Then turbo
Anybody got better idea

Other urls found in this thread:

ironhydroxide.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=9OSW5NOA1Rk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>3.8L
Put a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 in it instead.

You'll never finish and your wife will leave you.

This guy built an RB20 DET Ranger
ironhydroxide.blogspot.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=9OSW5NOA1Rk

I'm not married so fuck you

>>get ranger
>> find cheap bed with rust, add fender flares
>>buy cheap rusted manual Rwd 5.0 exploder
>>swap motor,tranny and rear end
>>weld rear end
>>rip sum skidz
>>swap o

cram an ls1 in it, or dorito.

I'm just stuck between the 302 and the 3.8 due to concerns about the difficulty

Holly fuck.
Utility bed on a ranger frame?!
That bed is 900 pounds (p!us any cargo)- on a truck rated at what, 500?
No big deal if it would have been one load of firewood on a Saturday. But day after day of bounding around with that may have caused some serious frame damage.

Ya it was fun getting it off

With nothing but a jack and a come along

There's hundreds of step by step guides for 5.0 swaps online, the 3.8 not so much. There's also the Svo/merkur/turbocoupe 2.3 swap if you can find one.

>Anybody got better idea

not building a ranger

i'd probably have gone for an el camino.

Bump.

Just put a 302 in it and call it a day. Best of luck with the build. Be sure to post results

I was building a drift truck too. 87' Bagged Yota longbed. Got a W58 trans and was going to cut the front frame apart and weld in suspension mounts for coilovers. Then get a $500 LS400 donor car for the 1uz and mate it to the W58 trans. I ended up building another project instead so this thing is just hangin out. Still kinda fun to drive with the 22r. Makes noise, goes nowhere.

This is fucking sick
I wanna trade my 4wd fur a 2wd now

If I'm being honest this truck is kind of a shit show. If I were you I'd keep the 4wd, especially if you have a 22re setup. The 4wd Yotas at least kinda hold their value and if you intelligently modify them you will see some of that money back if you decide sell it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my little long bed, X cab, but no matter how much money you dump into a 2wd Yota, it's always gonna be worth about $1000.

My truck isn't work shit, salvage title with a poorly running 22r
I was gonna put a 5.3 in it but I decided to put that in my Volvo instead.
Might still do it later.

Worth shit* oops

If you do want to go V8 I'd seriously consider the 1UZ. It's dirt cheap, reliable, and will theoretically minimize the amount of custom work you have to do since it can bolt to transmissions that will fit in our trucks without the need for custom driveshafts or mounts. That being said I think you have to get one specifically out of the LS400 because the SC400 1uz has a rear bowl sump instead of a front bowl sump that interferes with the steering rack. Can't remember for sure. Google that shit.

Ehh I'd rather get an LS platform, way more aftermarket.
I can make custom driveshafts and do axle swaps etc so that's not really an issue.
I'm not a fan of Toyota engines tbqh pham

To do coilovers what all would I end up doing
Or can I get away with the stock suspension to be able to fuck with the camber

>manual Rwd 5.0 exploder
t.never owned and exploder

Lol faggot 5.0 exploders only came with the 4r70w 4 speed auto. A good Majority of 5.Sl0ws are awd, most 2wd are in the western states.

You better take of that 1 ton service box

put a 454 in it
front wheel drive
supercharger
dual turbo
new racing cam
tires (to make drifting easier just do a burn out for like 3min and check the tread until its worn, you want to be able to control the front end but let the back slide around)

Cool shit
I have a diesel 81 vw rabbit pickup that I'm in the process of 2jz swapping for a mad hectic drift truck

Forgot the motor

Engine*

You're right, I've owned a few blazers though. You can still use the motor, 8.8 rear and use a mustang tranny.

>egotripping while adding nothing to the convo: the posts

i know 3 guys who rolled rangers drifting lol. first thing is lower that thang.

Ya I planing on axle flip in the back and then lowering shocks in the front

Cool as fuck being the same picture

Wait, are you planning on drifting that 300 or are we still talking about the OP's truck? I'm 'pretty' sure the Rangers have torsion bar suspension which means you definitely need to convert the front to Coilovers (custom fabrication). If you're talking about that 300, I have no idea but I wouldn't drift it DESU.

needs 3.5 liters and two turbos to make any semblence of power

costs more than an ls1