/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Best Granddad edition

Dead Good Hunter & Eileen: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm at the fog gate, nothing

we just killed rom

So not only did we kill a good and caring daddy, we killed a good and caring Grandaddy.

I'll be damned if pop pop's armor wasn't great tho.

No worries, you doing anything next?

Gascoigne's legit a good character, I really feel sorry for him

Fuck off Djura, beasts need to be killed.

I know. He's doing the best he can, but the scourge doesn't descriminate? Hell he probably didn't kill his wife, a beast could've that he easily dispatched of.

Sucks that you can save/help every brand of lunatic but you can't help to keep freshly orphaned children safe.

>doesn't descriminate?
Not meant to be a question dammit.

Djura's a fucking faggot and so are you, Gascoigne was a good man and we lost him.

What gets me is he was a foreigner just like us, Father isn't a Healing Church title, he came from another land and settled in Yharnam either with his family or took a wife and had a kid here, kept being a holy man and got caught up, an innocent man in a nightmare of blood and beasts, and ultimately succumbed. Like Micolash, I'd love to know more about his life.

I'm starting to believe in the ONLY BASE ENDURANCE meme.

I still want to raise my end from 12-15 on my skill build damnit.

What's the best sound track in the game and why is it this?

youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

Literally the theme of Bloodborne, simply beautiful.

I get goosebumps every time I hear it and I can't stand OSTs from games usually.

Can anyone help me with Ludwig NG+? Password is iuiui, ringing at that lantern near the boss fog

>top 50 in Vileblood register
>next 5 above me have a 100+ difference in dreg offerings

fuck

i'll bite.

Yay!

Room for another?

come! we are fighting him now

lol fuck that dumb big beam ludwig shoots.

Do i fight ludwig now with 40 vit 25 skl and a +6 weapon or should I wait until +9 weapons for dlc?

Got him in the end. You guys wanna help me through the next area?

Summon Valtr and eat a beast poop pill. Attack when he's attacking Valtr and stay near Ludwig.

yeah i'll help

Gascoigne's theme will always be my favourite. It sounds like the hunt itself, relentless and thumping.

I love the Living Failures' theme, too, it's the most grand, cosmic and dare I say majestic theme in the game. That part where they summon the meteors is a really amazing moment, this crescendo that feels like we're witnessing something actually wondrous and terrible.

Where can I ring? I need to fight there

go into the first hallway after ludwig's arena

will this game make me want to kill myself more than i already do?

this game is somewhat frustrating at first, and will continue to be unforgiving all the way through the game if you're not careful. overall, it's very rewarding and fun once you get into it's groove.

It's not letting me

go further into the hallway where the enemies are

Still no. Do I have to kill those 2 hunters first?

not sure man.

Any good loot off them? I'm thinking I'll just skip those two bastards

What should my stats and sl look like for a 99 ARC build?

Okay I've finally gotten to the next point I can ring, if anyone is still interested? First lantern in the research hall, password iuiui

>cruel fate
>30 vit
>12 end
>10 Stre
>10 skl
>9 bl
>99 Arc

what's sl?

also, good luck

Cruel Fate: 30/12/10/9/5/99 at BL115.

Or 40/12/10/9/5/90 at 116 if you want more Vit.

Cheers.

>sl
Sorry, I just finished DS3.

Who is the one in the middle with the red spot?

I think it's Queen Yharnam?

What are the ones on the bottom, one is an ayy, but what's the six armed one?

Amygdala.

Undead giant

I can recognize every one of these except the blue thing right next to Amygdala. It isn't Celestial Emissary, he's next to Logarius. So what the hell is it?

Living Fayyliures?

Can't imagine, considering the rest of the DLC bosses aren't on there.

What's the one under Memeolash?

Hemwick witches and Shadows of Yharnam

But i get off on soloing bosses

Same here, might be Moon Presence but it doesn't really look like it. Only story-mode bosses besides Yharnam are there.

Actually, I think the Emissary is next to Amy, Moon Presence is the thing next to Logarius, look at its face.

BREAKING LORE NEWS: Apparently in the Nightmare of Mensis, host of the nightmare Micolash owns a Tesla cloning device from Christopher Nolan's movie The Prestige.

Cheesing Micolash with Blt and Arc builds is so satisfying after the shit he put me through on my first playthrough.

The only problem I ever had with chasing Mickey was on my first walkthrough when I wasn't understanding what's the deal with running.

For me, it wasn't realizing that being close to him causes him to not spam A Call Beyond. I kept backing up and getting trashed by that.

What happens with your HP if you're summoned by a higher level? Does it stays the same/decreases accordingly or just like usual?

Isn't it Ebrietas?

No, Ebrietas is right next to Mergo's Nurse.

It stays the same unless the Beckoner has less health than you during downscaling, which is like up to level 50-60.

Help with Defiled Amy?
Pass: bbbg

>Random co-op with SRRC
>Get matched with a Vileblood
>He's in full Executioner gear and the Gold Ardeo

This makes me irrationally upset.

Sure thing, on my way.

Strike down that vile impostor.

Shit sorry I got animation canceled on. I'll be ringing again, in case you need it.

How can you tell they have the vileblood rune on?

Executioners and Vilebloods get summoned to each other as hostile purple summons, like Hunters of Hunters do against blood-addled hunters.

Yeah that looked weird, I tried but died, ring in again

Micolash, Paarl, Rom, Witch, Shadows, Nurse, Ebby-tan, Gerhman, The One Reborn, Starved Beast, Father of the Year, Cleric Beast, Corpse Bride, Logarius, Celestial, Amy, I don't know what's that and Amelia

What is the best way to farm Chunks before having access to the Upper Cathedral or very hard chalice dungeons?

The only place I can think of for farming chunks barring either of those options is grinding the Cainhurst Gargoyles, but the drop rate with them is super low, if I'm not mistaken.

>Abhorrent beast

Is there a way to cheese this fucker?

It's best to use all the chunks you can pick up on a single weapon and rushing through the story/dungeons for the chunk farming. Maybe recreate Ailing Loran, I think the bosses drop chunks but I'm not sure.

Just noticed it's Moon Moon

He's incredibly weak to poison. It only takes one poison knife to fill the bar, and then you can just give him the runaround until you need to give him another knife.

Alternatively, you can just roll into all his swings and kill his ass that way.

Poison Knives. Bait the slow punch, dodge to the left and get 2 hits in. Dodge every other attack that isn't the tornado slam and get 1 hit in.

'aight, thanks senpaitachi!

You know that attack where he steps forward slowish, then does a pretty simple punch? Roll through that, hit him, roll away. He does it throughout every phase, and it never gets any wind/electric effects like his other moves.

No fuck that I will poison him. Thanks anyways.

You still there? I've been ringing for a while here.

>tfw farming Snatchers in Hypogean Gaol for Twin Bloodstone Shards
Is there a better way to do this early game?

Dodge INTO his attacks user
Hes p fast but youre faster

Hemwick dogs maybe, but they're annoying.

>Probably waited a bit long to visit chalice dungeons
>Enemies all die in only a few hits
>Blast through watchdog
>Get my fanny lightly tickled by descendant
>First area side dungeon of lower Pthuphtu-laroo
>Not even the first actual area
>Oh boy basically free shit
>Get my head punched off by a kidnapper
Well okay that was a little drastic of a jump

Oh, I forgot those dogs dropped twin shards. That's not a bad idea, user.

I haven't gone to Hemwick yet, but it's an easy place anyways. I could just sprint, kill the boss, unlock the lantern and then farm.

honestly I'd say that's the best method pre-Rom

Lower Pthu is where the laughing stops and the first of the CD casual filters kick in.

I'm level 60 at the Celestial Emissary boss but I can't get many coop guys.

What level should I be here to enjoy some jolly cooperation?

>beat NG+ Ludwig first try on my STR/ARC build

Out fucking skilled. The key is to be angrier than him.

>not level 4

Its too easy mang

>Le PS4 superiority meme

Jesus Christ, no wonder you're ringing at Celestial Emissary. Kindly fuck off.

Speaking of, how do Lv4 runners keep their weapon damage output up, or at least decent?

Do they rely solely on gems/reinforcing? I'm trying SL4 on the DLC and I don't have any blood rocks/chunks to upgrade, so I'm practically just tickling Ludwig now.

Get a +10 weapon before the DLC. Beast Blood Pellets help a lot too.

Fuck, this pic put me in a legitimately sad mood.

I like to think Gascoigne and Henryk were from the same land, both foreigners to Yharnam, their names have a similar sort of French feel to them. Maybe neighbouring lands, who knows. Get to be colleagues and friends as hunters and outsiders to Yharnam, great hunting partners, Gascoigne either move there with his family, or settled down and had kids in the city, Henryk was always married to the job. He became like an unofficial uncle for Gascoigne's youngest daughter when she was born.

I know it's super gay and all, but goddamn I feel bad for Gascoigne and Henryk.

>this upset over an image on a PS4 exclusive general

Why?

Guys, I did it. NG+, after storing 300 of them in NG, I ran out of blood vials. I have no idea how or why.

>Ever running out of vials

I will never understand how people manage to do this.

I understand it early NG, but on NG+1 and higher, you make so many blood echoes it shouldn't be an issue at all