How does snap on even stay in business...

how does snap on even stay in business? i needed a tool box and the prices they are sold for could be used as downpayment for a house. even their hand tools are way over priced. i can get the same tool from another brand for less like from matco, mac, and gearwrench. i went to harbor freight and bought a toolbox from them for 800USD compared to snap on which is 5000USD

Because Snapon offers warranty for professional use. Big box store tools often have it written right into the warranty that its void if there is suspicion that the tool was used or broken when used professionally.

Plus the quality tends to be much higher.

>how does snap on even stay in business?
memes and idiots

there is another way

Because the fit, finish, and quality of the tools. I don't know any dingus who would pay full price for a snap on toolbox, but their ratchets are very nice.

Actually this.

People buy it

And like you said; it's crazy expensive. A SO wrench set is almost double the cost of any other american made set.

Harbor Fright.

Because they are great and have a premium brand? When you earn your living with tools you don't cry over price like a Veeky Forumsutist poorfag shitposter.

MAC, Matco, Cornell, S&K etc make great tools, they are perfectly serviceable in a professional environment. What SnapOn does not make themselves they source from the best so many specialty tools are equivalent. Where the other brands fall short is in the shop dick swinging contest. The king shit of the bays will have a EPIQ box/hutch/chest monster.

I like their ratchets very much. And if I didn't already have a service cart I'd have one of theirs.

You pay for the convenience of their truck dropping by every week.

It's stuff for professionals who make their living using tools

A hobbyist buying Snap On stuff for their home garage is borderline retarded

Subaru mech here.
My toolbox is filled with harbor freight snap on matco mac Stanley and husky.
My tool box is a used mac tools box. About to trade it in for a 1000$ dollar snap on cart

I just spent $5000 on snap on. No ragrets

They stay in business because their markup is extremely high and even selling at half price to students they make a killing on the tools. But the thing is all tool trucks are around the same prices. You just need to shop for the best value out of them. I've walked on the mac truck at work and a set of impact sockets I want are 400$, the next day Matco has a similar set for 180$. Some things are better deals on different trucks, some things are smarter to buy cheap, while some things require a little quality or you'll be buying 100 of them

Did you get a socket set and a couple of pry bars?

Have spent at least 35k on snap on tools and box. Mainly for electric impacts and anything that has a moving part.

I work on semi's and mine equipment. I get paid 80k a year to fix stuff. If my tools don't work, I can't do my job. I can't waste time running to harbor freight every five minutes to warranty there crap. Not to mention the shipping out to Alaska.

If I rebuilt a 20k cat engine with a pitsburg torque wrench I wouldn't have a job for long.

Point is, snap on is for professionals. Not hobby people.

That said I have some pitsburg wrenches(2"+) and some sockets that I cut up to make custom tools.

>Working on my car at a friends house
>Ask for a ratchet
>He says "Be careful, it's a 100 dollar ratchet"
>I say your moms a 100 dollar ratchet"

That is all.

I will never buy Snap On again. Literally biggest overpriced shit ever. It's a joke. The only thing worth the money is their hand tools. Everything else is just overpriced to fuck people.

lol nice

>mfw my buddy using the handle of his snapon ratchet to punch a bushing out of a pedal assembly

Their ratchets, spanners and sockets are great. Everything else is meh or rebranded.

If you're a legit mechanic and you use tools every day, all day, you want the best tools.
Or if you are a major enthusiast it's good too.
It's worth the cost. You get super high quality.

t. Snap-On user

Learn one thing: Always ask what they have used, repo'd, or traded in. The prices are halved and the warranty carries over. Half my snapon is used and everything used works just fine. When it stops working, i'll hand it in for a new one. Dont be afraid to be that jew.

Weren't you pretending to be a tech yesterday?

>tech
Yeah I own a multimeter too

I abuse the shit out of my warranty. It's worth the extra money to only have to buy a tool once. Especially when I rely on them to earn a living