Anyone else prefer cars without LCD screens of any kind? I never owned a car with one and probably never will

Anyone else prefer cars without LCD screens of any kind? I never owned a car with one and probably never will.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-backup-cameras-autotips-0623-20160620-story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're just one more thing that can break

t. a dude with a car that doesn't have lcd screens or power windows, locks, and seats

infotainment systems are for nu-male faggots.

I like having the map on a screen. I like the reverse camera.

Loser with ur Bluetooth ear piece

>Manual air conditioning
>Automatic gearbox

lcd for gps and nothing else

>cars without LCD screens of any kind
>posts car with two lcd screens

My current generation Beetle has one for the media stuff and I don't see what it was necessary. I guess it is because of the bluetooth stuff too.

I would prefer a car with just a standard radio but when I ordered the Beetle if I wanted them to drop a GTI engine in there I had to get the screen.

You know what I mean.

>I never owned a car with one and probably never will.
>I never owned a car and probably never will.

Fixed it. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

To be honest I havent really heard about any of them breaking. However I constantly hear about buttons breaking, which sucks since buttons are superior to touchscreens.

>screen will get fingerprints
This is why I don't want one

who thought touchscreens in a car were ever a good idea? with a normal radio i can keep my eyes on the road and feel the buttons, a touch screen i actually have to look at.

It's a fucking terrible idea. If they want to put a screen in so badly, they should at least not make it touch, put buttons on either side to change menus so you can at least keep your eyes on the road.

The iDrive in my E61 was easy, as is the Sync 3 in my MKS.

I like the iDrive enough that I'll be refitting the NBT into an E38. Would love to add the E6X HUD as well.

It's good for navigation and music but that's about it.

If anything, reverse cameras cause more accidents than they prevent imo

>If anything, reverse cameras cause more accidents than they prevent imo

You're fucking stupid

I prefer a touchscreen to a fuckton of ugly buttons.

But I prefer a clean layout of buttons to a touchscreen.

Jelly poorfag detected

You're dumb too, 90% of the high end luxury cars I drive don't have back up cameras for whatever fucking reason. BMW's are notorious for this shit and it's 50/50 for Audi's. Mercedes are da bes though, I love Mercede's.

I'm the same person in both dude.
To me it seems like people rely too much on the camera, and rarely follow the warning that says to turn your head and look behind as well.

I valet, back up cameras are so fucking amazing since I have to back up into every single parking spot with like 1ft of clearance if I'm lucky. The things that are actually distracting are the sensors without any visual notification. The entire car just goes fucking berserk and it's so distracting. The best are the radars that things like the Nissan Rogue have. Iv only actually seen those radars on the Nissan Rogue and another car I can't think of.

What I do find incredibly distracting are those cameras that turn on when making right turns to tell you if you're about to turn into something. Fuck those things, they pull my eye away from the road when I should already know where my goddamn wheel is.

He's not stupid, but backup cameras don't cause accidents. They don't prevent them either, according to recent studies.

chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-backup-cameras-autotips-0623-20160620-story.html

In the U.S., backup cameras will become mandatory for model year 2018.

The cameras were mostly fueled by accidents where cars hit kids on bikes and scooters, less on backing into other objects. IIRC the law about mandatory backup cameras was fueled by the media pushi a couple stories of cars backing up into kids and the public outcry they caused, at least here in the US

Amerifat priorities

lol my friend just crushed his car with reverse radar sensor in the parking lot. Dumb fuck even blamed it on the sensor being slow

Daily'd one with an infotainment system wasn't that bad, relied too much with the backup cam that when I went back to driving my shitbox I developed a bad habit of not looking back but took a few days to get where I used to.
I still like how mercedes still keeps the fuck ton of buttons even if there's a screen

That's just shitty drivers, just because those dumb fucks still hit shit doesn't mean it isn't useful. It just means those dumb shits would hit something regardless because they just simply don't pay attention. I still use my mirrors and everything else available to me when I need them.

what do you do for a living?

Accountant (for a business, not public firm)

you probably said "seatbelts/airbags kill more people than they save" too

Those touchscreen are laggy and look like shit.

Nigga that's a screen in your car. You gotta go back to the 60 for no screen mothafuka

I do, the only displays I have in my cars is the odometer.

jesus fucking christ it looks like they bought a budget tablet like a samsung galaxy tab lite and bolted it to the dash.

Yeah. Removed the 2din lcd from my e46 m3 and replaced it with a generic 1din pioneer. I only need aux anyway.

The screen also reflected sunlight straight to my face far more often that it should. Quite annoying.

The dash looks more aesthetic without it, but once you get used to using it, it's quite comfy. So I'm 50/50 on this topic.

wut? having gps and multimedia on board is nice though.

>90% of the high end luxury cars I drive don't have back up cameras for whatever fucking reason. BMW's are notorious for this shit and it's 50/50 for Audi's.
Many/most Audi's and BMWs are marketed to people that like driving and think they can drive well (whether that's true or not).
>Mercedes are da bes though, I love Mercede's.
Many/most Mercedes' are marketed to older rich people and trophy wives, and are more equipped for comfort than performance/driving.

In Europe anyway.