How badly will I regret this Ford Taurus purchase?

How badly will I regret this Ford Taurus purchase?

The SHO top version? Well it drinks pretty hard but you can smoke ricers and even some sports cars in it. Plus you have room for days in that thing. Get it in black or white and everyone will think you're a cop

These things can be pretty badass with just a quick ECU tune, boss has one, that thing is quick

Ford. That's a lot of regret.

>No drop top option

You should be filled with regret already

If you get the SHO you will shit on riceburners and have no regrets. I wish it hadn't been the Crown Victoria's replacement, but the Twin Turbo SHO is bretty gud.

>that guy who likes convertibles

You won't. It's incredibly fast.
this.

>the twin turbo
Every SHO is breddy gud except for the jellybean

It's not bad. I have an '11 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost (same as a '11 SHO). Couple things:

> Ford can't into decarb.
At 84K miles, mine needs a decarb. Bad. Can't find anyone out here to do it. Thinking about taking it back to Livernois and seeing if they'll do it.

> Warm and humid = loss of power.
One of the things I found driving through the Midwest was that when it was warm and humid out, throttle response was lazy.

> Transmission lag.
In manual mode, shifting takes longer than it should. A Livernois tune fixes this.

The MKS wasn't my first choice, nor was it in my top 5. But it worked out, and it's been a decent daily. I did 6500 miles from Seattle to Manhattan and back, in 10 days. Had to replace a coil pack in Nebraska, and got an oil change at the same time. But the car still ran, and I was able to drive without issue some 50 miles to the dealer on a questionable pack.

Other observations - The Sync unit in the 2013 is kind of short bus. Retrofits for the Sync 3 are starting to show up. It's expensive at $2K, but worth it. I was able to recover about $800 of that by selling the old unit.

sho owner here.

love my car, owned it about 8 months now and haven't had a single issue. literally the only thing wrong with it is that the rear window shade doesn't work, but who gives a fuck, i don't need it.

it's waayyyyyyy faster than my mustang (though it is an older one so that's not saying much). those 365 ponies really get it moving

it looks like a luxury car inside. every person that has gotten into the car comments about how nice it looks. great car to take on dates because it's fun and still kinda practical because lel 4doors. decent sized interior too. like i literally lost my virginity in the back seat of it, so theres plenty of room for that (avoid fatties though, anything beyond like 200 pounds is gonna be challenging to work with back there)

suspension ain't exactly luxury feel, more sporty, but that's so it can take corners better. just remember it is a heavy car, so don't expect miracles.

awd is nice, damn near impossible to get the wheels to spin no matter what type of weather you're in (great in snow too)

anything else you want to know op?

why the fuck does Ford USA not let Ford Australia sell the Falcon XR8 or GT in the US?

or the updated Supercharged FGX XR8

or onto something that will never happen
it's a shame you guys did not get the utes

Why? The Falcon utes atleast are crap.

explain to me how they are crap without using memes that circle cult Holden car boards

both cars have their merrits, my next car will be an SSZ VZ ute, but the falcons are good

their inline 6's are much better than the Holden V6's

>explain to me how they are crap without using memes that circle cult Holden car boards
I have no idea what those "memes" entail, but the reason the Ford utes are crap (specifically the performance versions) are due to pic related.
Sure, the XR6 turbo ute may be good for doing burnouts or highway pulls, but they handle like a pickup truck without the ability to carry a payload like one.

Alternatively the Holden ute not only maintains its sedan like build, but also the sedans underpinnings which allow it to turn as well as it goes.

And don't give us crap about the Ford's ability to carry a load better than the Holden. Check out the XR6 and XR8's payload capacity for yourself.

linked the wrong picture.

oh, and their inline sixes are only better than Holden's V6 if it's turbo'd.

so, basically if you want an overpowered dirtbike hauler and haven't mastered any driving ability other than mashing the throttle in a straight line, the Ford would serve you well.
However, when another marque can build a superior competitor without any drawbacks, goes to show how crap the Ford ute really is.

It's wrong wheel drive. You could get a used g37 or m45/56 or Pontiac G8 gxp.

Taurus is a boring full-size sedan.

>It's wrong wheel drive
The 4th gen SHO is AWD.

fwd until it slips isn't really awd.

LOL WRONG WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WRONG WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found that Frequent Or Daily Repair hasn't applied 2008

Not sure what changed

EcoBEAST V6s can easily make 500+ HP 450+ TQ with an easy tune

First of all, bullshit.
Second of all,
>fwd when awd is irrelevant isn't really awd
This is what you're literally saying.

>auto only
>haldex awd
>4,327 pounds
>16/24 city/highway
A fair bit. Save your money for a Chevy SS.

>it has paddle shifters
Not completely auto user

>this argument again
If it doesn't have a clutch pedal, it's an automatic.

I'd wait for Fusion Sport.

Yeah, that's still an auto.
I'd argue that. IMO the clutch pedal is arbitrary, and the defining measure is more to do with the construction and operation of the gearbox. For instance, an "SMG" or "DCT" could be considered an automated manual. A slushbox with paddles is still nothing more than auto though.

Full Of Regret Dude

this. so much this

This, my 2006 mazdaspeed6 has a FWD biased AWD system that sends up to 50% to the rear when it feels like it needs it, and it works flawlessly. It's instantaneous. There's never any weird lag or it correcting itself. It just goes, as if it were AWD all the time, but my mileage is better than if it were when I'm just doing 75 on the highway.

>$40k
>4100lbs
>365 hp
>Ford

Pretty regret

While FWD bias, it's still AWD, even without the front wheels slipping.

Also, traction control disables wheel slippage.

You'll regret it. Bigger and heavier than a crown Victoria, v6, fwd biased awd, smallest interior space of all the large size sedans.

Drinks fuel and shits transmissions. Great for a short term lease tho.

Got my 2010 for 17k last year. Thing is flawless but it has 100k on it

see

Goddamn nigga, the fuck you do that bitch?

I was pretending it was a mustang and drove it into a crowd of people

The guy who originally posted that said it was his neighbors.

Go ride euro cock somewhere else

just buy the fukin car user, you'll love it. makes sure its an SHO tho

protip: remove the tube on the blow off valve for maximum PSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

did the first one a month ago, just did the second this morning, it's loud as fuck