How the fuck does people drive when it rains? My windshield gets super wet and the cleaners don't work that well...

How the fuck does people drive when it rains? My windshield gets super wet and the cleaners don't work that well. Plus my side windows get droplets, the rear mirrors too. I literally can't see shit.

Is there any trick I'm missing? Fuck this rain bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3AFdUihWPCk
youtu.be/baFh6DiuVqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rain X your windows fag. I drive in storms without using my wipers because of that shit. Water beads up and slides off. Also change your wipers

>My windshield gets super wet and the cleaners don't work that wel
New wipers, stat.

>RainX or Invisible Glass
>Git gud windshield wipers fgt

What? i just started driving last month and i drove through a downpour rainstorm on a shitty road it's not hard

I my wipers are old

*and

This. RainX is fucking magical and takes like 5 minutes to apply

clean your windshield outside and inside

1. Use rain x or some other hydrophobic shit on your windows
2. Get some silicone based wiper blades, they dont have to be expensive either (most brand name blades are actually overpriced rubbish)

youtube.com/watch?v=3AFdUihWPCk

Was just about to type this. I like to use Silblades.

I need to get a better wiper motor, though. Mine has no intermittent speed (which is an option) and the fastest speed is still pretty fucking slow.

Buy a better fucking car.

Even in the worst rain, my car works fine. All-weather tires slice through the water, and living in a first-world country means there's good drainage 90% of the time. Also, FWD and proper suspension give good handling no matter the weather, and ESP/ABS/traction control do wonders.
Otherwise, maintaining your fucking car is a trick you're obviously missing.

He literally didn't say anything about the handling of his car. Just the water on his windows. 10/10 reading comprehension

>How the fuck does people drive when it rains? My windshield gets super wet and the cleaners don't work that well.

Wipers have no missing edges. If so, then water streaks after they go by. I don't mean a big blurry patch of water, but you see a thick line of water. This is caused when you use wipers on ice or crusty windows (bugs or something that stuck to the window and bulges upward). As the blade goes across, the object sandpapers or scratches the sharp edge of the wiper thus causing a water leak there. Clean your windows of thick bug deposits or ice before you use the wipers.

If you get big smeary patches of water on the window immediately after the blade moves over, then the windows are greasy. You should wipe the blades with paper towel dampened with windex (or equivalent) and then clean the glass with windex.

Also clean the inside of the windshield because any type of film or grime catches the lights at night and makes your vision blurrier. You can use a microfiber for this AFTER you clean most of the vapor-deposited oils and blown in smog/grime with a paper towel and windex.

I use the word "windex" but just any equivalent. You don't need to buy rain-X. I find that as rain-x wears off, it gets more annoying since there are patches that are clearer than others. This is a case where having "some good" is worse than having "nothing".

So the stereotype that Californians can't drive in the rain is true?

>Driving in heavy summer rain at night
>Have eurobeat, vaporwave, or Coast to Coast AM playing
>A/C on, cutting the humidity

Comfy as fuck

Californians can't drive for shit

of course it's true, but then again commiefornians have a hard time driving on a nice day too. anybody who lives in a semi-arid climate without regular rainfall is going to go batshit insane when it happens. just look at what happens to southerners when it snows.

>see racecar driver POV's while driving in rain

youtu.be/baFh6DiuVqo

How the fuck do these guys do that shit? I can't see a FUCKING THING from their POV.

>watching Orido BTFO Dorito meme and Evo in his Ridox Supra in POURING RAIN

B A S E D

Rain x is for plebs, pic related works like magic. It's a bit of a hassle to apply but it lasts longer than rain x.

This shit works so well I apply it to the side windows and the rear window, shit is cash.
So far one application has lasted 1 yrs and still repels water, my last windshield was a beast since I had been applying aquapel for years, too bad it cracked one winter morning.

Why does he turn when he accelerates??

Invisible glass is amazing for cleaning the glass inside out. Just did a 18hour drive and a couple squirts and light wiping cleaned EVERYTHING right off.

I don't have any rain x yet but will be getting some to apply after cleaning the glass in the future.

Have you replaced your wipers ever?

>confusing SoCal for all of CA
>1/4 of state gets more than 60"/yr of rain
>rainiest parts of CA get special rain pavement
stay jelly foreigners

I was just driving through the Nevada desert at night listening to Coast to Coast while on a roadtrip.

I don't think I've ever been that comfy.

They're countersteering. They're getting lots of wheel spin from the rain. The ass end of their cars want to be in front.

How do you clean windshield with heavy tough water spots? Ive tried different cleaner n vinegar too but they didnt work.

stop being a fucking chincy poorfag piece of shit who won't replace his windshield wipers

my friend was bitching about not being able to see shit in rain, I told him to get new wipers and he started off about how they're too expensive

fuck you if you're gonna be a poorfag you don't get the right to whine about rain

Coast to Coast fucking sucks now.

Actually it's been pretty bad for the last few years.

Honestly, you might need glasses OP. I accidentally found out I need them during a routine eye check up. It's a mild prescription, but it makes a world of difference during nighttime and rain conditions.

Samefag here.

Literally could not see shit at night or during rain. I can function normally now during these conditions.

>rainx all windows
>beady space ship feels

anyways my car is like 30 years old and only has 3, maybe 4 wiper speeds that all suck so I have to keep up on rainx along with a good wiper

Look into new blades for starters. Also, use household glass cleaner on all of your windows - water will bead and run off it.

>How do you clean windshield with heavy tough water spots? Ive tried different cleaner n vinegar too but they didnt work.

There are products such as "CLR" and "Lime Away" which are MUCH STRONGER than lemon juice or vinegar. Lemon juice from those small bottles at the supermarket or lemon juice from a fresh-squeezed lemon (slices of lemon) do take off mild amounts of calcium deposits on the windshield. I prefer mild acides instead of using those polishes since polishing also thins the glass.

If your calcium deposits have built up, then consider either CLR or Lime Away. But you have to be careful and not get any on the paint. Hear that? NONE on the paint. If you are a sloppy person and uncoordinated, then you'll have to apply CLR or Lime Away to a folded up paper towel (fold into a stick-like form) while wearing gloves. Even those cheap thick reusable dish-washing kitchen-cleaning gloves work.

Rinse it off by wiping carefully with paper towels and a baking soda solution. Then you can rise the rest off and use that opportunity to wash the car.

It's important to take off calcium deposits. Though they are low profile on the glass, they create an uneven surface that over time causes wipers to wear out their sharp rubber edges. When that happens, you get streaking or blurry patches on the windshield.

>Ive tried different cleaner n vinegar

You were impatient right? You just simply wiped and wanted instant results? People new to using vinegar or other weak acids make the mistake of having instant results just like windex removing dirt instantly after one quick wipe.

The vinegar soaks and reacts with the calcium to chemically react and remove it. If you have a good tough paper towel then you can briskly rub one spot and the vinegar will make the calcium spot disappear.

If you have citric acid in your kitchen pantry because you are a cook and baker, then you are in luck. Try citric acid on the calcium deposits on your window glass. Those powder drink mixes also have a lot of citric acid in them in particular those lemonade drink mixes. Try that as your source of acid.

Rinse off all acidic treatments from your rubber wiper blades. Acid is not good for rubber. That's why said to rinse and wash the car off. This will get rid of any careless stray droplets.

It feels autistic to use so many words. But one never knows how stupid or careless or sloppy people are when they read something and then try out the advice but perform it wrongly.