So, aftermarket seats. What's your opinion on them Veeky Forums...

So, aftermarket seats. What's your opinion on them Veeky Forums? I'm looking at some Recaro Speeds for my miata since my stock seats even with foamectomy are too high for me. Also I got them at a good price ($650 a pair).

Any other good seats with room for a 5/6 point harness at a similar pricepoint?

What seats are you running in your car?

Don't think you can go wrong at that price. Perfect boyracer/daily seats, and you'll be able to resell them at close to that price all day everyday.

did they sell one at a time ?
my seat is shit plus i would have an exuse not to let people in or out from my side

Nah, it's some weird import business. They had ordered a bunch for some club, I think subaru guys, and not everyone paid for their seats, so they had to get rid of them.

*rid of them 2 at a time

well i guess one of them crashed before they got the seats
they could have reduce the price a little thought

>Recaros in a miata
Recaros are for HIGH SPEED driving user, you may as well have bench seats in there

Apparently a set of these guys new is like 2k, so honestly paying $650 is good in my book. THey're pretty good looking honestly, even if they were used doesn't really look like it. The other ones I had in mind were these Sprint V, but apparently they're a real pain in the ass for dd, and there aren't many used ones cheap since the FIA cert is still good.

>HIGH SPEED
I go 70 sometimes, does that count?

kek i miss read some sites i thought it was 600 the pair but it's single for this price
so yeah you got them for cheap

Recaro are OEM for Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari etc etc. They're the GOAT aftermarket seat.

I've been DDing a Sprint for about 7 months since my current DD is also my rallycross car. I've driven over two hours straight multiple times and felt no more discomfort than I did in any other car seat.

Dangerous. Seat belts become dangerous. Mounting points may not be correct which is dangerous. May sit too low which is dangerous. Doesn't have the same adjustments which is dangerous and uncomfortable. They have no give which is dangerous because you will just be squished into the seat.

They're uncomfortable. I never understood people that do this. I bet they regret the decision right away. I've driven these cars with racing seats and they're stupid. They're hard to get out of.

They're ok if they come with the car from factory because they're most likely more padded and have adjustments and are at the right height and the seatbelt is integrated into the seat.

There is nothing wrong these

Like I said if they come factory they're likely safe. And more comfortable. You could actually get out of those easily unlike aftermarket racing seats.

They are aftermarket, just Recaro

No. They match the interior. They're factory.

And they're probably from a 350z which is the same car as the g35 so they were chosen for mass production cars and are safer probably.

+1 for SR3 Recaro's

I agree they can be dangerous IF you mount them incorrectly. If you use a good seat with brand name brackets and mount the harness properly, they can actually be safer than most other seats and reduce the need for an airbag, which is useful especially if your car has no airbags, like mine.

More importantly: thoughts on bootleg seats

Honestly fine most of the time. Although if you track seriously you won't pass tech without the certs on real seats.

Anyone ever fallen for the leather meme?
Never again.

Not as bad as vinyl. I've never had a swampier ass. Although ventilated leather is pretty alright, comfy as fuck

I bought my car with corbeau fx1 pros (fixed) and just changed to corbeau a4s. Met some guy who wanted to swap straight up so worked for me. Never sat in stock seats but many people say they are subpar. I had the a4s base shaved so I can gain a bit of headroom. Unfortunately I am limited to choices as the c5 offers very little in terms of choice for aftermarket seats.

There is a VERY large difference between the Sparco you posted and the Recaros in OP.

The Recaros recline and are not unibody, which means they won't pass tech inspection in pretty much every class of race.

I'm really not doing any serious racing, I'm mostly running in autox and some trackdays, so support and some amount of comfort for dd is really what I'm after. Also, the recaros look cool.