Hey Veeky Forums, first time posting here so please be gentle. I've been looking at getting a GM F body with an LS1...

Hey Veeky Forums, first time posting here so please be gentle. I've been looking at getting a GM F body with an LS1, would I be better off getting a Firebird Formula or a Camaro Z28? Or is it mostly cosmetic differences?

Other urls found in this thread:

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5644665920.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Firebirds have the Firebird tax.

the formula is worth it just because it doesnt have the horrid camero steering wheel

4th gen a best

What do you mean?
What's wrong with the Camaro steering wheel?
Yeah I was looking mostly at 4th gen for both

Ayyy LT1 Formula reportin in.

There aren't any differences between them except for cosmetics. I personally prefer the Firebird interior and looks but that's just me

>I was looking mostly at 4th gen for both
then definitley go with a fomula or Trans Am
1998-2002 have the ls1
4th gen firebirds look so much better than than 4th gen camaros

Hhhhhhhhnnnnngggggg

I alway wonder what the 5th gen firebird would have looked like

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5644665920.html
probably something like this
>82k

>What do you mean?

They're more expensive.

I think I've decided on the Formula. I think they look better and they're a bit cheaper in my area thanks for the info guys

Modded 3800 master race reporting in.

Interior and exterior differences, same chassis.

Trans am are the nicest camaros.

>V6
>Still pushed all the way up against the firewall

Fuck

Taking off the rear intake bolts and lift brackets from the cylinder heads isn't fun.

I feel your pain, done that on a v8 model.

Front suspension came apart rather easily for me, some people complain about how bad it is. Painted some of it tonight, pic related. Shiny shiny.

My entire front suspension is dickered. It's all OEM factory from 1997, even the shocks. When I get some more cash I'm going to redo it all.
Glad yours came apart easy, hope mine doesn't give me too much grief.

My rear suspension, however, has all been replaced with aftermarket goodies. There's really nothing factory left back there.

Very nice. I have not done anything to the back yet, going to have to save up a bit after the front is done. The back is stock 300k mile. Did you do yours all at once? I'm wondering about the rear lcas. I'm thinking about putting some in instead of redoing the stockers. I get wheel hop really bad, I'm hoping those would help cure it.

I had really bad wheelhop and put in Bilstein shocks which cured it. Everything else was still stock at that point.
Did swaybars next, then a QA1 panhard rod, then my LCA's and Torque arm together.
Springs are still stock, I have no intent of lowering this car.

The swaybars and torque arm make the most difference imo. Almost no body roll side to side and less nose dive during hard braking.

After I did my swaybars I swear I could feel my stock panhard rod deflecting / bending during hard tight cornering so that's why I put the QA1 in. I swear I could feel the rear end moving out a bit side to side.

I've had the car for seven years so I'm pretty in tune with how it handles and feels. Maybe I'm just autistic though.

Thinking about getting a firebird, just wanted to ask if yours was Manual or an auto? There are a couple of manual ones but they are highly modified and high miles, and a lot of the auto Trans Ams and Formulas are fairly low miles and babied.
That being said, would you happen to know how easy a manual swap would be on one?

Cool, bilsteins are what I'm probably going to end up getting. Plan to keep rear sway stock with poly bushings. I ha e an aftermarket Panhard bar with the poly bushings, but I believe the mounts are flexing a bit. I destroyed the old one towing a truck.

I have no intent on lowering mine either, springs are staying stock. There are supposed to be stiffer springs from a gm van that will fit, may do that but no ride-heighth changes.

I may have to look into tq arms since you said that, I always thought they were more for purpose drag cars, but if it keeps it stable better during braking that would be nice. Had mine for 13 years and it's had a shot suspension for about the last 6, this should be a nice change.

I got my 4L60E rebuilt with a bunch of goodies in it. 3400 stall too. I love it. My 1991 GTA is a 5 speed. I also love it.
Yes, people have done auto -> manual as well as manual -> auto. It's a decent amount of work. Not a beginner project that's for sure.
You can probably google on LS1Tech or other forums more on the subject than I can provide.

With my 255 wide MT ET Streets and rear suspension setup I can go WOT off the line at my local strip with zero wheelspin. It hooks right from a dead stop.

I'm not making much power right now though. Computer isn't happy with my big cam. Also still running stock injectors which are maxed out.

sell it
get a maxima

That's not how you spell Ecoboost