If we manufactured USDM/US legal engines and maybe transmissions in the US and brought Twingos over without engines and...

If we manufactured USDM/US legal engines and maybe transmissions in the US and brought Twingos over without engines and whatnot in them, could we label them as kit cars and legally assemble and sell them state side?

Hmmmm

>Twingo body
>K24 and tranny from Civic Si

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

i hope not

That's a really great idea, hopefully the legalities of it can be worked out.

The Twingo is a girl's car. Don't you have a boyfriend you need to fellate?

hello newfriend

>mfw i open the first twingo dealer in the continental usa in 2018

twingo is the gayest meme on Veeky Forums

The only cars I think of as girl cars are miatas and honda cr-v's, because the only people I know who drive those cars are girls

>things I do not like are memes and I hate them!!
kill yourself

Can you guys get the toyota starlet gt turbo or the starlet glanza v in the US??

it is a meme

you shouldnt get triggered just because youre a memelord

I'm not a girl desu, and I know more about miatas than anyone on this board.

What a thing to be proud of kys

Cool story bro, hows the single life treating you?

post real pictures of twingos taken by regular europeans who drive them and drive with them every day.

Feels good to be a eurofag sometimes.
But only sometimes.

They're very representative of what Europe believes the lower class's driving experience should be.

This is a sfw board pls no gore

pro and con sides are retarded and cherry picking.

the twingo is the 90's vw beetle.
literally all kinds of people drove/drive one.

like the beetle, it will also become a classic.

Does someone actually know the legality of this? I really wanna know if this is feasible at all.

I'm also interested in this

This would be legal, with restrictions:

IIRC you could only do 50 per year as a kit car manufacturer.
You'd have to be both a licensed importer and licensed kit car manufacturer.
The drivetrains would have to meet emissions for the year/make/model they were out of... unless they were brand-new engines of your own design, then they'd have to meet current year emissions.

Speedo would have to be converted to MPH.

>have to meet emissions

As an Europoor I always find this baffling.

How can Burgers drive the biggest V8 monsters as a daily, trucks that literally puke out pitch black clouds and still be totally anal with their emission faggotry?

Rolling coal is an EPA violation and you can get pulled over and get ticketed for it. In states that do emissions they can do a roadside emissions test of your vehicle and if it fails your vehicle has to get towed.

However, many states (like mine) don't do emissions or safety inspections. So the vehicle would have to meed emissions to be sold, but afterwards you could immediately remove all of that.