Just realized we haven't had an RWB welds thread in weeks. RWB welds general

Just realized we haven't had an RWB welds thread in weeks. RWB welds general

No RWB hardware general

or maybe exhaust?

Nice. Let me just grab my tools so I can start the install

I don't get the big deal, he's welding without a mask which isn't very easy.
Also, it's just an exhaust system, if a weld were to fail it wouldn't matter much at all other than being louder.
Also my garage looks the same with nuts and bolts everywhere, but I know where shit is and that's all that matters.
I bet OP doesn't even wrench on cars in a garage, probably rides a bus desu or drives a shitty lunch box that he takes to jiffy lube for an oil change lmao.

>I bet OP doesn't even wrench on cars in a garage, probably rides a bus desu or drives a shitty lunch box that he takes to jiffy lube for an oil change lmao
close, my car is kind of box shaped

I ain't impressed, sorry

>honorary stancefag, furfag, and now RWB supporter

Can't wait to see what you have next in your bag of tricks?

Aren't you the guy who hates RWD

Wrong tripfag

If he just puts some tack welds kind of layered onto each other it should be fine?

I don't understand this meme.

Pretty much, exhaust pipes aren't shit 2bh

Why would you think I was trying to impress anyone? Just letting you know that I wrench on cars that cost 100x what you work on in a clean shop, and can actually weld. Thought you were looking for a dick measuring contest.

That's some haggard garage shit
It will seal but wouldn't be as strong as a a single bead of weld

yeah thats why people like it
its #raw #tuff
its REAL, MAN
an ancient ghetto street samurai made my EXHAUST

So as long as a weld isn't structural, it's allowed to be shit?
Good to know.

>next episode: our JB weld solution doesn't work

heartbreaker doesn't like thing.

Why not? It's not going to kill anyone. And who's to say that it's not a temporary weld? Of course, even tack welds are supposed to be A E S T H E T I C.

Just don't drive over rocks or goes kaboom

For symmytrical seam welds they are both functional and A E S T H E T I C AF BAE
Not hard to fuck up unless you are really really retarded

Because quality.
You shouldn't just slide by when you could make a nice product otherwise. How hard is it to undo two bolts and drop the exhaust?

what

Yes the weld is going to be lower quality but just because it's not a beautiful 1g tig weave doesn't mean it won't get the job done. I guess if you're autistic and want to look under your car at it at all the time then it would matter??

Considering the amount of hype this guy generates and how much he charges for a build, you'd think his welds would look better than a shadetree mechanic with a Harbor Freight welder lol

You guys work at a shop and would feel OK sending work that looks like that out and telling the customer "it's fine it's not going to kill you"? If you sent your car to any exhaust shop outside of Tijauana, payed $150/hr+ and it came out looking like that you would be happy? Do you think they are going to cut corners/half ass the exhaust but do really good work elsewhere? And no, doing a bunch of small tacks is not just as good as doing a seam weld. Some 1" seam welds back to back maybe, but not tacking over and over, it's not going to get full and even penetration. GOOD welds can crack, exhausts vibrate a lot, doing 50 tacks around the pipe with your eyes close is not going to last.

So how do you know he actually sent it off like that?

It's Nakai's personal car, he's only a bodywork guy and doesn't know jack shit about mechanical stuff
Just hope he doesn't work on any other exhausts but his own car

that explains things. I know a body shop guy, 30 years experience, who drove around in an unpainted pickup because he didn't have time for his own truck and so he drove it around with primer splotches everywhere.

Fairly amusing how one man's 'good enough' is the rest of the welding world's 'fucking abysmal.' At least someone has to set the bottom end of the scale.

Bonus points for honestly believing that half the exhaust tract or a muffler falling off at traffic or highway speeds doesn't really matter, especially not to the traffic behind you. Fairly sure your mcscrape'n'vape sikko stanco mobile doesn't have the clearance to run over a muffler or tip, yet the squeaky whining that you'd shit all over this website if someone else's 'good enough' welding job ruined your front end would reach new levels.

Man I hope you are young and dumb. Otherwise, you just dumb.

When you got piles of customer cars to take care of, you really don't have the chance to do more than half assed repairs and touchups on your own car. See all the shops where their cars are gathering dust and flat spots because how busy they are.

Busy just means you take longer to do the job, not fuck the job up and cut corners. Blasting away with your eyes closed on a gasless MIG is a joke, not something anyone would attempt to do to actually hold two thermally cycling, vibrating pieces of metal together.

Maybe he does take longer. And as said, he's a body guy, not an exhaust guy. And as his own personal vehicle, good enough is good enough.

nothing wrong with this 2bh

the welds are another story tho

Nakai only works on 5-10 cars a year with a build time of less than a week for each car. He sells his kits and service for 30k.
Nigger ain't even busy when he's making money from installing a kit for a couple of days and getting paid for his "ARTISTRY"

Not long, heard from the guys at tunerworks in Calgary that he's been working on their car for about 5 days. Wish I showed up to the RWB meet though.
He pre plans his shit though.

Not good enough is not good enough, doesn't matter what brand sits above the steel or who holds the keys. Metal and filler doesn't care who layed it, it either bonds sufficiently or it doesn't.

If he takes that long to do that work, that's bad. If he takes not very long at all to do that work, that's bad.

The work is bad, straight up. Anyone looking at that thinking it's fine, such as MrCummy, can't weld. It has nothing to do with aesthetics. A poorly laid, oxidised, void containing weld will fail. Not may, will. Especially on an exhaust.

Calling yourself a bodywork guy, or a paintshop guy, or an alignment guy etc isn't a Get Out Of Jail Free card to spray metal everywhere and call it a day. No need to be a trade qualified welder to draw functioning, lasting and void free welds.

That's it man, a dirty workshop just means the workmen are not that great at housekeeping. I've seen some incredible work come out of incredibly messy workshops. It is a good sign when the workshop is clean though, gives a good impression that the work will be done cleanly.

>its a heartbreaker is still jealous of Nakai san episode

dropping this show