate actually, they lost favor of the rich elites of Constantinople. And John of Damascus' defense of icons is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read, seriously.

>God SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED Israelites to put two angels on the Ark
>lol this means we can spam idols as we plase!

Raise your hand if you're stupid enough to find that shit logical. It's like the dumbass doesn't even comprehend the "forbidden until specifically permitted" principle.

That makes them pagans

>try to justify shit
>make things even worse

>breaking the first two commandments by talking to statues

eh, it's a bit like how the buddha preached against deities or attachment yet in tibetan buddhism there is heavy emphasis on the names and appearances of bodhisatvas and demons, using visual stimulus to anchor meditations

Well everyone does that anyway. Look at proddies: scripture is paramount, but we decide what is scripture and what isn't.
Theology comes out of conveniency, coherence is optional.

They were praying to El, not the calf.

You can't even use that because the calf was Moloch

I have one extremely contentious point with intercession: if everyone prays to God in the end, what is the need to venerate or have intercessory figures? Even if they have a better connection to God than you, they ultimately have to ask God as well. Why not just ask God directly?

Not only that but God supposedly knows the past, present and the future. He knows what you are going to ask and he has already decided whether he will concede it or not from eternity. So the Catholic argument that Hurr intercession will raise the chances of getting your prayers answered is all the more lame.

The calf was probably a stand for El.

Because they can put in a good word for you

T. 8 years of ccd

>catholics
>knowing their own doctrine

kek, it's almost as bad as most protestants.

That's why it's best to reject organized religion.

Lol I guess God can't do anything anymore. Just think of all the scrolls that haven't been discovered of left out. It doesn't make them any less real. If something was written today that was truly of God who are you to argue? If Jesus says you can pray to the saints and Mary then you can. The Bible isn't the only thing out there.

Never met a protestant that couldn't explain their doctrine to me

>If Jesus says you can pray to the saints and Mary then you can.
Wut?

You must have never met a protestant then.

>The prayer of a righteous man availeth much
James 5:16

Say you have a visitation from God tonight Jesus and Mary and he says yeah you can pray the rosary are u gunna argue and be like why

It's because Paul. It's always Paul, that shitling has to have been more important to christianity than Jesus fucking Christ himself.
Specifically, Paul's letter to the corinthians is the basis for the communion of saints doctrine, that more or less states that saints are joined with Christ's mystical body, so praying to them is basically praying to him, directly. The intercession shit is pretty much baseless, but pointless too, since praying to the mystical body of Christ in all of its parts is not blasphemous.

Live in the south pal

>ohh fugg he prays to the fake sky man slightly differently than I do? Kill em!

Well in that case, yeah.

t. mohammed bin ibn mohammad

And why would they be more inclined to favor you than God?

There's literally no point if you don't have some kind of fetish for statues

>a fetish fetish

The Bible is clear about this:

>1 Timothy 2:5
>For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus

One mediator is Jesus, not "this guy from the 9th century who got canonized for bleeding from his anus and I'm praying to God by talking to this guy's statue"

Is protestantism a religion built around shitposting?

Are you referring to Luther's 95 shitposts?

>praying to God
>reading the bible
>not honouring the Empress of Heaven

fucking Prodscum never learn.

>The Bible
get a load of this Proddy

Please excuse me but your ideas on God and faith slightly differ from my own and here are 95 reasons why, all codified and organized by type of offense. I will now engage in petty squabbles for several centuries so my vision of an abstract concept can become the most relevant.

>the Bible doesn't matter

is that too hard for you to accept Jan Hus?

Question for Proddiecunts: is Revelation Pagan?

>A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. Rev 12:1

Proddiecuntism is literally Muslim tier.

proddies cut out the "inconvenient" parts of the bible

Yeah except there's literally nothing identifying this woman as Mary.

It is stupid i agree with you. That's why i don't consider myself Roman Catholic anymore

>The woman's "male child," is a reference to Jesus (Revelation 12:5), since he is destined to "rule all nations with a rod of iron" (Revelation 12:5)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_of_the_Apocalypse

The woman actually represents Israel, hence the 12 stars.

The fact she gives birth to a son destined to slay a great dragon and rule over all nations pretty firmly cements the Woman in Revelation is Mary the Mother of God.

Why do Proddiecunts worship Israel? Are you Pagan?

Nope, see

Who said we worship it? We don't think that woman should be worshipped at all.

Fair enough. Neither do Catholics.

And guess who was a Jew.
Hint, Mary, the Mother of God.

The 12 Starred Crown symbolizes Israel, everything else is Mary.

Actually she wasn't a Jew, she was a Levite.

blah blah blah blah

You say that but we can all clearly see that you guys do it anyway

And Levi was a?

Oh that's right, SON OF ISRAEL AND PATRIACH OF ONE OF THE 12 TRIBES.

You realize how few people care and just use "Jew" as shorthand for "the good bible people from before Jesus and the big nosed media people we have now" right?

Yes and the picture is calling those people retards, because that's what they are.

>We don't pray to the statue, we're praying to the holy individual represented by the statue.
>LOL stupid fucking pagans, literally worshiping statues that can't hear them

People get tired of worshiping the same divinity all the time

Jesus would object to Gentiles thinking they could crash the salvation party

No Mary no Jesus

KNOW MARY KNOW JESUS

Do you also worship Mary's mom?

Luke 1:48

for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

have you called the Mother of God blessed in your prayers lately proddies?

>Sola scriptura
Except for Lutherans performing gay marriage apparently. Also: "Whatdoth itprofit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?"(James 2:14).

St. Anne?

Well, her and St. Joachim are honored for bringing the Immaculata into the world, and thus, bringing Christ into the world.

What would Luther think of modern Protestantism?

>Lutherans performing gay marriage
>not being Episcopalian/Anglican master race

>Jesus would object to Gentiles thinking they could crash the salvation party
Amen!

So peeps
What would Jesus think about "Paul the Usurper"?

aren't they even more liberal?

what's is like being anglican?

>Episcopalian

foxnews.com/us/2016/01/19/episcopal-church-will-not-cease-its-support-for-gay-marriage.html

Judaizers pls go.

>following a religion solely made so that a king could proceed to marry as women as needed to get an heir
>following the national religion of England without having the queen/king as the head nor any connection to England

Also Episcopalians do allow gay marriage, wouldn't be surprising if the Anglican church will do so soon as well.

He'd probably hate it, just like most popes/bishops of the time would hate Vatican II

>anime

also there are theologically conservative movements within anglicanism. many of the african churches are very conservative inb4 racism

anglicanism would be the most theologically diverse 'denomination', they range from pseudo-catholics to quasi-evangelicals

Having differing factions inside of a religion does not make it especially diverse, the same could be said of catholicism, orthodoxy, or any major branch of Christianity. Regardless, most Episcopalians are majorly liberal, extremely so compared to other branches of Christianity, and Anglicanism is also liberal in its homeland of the U.K, which I would imagine be a indicator of the branch as a whole.

Official doctrine that may be, but my church has never had a gay marriage and certainly has no idols to speak of.

It's the religion of nondegenerate members of the superior Anglo-Saxon race

Because their church is an abomination.

in australia the sydney anglicans are evangelical fundamentalists

Jesus was a great man, but only a man.
Paul was a charlatan.
Get over it.
Remember. Christians are not the majority on this planet.

WE

>this is what papists actually believe

Yes and in catholicism poles are incredibly conservative and fundamentalist. It doesn't matter that some congregants are more conservative or more liberal, what matters is official dogma, which all congregants must agree and adhere to. Anglican church is liberal in its dogma, meaning on the whole it is more liberal branch of Christianity.

Strawman of Sola Scriptura

Its so dumb people can worship, most people are too fucking stupid to worship real power without some image to associate it with.

I don't

Yet your church would perform a gay marriage if asked. Also
>Anglicanism
>non-degenerate
>literally made so Henry VIII could violate marriages at his beck and call

Ok well then you don't have to ask for intercession retard. It's just an option, an exercise in humility.

It's contra biblical and Satanic

That's an athiest you twat.

We believe in Transubstantiation, how the hell could you reconcile that with denying Christ as Divine?

praying with mary

t. muslim

Just as Christ propheside
Into the lake of fire you go, Mohamet

>the Bible is muslim

Elaborate pls.

He'd love it, however damnable heresies have masqueraded as Protestant since Arminius

lmao

>contra-biblical
>Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, hearkening to the voice of his word! Bless the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers that do his will!"
>Psalms. 103:20–21

catholic.com/tracts/the-intercession-of-the-saints

There's even more than that. Now just shut up and ask those who've won to pray for you so that you come to follow God's Master Plan and achieve the Heavenly Reward like they did.