Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?

Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?

>Ford 3.5L EcoBoost
>450 lbs
>over 700 HP
>over 675 LB ft torque

>Chevy LT4
>529 lbs
>650 HP
>650 lb ft torque

Turbo V6's are clearly better than N/A V8's for track performance? Why would you want extra weight if you're trying to create a lightweight track vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars-specs.com/ford/2011-taurus-sho/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 it turns into last night's Raptor thread all over again

Lt4 isn't na

Have you ever owned an EcoBoost V6?

Stock at 350HP/355TQ
DI (but Ford doesn't seem to know how to decarb them)
Prone to loss of power in warm high humidity.

Source - I own a 4th gen SHO.

>Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car
Ford shills and bus riders. Otherwise it seems and looks like every other super car; incredibly pricey and only a handful will be made per year with most ending up as collection pieces.

I don't hate the new Ford GT i just don't care for it.

If Ford really wanted to get people to be fans of ecoboost performance why don't they make a Sports-car? something above the mustang with ecoboost. something in the price-range of the Corvette that isn't limited and will be around for years.

My disappointment is that Ford might not learn anything from this car and we (the none-elite in which this car isn't intended for) might not get anything out of it. Once the Ford GT sales out and runs its short-lived life-span as a super-car like most super-cars (such as the 918) the fastest cars in Ford's lineup will go back to being their V8 powered Mustangs. They could, of course try shoving one of their twin turbo ecoboost engines in the mustang but without a proper sports-car chassis it won't outperform anything other than its pony-car rivals.

I kinda wish ford had made something similar to the NSX. not the exact same twin turbo hybrid AWD super-car but a halo car above the mustang that's more affordable and obtainable. I'm more likely to see the New NSX on the road than the ecoboost GT because of how limited the numbers are and how expensive they are.

The NSX will last longer for Honda as of now it is their current Halo car. it also cost around $150,000 and Honda doesn't necessarily need you to suck their dick to get one. you can buy it as if it were any other performance car like a optioned-out Porsche 911.

Its also a tad bit disappointing that this won't outperform the 918 or any of the Hyper-car trio. if ford wanted to make this limited and go all out i kinda wish they had of gone for the throat on the hyper-cars. Beating the La-Ferrari and pissing Ferrari off for a cheaper price probably would've been closer to the original GT in my opinion.

I'm not sure what's Ford's strategy with this but as for now all it seems like their doing is showing us what Eco-boost can do when you dump a lot of money into a platform for it that most will never get anyway.

wat? Literally no ecoboost makes that amount of power

I accidentally put in n/a.

Excuse me, 365HP, not 355.

cars-specs.com/ford/2011-taurus-sho/

what he said
stock specs for my truck are 365/420.

Yeah, I fat figured it. Should be 365/350. See

A EcoBoost Ford F150 is better than a Silverado so it kind of proves my point.

>Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?
All the hate comes from assblasted GM fangirls.

Specifically bromaro with his shitty ass slow camaro, I would kill myself if I ever own one

You're not allowed to have these cars locked up in storage.

Ford requires you to promise you'll drive their car and not put it in storage to retain its value.

let me know when you can find one of these 700hp ecoboosts in the junkyard for $500

Because they didn't run heritage designs in LM.
Waste of fucking opportunity.

Yes yes, they're all sold, I know.

I like it

That uses a TT engine, bespoke to that car. You fucking dildo.

Veeky Forums your fucking meme game is fucking god awful

how do you know is over 700 hp??
It won't get to close to that hp

It's the same engine you stupid fuck.

>Can somebody tell me why there is so much hate for this car?

It's just Government Motors shills.