Veeky Forums, is this a good car for a college student?

Veeky Forums, is this a good car for a college student?

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5661861742.html

For $3.2k there must be a catch, right? High maintenance costs?

Well it's the faggot/girl model of the Mustang, so there's that to remember

>auto
>convertible

shut up and buy a civic

The catch is it's literally the heaviest slowest Mustang. You will be fucked with and humiliated by every boy racer on the road.

Read the fucking sticky

>you just described the mustang II

dumb fuck

I got the 01 GT and like it

The catch is that it's a convertible v6 mustang

>V6
>Auto
>Convertible

You can't do it worse than that when buying a mustang.

Can we stop parroting this? At best it's "go look up some of these cars, maybe", it's not a fucking guide

Depends on whether you enjoy the romantic company of other men or not

I would avoid convertibles.

>is this car good for X
>is this a good "first" car

I don't get these questions. What fucking difference does it make if you are a college student, a banker, or a fucking grandma. First car, last car, it doesn't fucking matter.

Any car that works is fine.

College implies youth and few responsibilities as well as lower amount of expendable cash

Aren't they all?

>Dunkin' Donut's Iced Coffee in cup holder
Not only is the automatic convertible more expensive to repair if (read: when) something goes wrong and more expensive on gas, it's been driven by a woman which statistically tells you it's been driven harder with less attention to maintenance. At least get a VIN number and checked.

not only is it a v6 but its auto and a convertible
literally, no

how could you think this is a good deal without knowing the millage? it could have 160k miles

iirc they're car alarm is super finicky and shitty

They...they do not handle snow well I can tell you from personal experience

Got mine for 2k and it costed me another 600 to repair the manifold, this is apparently an extremely common problems for this generation so beware, but a few months later the starter blew so that was another 400 or so I don't recall but I think I was jipped on that one but I was desperate since I need my vehicle pronto

You're a college student considering buying a old V6 Mustang, so I'm going to assume you don't have much money. Besides being an impractical and bad car, it's a horrible financial decision. You're going to have to deal with all of the bad parts of sports cars (constant, expensive maintenance with no practicality) and literally none of the good parts (actually going fast).

Buy a Civic

Not gonna lie I'm diggin those seats. A shame about the garbage plastic interior

This thread is full of knee-jerk canned responses and nonsense.

No catch OP, v6 new edge SN-95's KBB around $3-4k even in good condition. It would be a better mustang if it had the v8, even a manual v6 is a pretty fun car. An auto convertible mustang will be a nice cruising car and girls can't be bothered to know that it isn't really a nice car so you're fine. In terms of maintinence it's a 90's ford, they are reliable, but the build quality isn't great so you'll probably find a decent amount of squeaks, rattling, and other noises. The interior was designed in 1993 and was never updated, and the default exhaust makes it sound like a Ford Taurus. Idiots in this thread think that mustang maintinence is somehow more epensive than a civic, it isn't. Mustangs aren't sports cars, they are made from off the shelf components usually stuff sourced from really common cars which keeps them cheap to work on.

TL;DR it's fine, you won't impress anyone on Veeky Forums with it but who gives a fuck about that

This guy is being pretty level headed about it.

I heard the stronger Lincoln Continental motor fits nicely in there and its stronger to boot

The catch is it's a piece of shit.

Serious

They handle anow just as well as any rwd fucktard. Learn to winter tire, learn to drive.

>convertible
im fucking triggered

It's actually a piece of shit to drive.

Even worse that it's auto, but the manual in sn95s feels like shit too, worst clutch.

>new edge
>convertible
>v6
>owner puts it on a pedestal
>asking for first car

this gets everyone literally every single time and i have no idea how