Companies would rather put RWD and AWD on their crossovers, compact SUVs and whatever the fuck than their sports cars

>companies would rather put RWD and AWD on their crossovers, compact SUVs and whatever the fuck than their sports cars
I don't...
I don't understand

stupid sexy prelude...

they would push the same numbers if they just made the crossovers and compact SUVs FWD
I don't understand

i just found out the fucking dodge nitro is rwd

dude you know how much weight a FR driveshaft adds?
FWD is literally a performance mod

@15368052
gonna have to try harder than that if you want some (You)s

Man, Prelude would literally be my dream car if it was RWD, how is that thing so sexy

its more of a towing capability thing, fwd could quite possibly slip uphill towing something heavy(i.e. boat trailer, horse trailer, etc.)

no way man that counts

>rwd prelude with ls swap

Your problem OP is your own warped definition of a sports car.

Companies ARE putting rwd and awd on their sports cars. The fwd cars you're probably referring to aren't sports cars.

>FWD isnt a sports car
10/10

Name one fwd supercar or current purpose built motorsport vehicle.

They don't use it because it's inherently the worst drivetrain for everything except fuel efficiency and cabin space.

FWD has its limits, but that still doesn't mean there isn't sporty FWD cars

Civicu Typu Arru

>sporty

For fwds sporty is a flavor rather than a design philosophy, take a car designed to fetch groceries and put some more power in it. You sacrifice performance but the car is cheaper and more convenient to design, manufacture and own.

The design philosophy of a sports car is the opposite. It's designed from the ground up for that role and makes sacrifices to deliver a better base for a performance car.

A sporty car is not a sports car.
There have been very few FWD sports cars, and food good reason.

Nope

>240sx, miata, ae86,wrx sti, evo, skyline are sports cars but integra type r isn't

You could make an argument for the higher spec versions of those being sports cars but the itr is purely a product of convenience. They didn't want to spend the money developing a rwd platform so they half assed it and put more power into a grocery getter. It's a sporty fwd, not a sports car.

It would have been cheaper and easier to make the 240sx, ae86 and skyline front wheel drive cars but they made the expensive choice to go with rwd for the performance benefits.

the sti and evo are half-way between the two camps. they've decided to modify a fwd base but modify the shit out of it. They would have been superior vehicles with less drivetrain issues had they been rwd from the start.

I'm fucking laughing

>not knowing how subaru awd works

>base model shitbox RWD= sports car
>sporty trim RWd shitbox = sports car
>base model shitbox skyline = sports car
>sporty trim of an econobox awd = sports car
>record breaking car praised constantly and always among the best cars of its time and even after its time that is a sporty trim of a sport compact = not a sports car

Why am I responding

>tfw more of a sports car than an integra type r

You're an idiot. I said you could make an argument for them being sports cars, and only for the high spec models. They're actually grand tourers hence the GT.

The integra isn't a sports car. Sure it might be acceptable with the factory output the performance gulf between something like an integra and something with a proper drivetrain only gets wider and wider as you add more power.

>a platform that gets less and less desirable as you add power is a sports car

Listen to yourself.

>sports cars are about horse power
Wow

[backpedaling intensifies]

>sport is about pushing shit uphill and putting bandaids on inherently unsuitable drivetrains

like putting stilts on a donkey instead of just getting a horse.

Confirmed for never driving a Type R

I actually have but the itr has nothing to offer someone who likes to hoon.

Lol no you haven't

That sounds like more of a driver skill issue.

b8

It's more of a not being a faggot issue. What possible reason could tempt someone to want a car with a less fun drivetrain and less power?

But it's true. RWD cars have more parasitic loss than FWD cars do. In low power applications, there are more downsides to RWD than upsides.

>In low power applications, there are more downsides to RWD than upsides.

So why were the ae86 and mx-5 so successful? That's about as low power as it gets.

Then why is the Type R smoking everything short of special edition limited run vehicles?
>inb4 b-b-b-b-b-b-b

Why are you arguing with b8 instead of the real arguments

or are the shitposters shitposting eachother now

You can't just cry bait when your argument fails. The ae86 dominated its low powered fwd peers on the track for years until its engine became obsolete. The mazda dominates the low powered sports car market so your claim of the added parasitic losses outweighing the benefits of rwd is bullshit on or off the street.

NIgger there is more than one person here and one person isn't being serious

>name one fwd supercar
None, but the Lotus Elan was FWD, and that's ostensibly a sports car.
>or current purpose built motorsport vehicle
You said "current' just to leave out the GT-R LM, didn't you?

gt-r lm is more of an experiment in exploiting rules loopholes but it's not fwd it drives the rear wheels also.

This thread

So pretty much what some anons are saying is even if there was a car that made 600whp has a good power to weight ratio but was fwd it's not a sports car lol ok.

what

>sports car
>super car

>@

Now I have your (you)

Rally cars

>tfw I still love 5th gens even though they're FWD, overweight, overpriced, and have a shit "community" of fans

They're so qt

>USDM S chassis
>ka24 not SR20DET
ok have fun with the cucked silvias

But the Type R Civic and Integra are faster?

most ranaults in their motorsports division.

lol you don't know shit

Not him, but how does that matter? The fastest Maxima is faster than its equivalent stock Mustang GT (also not a sports car) or Miats (definitely a sports car). Is that Maxima a sports car?

Nice bespoke chassis you're picking there, too, kek

>half-assed
>fully stitch welded chassis
>109hp/L
wew lad

4th and 5th gen maximas were widely considered "sport sedans" when they first rolled out, so yeah thats actually debatable.

And comparing such to basically the worst mustang ever and a gutless miata hardly proves your point, either.

>miata is definitely a sports car

>can't burnout
>call it a sport car
Do you also happen to own a Hyundai sport car and think you're cool?

>this trigger the Veeky Forums
What a surprise that Veeky Forums has a bunch of poor underage faggots who never drove real sport cars

It was also a huge stinking piece of shit.

>arguing with Honda fun boys

now watch as the RWD cuckolds get triggered hard as fuck

Now this is a proper comparison, bettter than new weak powered car beating old outdated sports car

But maxima doesn't feel like a sport car nor does it look like one. I've felt more fun driving a slower Miata than faster maxima. Sport car has many aspects than straight line acceleration
And the handling, maxima cannot compete with Miata. You Honda fun boys just can't let other people have the better stuff and make everyone suffer the same shit as you do

>Honda fun boys

This is a slur I can actually get behind.

>tfw too much tongue weight and you lose all power and steering when the front wheels are lifting off the ground

You're fucking absurd.

30lbs? Driveshaft aren't heavy. Its the transmission and rear axle that make a difference.

"@" The summer is strong in this one.

Speak for yourself, not using meme arrows

>@

>Prelude
>Sports car

Come on son its on the same level as the Celica, Eclipse and Tiburon.

That doesn't make sense. Are you just Corey?

How does it not make sense.

They are all FWD coupes with a 4 cylinder making around 200hp.

Hell, the Prelude is the worst of the lot due to it being 3000 lbs.

Excuse me have you driven these cars at their limit?

>not knowing /brit/ memes

No, Im a bench racer.

not a super car, but an actual race car, but the nismo GT-R LM is FWD and front engined