Remember the super-cool self powered cars that were going to be affordable for only 8k...

Remember the super-cool self powered cars that were going to be affordable for only 8k? as long as you send them a non-refundable deposit? Remember the Elio? What a scam.

Other urls found in this thread:

observer.com/2015/09/three-years-later-kickstarter-scammers-still-holding-onto-1m-without-care-from-ftc/
insidermonkey.com/blog/the-5-biggest-kickstarter-scams-that-swindled-backers-donations-333225/
gizmodo.com/the-9-most-disgraceful-crowdfunding-failures-of-2015-1747957776
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rip

>people paying ANYthing for the POSSIBLITY of a car

they get what they deserve

What sane person anywhere thought the Elio was anything other than Vaporwear?

how many times are there going to be scams about efficient 3 wheeled cars?

there's been like 4 major scams already.

>Early Access - but with a car and the Beta cost is $1000

It might've worked if they were $9,990 and built in mexico.

well, the've made working prototypes, so i don't know if that counts as vaporware

literally none of them ever had the engine they claimed would get the 80+ mpg's

as many times as it'll take for the 3 wheel cheap """car""" fad people like to wisen up
so never

what was that car company in the 80s run by a tranny?

>84 mpg makes it easy to maintain

Twentieth Century Motor Car Corporation

and those prototypes literally had the engine from an early 90's Geo Metro. I'll believe it when they finally unveil the new engine they've supposedly been designing.

aha that was it

The was thing, the cars with the Metro engine did 50-60 mgp (according to them) they never actually tested or produced a car with the magic engine that could get 80+ mpg, and were purposefully evasive about it

Same thing when they claimed it would get a 5 star crash test rating even though no one was ever able to technically explain how

>Veeky Forums users
>sane or rational

Supposedly an Indian company is making the engine... because as we all know, the Indian automotive industry is world renowned for cutting edge engine technology! /s

It's not that it couldn't be built - there have been a number of 3 wheeled vehicles put on the market in recent years - but none of them make grandiose claims of super cheap prices and massive scale production from nothing...

>well, the've made working prototypes, so i don't know if that counts as vaporware

They CLAIMED to have made working prototypes. Many other scammer sites on kickstarter have done the same thing and then run off with the money. In some cases over a million dollars of money.

observer.com/2015/09/three-years-later-kickstarter-scammers-still-holding-onto-1m-without-care-from-ftc/

insidermonkey.com/blog/the-5-biggest-kickstarter-scams-that-swindled-backers-donations-333225/

gizmodo.com/the-9-most-disgraceful-crowdfunding-failures-of-2015-1747957776

>Same thing when they claimed it would get a 5 star crash test rating even though no one was ever able to technically explain how

That reminds me of the recent made in China tire whose company claimed it outperformed Michelin Pilot but was all season. The treads even had perfectly symmetrical shoulder blocks so the road vibration would be noisier. Even the cheapest USA tires vary the sizes of shoulder blocks to reduce droning noise.

>Same thing when they claimed it would get a 5 star crash test rating even though no one was ever able to technically explain how
Wasn't it some bullshit that it was tested as a motorcycle/trike not an actual car, thus allowing it to get a high score? Also I made this for you LPG.

I've driven the orange prototype, hopefully driving the red prototype this weekend.