>2016
>not using superior secret nazi technology
>still letting your engine cuck you

Tell me Veeky Forums why are you still stuck in the stone age with your "pisstons"

Rotary Engine:
1. Can rev to infinity and beyond
2. Reliable
3. Slap on another rotor and easily double your hp
4. Small so lighter
5. Easy as fuck to rebuild (3 moving parts)
6. [BONUS] So good and overpowered it was banned from Lemans after the Mazda 787b started wiping out the competition

PisstonShit:
1. throw rods constantly
2. redline at 4000rpm
3. good luck rebuilding anything more than a v4
4. large and bulky so heavy
5. can't compete

Enjoy throwing rods and blowing gaskets pistoncucks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LdcUSLensa8
youtu.be/V0OuFegTbNw
youtu.be/OnAK-90m5L8
youtube.com/watch?v=fuwHnqVuZps
youtube.com/watch?v=0e785YnDmq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>So good and overpowered it was banned from Lemans

But that's wrong.

No.
>8k redline on most cars (hondas rev higher)
>why do most dorito powered cars need a rebuild after 100k miles or less?
>"double your hp"
>true
>obviously never rebuilt one
> Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
They're great motors, but just have a Lot of flaws that mazda will hopefully solve

I thought Mazda gave up on the rotary?

Nigga, did you see the rotary vision concept, that shit is based

I did not.

[spoiler]4th gen RX-7 when[/spoiler]

But honestly, if they somehow solve the emisions problem (idk How though) i don't see why they won't bring back the brapers.

>he's excited about a concept that's never gonna happen

>6. [BONUS] So good and overpowered it was banned from Lemans after the Mazda 787b started wiping out the competition

I think it was actually banned because they couldn't classify its weight and displacement properly and felt Mazda could eventually use that as an advantage.

Either way
>>>started wiping out the competition
After 20 losses they sure did yes. even in qualifying though they were getting their asses handed to them by the Godly V8 powered Mercedes Sauber. (a car that won 13 out of the 21 races it entered and generated 5 fastest laps)

Last i heard they said it wouldn't see production "Anytime soon" there was a shitposting thread about it months ago. titled "rotary fans on suicide watch" or something but the article was legitimate.

It will, y-you'll see

but it's not...
>8k redline in most cars
rev to 8k once, have to do an entire rebuild unlike a rotary where you need to rev to 10,300 every time to keep an engine healthy

>rebuild after 100k miles
keep memeposting pistoncuck

>2016
>Using an engine with the emissions of a 10L diesel.
>Produces less power than a lawnmower.
>Gets worse gas mileage than a jet turbine.

Tell me about all the good mpg's you get?

>obviously not looking at the bigger picture
There are 100's of motorsport companies entering in lemans and all were using pistons. Then, out of nowhere mazdas rotary comes through. after improving and racing up the ladder at an alarming rate, [seriously check the placements and winnings] and securing a win, other pisston companies went to go cry to the organizers about how unfair it was that rotary tech was blowing the piston tech out of the water. So after crying and schilling knowing they will never be able to keep up the majority ousted the minority cause they knew their days were numbered. Enjoy knowing the truth

youtu.be/LdcUSLensa8
Easy, now rev your meme that high without blowing your cuckpex seals

youtu.be/V0OuFegTbNw
Need more?

> blowing out of the water
> taking advantage of regulations based on swept volume

*clap* *clap* *clap* good job mazda

If they banned rotaries how come this RX7 raced in '94 and Mazdaspeed ran rotary powered Kudzu prototypes in '95, '96 and '97

Yeah except the difference is when you over-rev the 4AGE by 500 rpm it turns into a bucket of shrapnel.

You forgot

>still faster than pistonshit

has to spend tens of thousand of dollars custom making parts and tuning and dynoing just to get to the same rpm and hp range as a stock rotary engine

keep trying pisston cucks

>thinking out the box
lmao such cheaters amiright?

pretty sure this wasn't the same class and race type?

No you don't understand user they banned rotaries from Le Mans

Says who?

says who? k pull up with your ls1 or whatever the fuck pisston you can come up with and enjoy getting eaten alive by any 4 or even 3 rotor

They're pretty fast desu(check out some crazy puerto ricans on YouTube) but money to power ratio it gets but-raped by the oldschool piston engine.

> comparing a racecar engine to a commercial of the shelf one
Nice try buddy

implying 3 rotor turbos are racecar engines
>what is mazda cosmo?

you forgot

>superior engine noise

it sounds like master race buzzing bees. like a whole superior army of them waiting to kick some serious

i am totally in love with this sound
it is the best engine sound ever

It is pretty easy to out run a tank on a road.

So tell me, in How many production vehicles is the 20b fitted?
Also by your argument the eunos cosmo is much faster then a, Let's say c5 corvette?

Toyota's 2zz has a factory recline at 8200 rpm, and they have been tested to be 9000 rpm capable. Piston engine are definitely old technology, but there is 2 good reasons the rotary in its current form won't ever overtake them: emissions and overall reliability. The emissions aspect is being worked on, but the fact is, that the Mazda rotary was designed to inject oil into the combustion chamber, which drastically increases emissions, and rotary engines have a real hard time completing combustion, because of the length of the combustion chamber and the duration it has before the rotor starts going over the exhaust port. This shoots unburnt fuel out the exhaust also increasing emissions. For reliability, the fact is that the apex seals fail and require the engine to be rebuilt. Piston engine rings take way longer to wear out or fail, and if they do, the engine still runs so.e of the time, just with a lot of blowby. If the rotary was able to last longer, it MIGHT have a fair chance, but right now, it is just supremely flawed technology, that has only 2 or 3 things going for it.

>comparing older car to a newer car. comparing cheaper car to a more expensive car

lol why isn't the ford model t faster than a mercedes clk amg?!?!!? must mean the model t was garbage amiright?

7. [BONUS] God-Tier engine sound

Mfw a your average stock standard 1200cc motorcycle engine can produce ~80% of the horsepower and ~65% the torque of an Rx-8 while being lighter, cleaner, more durable, cheaper, and higher revving.

>throws a rod, blocks a gasket, damages piston
lol better call the tow truck amiright?

>apex seals wear out, one rotor fails
lol good thing i can still drive home and to the mechanic

keep trying pisston cucks, i'm here all day

Hey, you said ls1, which is found in the c5 vette, also as far as i know the eunos cosmo is the ONLY production vehicle with a 3 rotor engine.

>ls1 or whatever the fuck pisston you can come up with
>"or"

but yea keep cherrypicking. enjoy picked off the ground after my rx7 twin turbo fd blows by you endlessly redlining

Dumb question. Why aren't they put in production cars?

nazi rotaries are fun to trigger pistoncucks, but if you want actual performance you need based jewish scientist rotary

>mfw these two engines make the same power
>the piston shit one weights several times more

kek, how are they going to recover?

youtu.be/OnAK-90m5L8
Keep lying yourself

>street outlaws

but where was torque?

The Nazis lost. How good can the engine be if it belong to the losing team? Didn't they get BTFO'd by an NSX last month too?

>throws a rod, blocks a gasket, damages piston
only happen if the engine is badly tuned or running higher cylinder pressure than all supporting components can handle. And generally if a apex seal fails the rotary won't be able to run, and even if it is, it will be producing all of 2 hp which makes it nearly impossible to get you home.

get a load of this fucking retard

torque is related to rotor size, dumbass, not by the engine confirguration itself

besdies, unless you are a 200kg amerifat, torque is irrelevant

>And generally if a apex seal fails the rotary won't be able to run

you are a fucking retard

if one seals blows, a single rotor can still make enough compression to run with the remaining rotor side, and in multirotor engine, the other rotary would be completly unaffected by it

>it will be producing all of 2 hp which makes it nearly impossible to get you home.
nice bullshit, but lets pretend it actually is making 2hp, thats still better than a seized pisstonhshit engine

>wow if a car is fast in a straight line that means it's the best car in the world right? it's not like there are turns and curves in the road?

like i said, keep cherrypicking retard while ur "lol can't turn" v12 dragster flies off the cliff

I too can link youtube videos :)
youtube.com/watch?v=fuwHnqVuZps

>Be me
>2016
>Implying apex seals kek

>street outlaws

multiplied in a transmission with more than one gear.

I rev my pos wrx to 8k almost daily it hasn't blown up........... yet

>8+ liter pisston engines literally can't keep up with a 1.3 liter rotary

KEK
E
K

I rev my rx8 to 10,300 rpm everytime i shift, and I have nothing to worry about

>4 stroke 1200cc bike engine making 300hp
don't think so, only 2 strokes can rival the rotary at hp/kg, and those engines don't pass emissions either

>pisston cucks on suicide watch since 1957

Thats cool that you can rev higher with a motor designed to rev higher makes alot of sense

So when you downshift you drop the clutch at 10300rpm, and when your in 4th gear you make sure your at red line? You must drive like a fuck wit mate

Nobody cares even if it came down from heaven if you are just going to cherrypick.

your post sounds an awful lot like "ugh i'm so jealous his engine can handle literally any rpm thrown at it and he can even downshift while redlining. i'm gonna hoble over my piston car right now and lubricate it with tears"

Nah mate not jealous at all i like rotaries, my post was more about how this guy says he shifts at 10.3k rpm everytime when if he did he would sound like a douche

DORITO BTFO

the wankel is like old chevy v8s, easily obtainable and easy to make power, nothing really wrong with it

all rotaries are good

I love diagrams like this. Shit's fascinating.

> shift a little too late
> engine is gone

Don't these things need to be counterbalanced? I guess if it's a triple rotor maybe not

yes, single rotary kits based on mazda 13bs do need a counterweight

the liquid piston also has a counterweight since it has 1 rotor youtube.com/watch?v=0e785YnDmq0

tfw no mazda supercar

Just like the dorito. Unless you're going to say the dorito wasn't supposed to rev high