Hey Veeky Forums I have always liked small agile cars that are fun to drive...

Hey Veeky Forums I have always liked small agile cars that are fun to drive. I know they are not the fastest cars out their but I dont care about going to fast, its too damn crowded where i live anyways.

What are some upsides/downsides to new mx5's (2015/2016), are they reliable? what common issues do they give? What other options are their in this price range/category?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=610318
grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/i-guess-the-nd-miata-has-transmission-issues/118303/page1/
caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-fiat-124-spider-abarth-tested-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

better than the toyobaru in every single aspect

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=610318

grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/i-guess-the-nd-miata-has-transmission-issues/118303/page1/

in the same boat as you OP, probably gonna get a used 2009+ boxster s (no ims issues)

or Abarth 124 depending on availability and head to head comparisons with BR-Z/ND

Wow had no idea they where that competitive with the toyobaru. Guess I will cross the toyobaru off the list of other potential options.

> Guess I will cross the toyobaru off the list of other potential options.

i wouldn't do that yet, there have been lots of small changes to the MY2017 toyobaru , should wait for reviews.

I also am really interested in the abarth 124 as well. I But i have always had doubts about the reliability of FCA, I know way to many people that have had issues with chryslers, jeeps, dodges. How good is the fiat engine on the 124?

I know is just a bait image but it's interesting that the 'pigfat' NC is still 100kg+ lighter than the toyobaru

A really clean NC2 + money left over for mawdz might be another option OP

Not a bad idea, but really do want a new car though. Finally have a decent job, after years of crap jobs, and only bad used cars.

looks worse, and personally I don't fit well inside of a miata at 6'2

The engine the 124 is actually more of an Alfa Romeo engine. It's been in use for 7 years so all the issues have been worked out already. In other words, its pretty reliable and you can extract some decent power out of it.

I expect the media, especially bigger publishers, to continue riding meme machines (miata's) dick and will try to discredit the 124 though.

For example, there's no way in hell you can get a 5.8 0-60 in the ND miata. You would be incredibly lucky to get below 7 seconds, even at low altitude.

Thanks for the replies guys, in this few replies you guys have given me really good and constructive advice. Might just end up waiting on 124 then

the abarth 124 is an ND miata With a super tuner-friendly turbo engine that gets to 230 wheel horsepower with little effort, its the stock turbo miata we always wanted and it took the fucking spaghetti fucks to make it happen

the engine is reliable though, the only reliable thing FCA makes

speaking of waiting, you may do well to wait a year and buy a used 124, analysts are saying it'll depreciate down to like 23k after one year from 32k because of the fiat badge

Im not to sure about the huge depreciation on them. With the 124 u have a really good looking, convertible, sports car. The demand will be strong for them so i dont see a that big of a price drop.

i must have seen you posting this same thing 100 times

5.8 for 0-60 does seem way to fast for it

Have the released the 0-60 on the 124?

caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-fiat-124-spider-abarth-tested-review

Car & Driver released their instrumented test, the Abarth clocked in at 6.7 seconds compared to 5.9 seconds they got with the ND

Some serious bullshittery going on here, you can tell from the tone of the writing that the author was ready to shit on the 124 to make the internets favorite meme machine look better.

Do you live in America? If so get a 4cyl or V6 Camaro. If not, the miata or 124 is a great choice and very reliable

dont. i dont think cars like these should be compared with numbers, but rather try them for yourself. Try GT86. Try MX-5 Try Abarth. and maybe other car. Feel, dont count

>liked small agile cars that are fun to drive
>cross the toyobaru off the list

wut

to be fair, the torque dip in the toyobaru is pretty annoying, hopefully they fix it with all the new engine changes though

its worth mentioning because the fix it again tony is strong around here

you are vastly underestimating the power of brand on depreciation, variations in-brand on depreciation tend to be extremely slight if at all

Everyone will think you're homosexual, could be an up or downside for you.