Help me out. Veeky Forums. I don't know shit about cars, but I always liked the civic si...

Help me out. Veeky Forums. I don't know shit about cars, but I always liked the civic si. I test drove it a month ago (2017 model) and it was amazing, but the price is too high. What should I do?

>driving a 2004 manual civic right now for the past 5 years.
>it's about to die

Sorry I meant the 2016 model. If I could afford it I'd get the 2017 for sure.

How is it about to die?

Your civic is better than this new piece of shit.

How is it better?

My transmission is fucked. Only gears 1 and 2 and 5 really work at this point.

Better visibility
No traction control and maybe abs
Doesn't have shitty modern car design

>poorfag benchracer arguments
btw you can turn off traction control on new cars

You are retarded the 01-05 civic is literally the worst fucking civic ever made.
I don't know what car you drive but they halted production for the si in2015

Buy one that's coming off lease, two years old or so.

>it's about to die
I'm sure it could be saved.

Is it worth the money though? Like to get a new transmission and clutch?

well how's the interior? is the outside rusted? how's the paint? is it a dx or lx or ex?

Interior is shitty. Outside rusted. Paint is chipping. And I'm not sure which one. It doesn't even have a fucking tach.

A new car doesn't have to be an si. Any other recommendations are more than welcome guys. I just want to keep it under $23-25k.

so it's probably not worth it.

how much do you make a month? how much cash do you have for a down payment? do you know your credit score?

I make about $2k a month, which means I can put down $1k for a down payment. And I have no credit. I only use debit.

You're gonna get raped on the interest rate. You should save up 3k and buy a new shitbox in better condition. Then get a credit card to build credit. You'll have good enough credit in a couple years to finance a newish car.

Honestly just buy another (cleaner) civic or something comparable for less than $4k and save up/build your credit for something better.

Get an 8th gen civic si. Like an 08 or later. Way better than 9th gens

How so? My coworker said the exact same, but he didn't say why

Might try looking at the RSX-S. Chances are you'll enjoy it. You would probably be better off buying another used Honda/Acura.

Alright guys thanks for the input. You pretty much helped me out to make better decisions.

Mods you can delete this thread if you want.