a good punch,
great steering, I want tight turns
nice electronics inside
good safety features
newish
under 30k
What are my options?

Other urls found in this thread:

tribunecontentagency.com/article/comparison-2016-chevrolet-camaro-rs-vs-2016-ford-mustang-ecoboost-turbo-bronies-childish-fun-with-cars-were-supposed-to-hate/
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-camaro-v-6-vs-2016-ford-mustang-ecoboost-comparison-test
motortrend.com/news/ecoboost-mustangs-getting-slower/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My dick

What's wrong with fwd

Scion FRS/Subaru brz

Ford focus rs 35k

If you drop 2-door you could get an Evo or STi.

Your options are:
Mazda MX-5
Scion FR-S
Toyota 86
Subaru BRZ
Fiat 124 Spyder
Chevrolet Camaro LT V6

Personally, I'd get the Fiat or the Chevy.

Infiniti G37

alternatively, Nissan 370z

This is now a 124 Spyder thread.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

M U S T A N G
U
S
T
A
N
G

>slower and worse handling than the V6 Camaro
gtfo

>still faster than the 4 cylinder camaro
Stay mad.

slower in a straight line than the I4 Camaro. which has 40 HP less.
>yfw you realise the Camaro's ecotec I4 has a superior powerband

fiat 124

>slower in a straight line
[citation needed]

>superior power band
[citation needed]

tribunecontentagency.com/article/comparison-2016-chevrolet-camaro-rs-vs-2016-ford-mustang-ecoboost-turbo-bronies-childish-fun-with-cars-were-supposed-to-hate/
>That was then. This is now. We have before us two turbocharged four-cylinder ponycars, a Mustang and a Camaro, that can nearly keep pace with my teenage dream. The Camaro makes 275 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. The Mustang: 310 hp and 320 lb-ft. (The Firebird, in case you were wondering, made 305 hp and 335 lb-ft.) The Camaro hits 60 mph in 5.2 seconds and runs a 13.9-second quarter mile at 101.0 mph, and the Mustang, 230 pounds heavier, needs 6.3 seconds for the former and 14.5 seconds for the latter at 98.0 mph. Welcome to the future.

lol

not an argument

You claimed it had a superior powerband but the reviewers in the article clearly said the mustang was better for daily driving.

Not even the same person. Why would someone benchrace a car is faster than call someone else a benchracer? Get your head out of your ass. Even if you owned either car, which you don't, it wouldnt matter because you couldn't come within 10 seconds of any laptime.

>completely ignores price difference
>comparing a base model to a well optioned competitor
btw, the ecoboost is an upgrade over the V6 in the Mustang, while the turbo ecotec is standard n the Camaro. Just as the ecoboost is an extra cost option on the Mustang, the V6 is the same on the Camaro, so the Ecoboost really competes with the Chevy's V6, where the Mustang falls even flatter on its face.
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-camaro-v-6-vs-2016-ford-mustang-ecoboost-comparison-test
>The EcoBoost has its work cut out for it against the Camaro’s new direct-injected V-6, which is a harlot of an engine; smooth enough for polite company but nasty when you want it to be. We’ve run a six-cylinder Camaro to 60 mph in as little as 5.1 seconds, but even at 5.5 seconds in this test, the V-6 is probably only about a second slower to that mark than the Camaro SS with its stonking 455-hp 6.2-liter V-8 (when equipped with a manual transmission). And that might be the ultimate measure of the two middle-rung cars we’ve tested here: How often while driving one of them would you regret not having purchased the V-8? The answer is, in the case of the Camaro, not very often. In the Mustang the answer would be always.

>hurr durr the camaro is faster
>gets btfo
>excuses
lol
>"completely ignores the price difference"
There is no price difference. They cost the same.

>moving goalposts to the camaro V6
You claimed the 4 cylinder is better, it clearly isn't. Stay mad.

>You claimed the 4 cylinder is better, it clearly isn't.
I never said that. I said the 4 cylinder Camaro was faster in a straight line and had a better powerband, which the original article confirmed. Then you went and brought corners into it which was completely irrelevant to the argument. Even the car and driver article criticized the Ecoboost Mustang's powerband and power delivery.

I did not move the goalposts. Stop projecting retard. The Ecoboost Mustang directly competes with the V6 Camaro, while the I4 Camaro competes with the V6 Mustang. wow. what a concept.
Both cars have almost the same base price and the engine upgrades are again almost the same in price, so the ecoboost Mustang will always cost more than the Ecotec Camaro, but will cost the same or similar as the V6 Camaro.

Stop moving goalposts you fucking retard.

This Chevy fangirl is mad af lmao

>get shown up
>lol u mad
no. You're just retarded.

So, you agree the ecotec is inferior to the EcoBoost? Great! I'm glad we're on the same page.
>even car and drivers article criticized the EcoBoost mustang powerband
And the other article said the ecotec was dogshit under 3000 rpm. What's your point?

>the EcoBoost directly competes with the V6 mustang
No, it doesn't. It costs way more.

>it will costs the same
pic related
an ad hominem isn't an argument

>Mustang GT
>32k

>Camaro V6
>31k

>GM fangirls will justify this

>the EcoBoost directly competes with the V6 Mustang
Ooops. Meant to say camaro.

>gm fangirl literally rage quit
You have to be an idiot to pay 32k for a base model camaro V6.

G37 or the car it failed to beat in any meaningful segment, the 335.

define newish

I'm thinking Lexus IS, but I forget if it's a 2dr or not. It comes on awd and rwd.

>V6 Camaro
>base model
pick one.

Lotus Elise

Turbo Miata

Regular cab Tacoma

Used 2014 V8 Mustang or Camaro.

The Lexus IS is 4 door only. Always has been, unless you get the convertible.

I'd say go for an infiniti or a Nissan, great bang for your buck imo

Mustang ecoboost

Idk what bullshit magazine you pulled this from but ive never heard ecoboosts doing 6 second 0-60

Maybe they were using regular fuel and running on four spare tires lmao

Ecoboosts consistently get low 5 second 0-60 runs

it cant compete

>recommending korean shit
>over glorious EcoBoost
>ever

Why are Mustang fans so delusional? I don't care which car is better, but when you get shown up in an argument you started, you can't just say the GM guy ragequit. He won the argument. The Ecoboost Mustang is shit, has shit power delivery, a shit powerband, and is fucking pigfat, especially next to the Camaro. Remember a few years ago when no one would recommend the Camaro because it was heavier than the Mustang and not much better in corners? Now the Camaro is lighter than the Mustang, faster in a straight line no matter the model, and outhandles the Mustang any day of the week , yet you delusional retards still won't recommend it. Get off your fucking high horse (pun intended) and come back down to Earth. Or alternatively, get your head out of your ass. It's not a hat.
The recently redesigned Camaro is better than the Mustang. Get over it.

meanwhile the Turbo and V6 Camaros (and remember the Ecoboost Mustang competes with the V6 Camaro) get to 60 in low 5 seconds and both do 13 second 1/4 miles.

Volkswagen Beetle is the only real choice

>210hp
>2.0L turbocharged v6
>optional paddle shifting
>Dat power-to-weight ratio

I believe it's 24k for the turbo engine, add 5k for the highest trim package.

>shitty Golf with a bodykit and stripped of all its practicality

>F W D
>W
>D

That must be taken with a grain of salt because every new test of the Ecoboost Mustang shows they're getting slower.
motortrend.com/news/ecoboost-mustangs-getting-slower/

>v6
You mean I4.

Z4 M coupe/roadster
This is your best option

MK4 supra, but depending on where you live, you might not be able to find one for 30k. they're really, really nice

>2 door powerful RWD car with good steering and nice electronics
sounds like it's time for a BMW thread

The forgotten king of 2 door cars.

They have officially fallen under the 25k price tag

Guys can I get an 80s rwd hatch/coupe for under 2.5k?

Want to learn basics of rwd before I get myself an AW11. I would probably an hero if I crashed an AW11

ayy boi.
I got one of those :3

why not 90?

cars in that range:
1982-1992 Chevrolet Camaro
1982-1992 Pontiac Firebird
1984-1988 Nissan 200SX (S12 chassis)
Z31 Nissan 300ZX
1979-1993 Ford Mustang
MK3 Toyota Supra
FC Mazda RX-7

Though the best car you can get that will prepare you for an AW11 is the AW11's biggest rival, the Pontiac Fiero. Cornering limits are similar, it handles like a MR car because it is one. just as reliable, more comfy, easier to work on, safer, just as fast, in budget, easier to find. but the big thing that makes a Fiero a better beginner MR than the AW11: It's more forgiving. You benchracers completely underestimate how important this is in an MR car
>but muh laptimes, MUH FEELS
don't matter when you're trying to fucking learn. Having a car that forgives you for making a mistake instead of a razors edge MR2 that will snap oversteer at the slightest provocation is a fucking god-send.
And no. The snap oversteer isn't a meme. It really is a big problem with MR2's and no FR car can prepare you for it, but an Fiero can.

370z maybe?

They have good steering

E89 s23 / s28 are much nicer looking tho

the first gen Z4 looks better from the rear
it's distinctive, the only thing bangle did that was actually good
and even if the E89 did look better it's certainly not worth losing over a hundred horsepower since you'd have to get a low trim to fit in a $30k price range

Thank you so much!

The reason I asked was specifically because the AW11 is not a beginners rwd.
Ideal would be an S12 but I will have trouble finding one.

I'm going to go look for a Fiero. Again, thanks a lot user.

This.
Despite the GM shitposting, the new V6 Camaro (especially with the dual mode exhaust) is pretty much the sub-$30k godmasheen

On paper, maybe.
It's absolute dogshit to drive.

The new Camaro is better to drive than a BMW M4.

I've never even driven one, but literally every car reviewer says it's fantastic to drive, the best handling muscle car by far. It uses the ATS-V platform. Also the exhaust sounds amazing for a V6

>(and remember the Ecoboost Mustang competes with the V6 Camaro)
you sure about that? because a v6 camaro costs as much as a mustang GT

it doesnt matter their placement on the model lineup, they compete if theyre priced similarly, you fucking redneck dunce

According to Chevrolet's own website, the V6 starts at $28,190.
There's a 1LT and a 2LT, then a 1SS and a 2SS. Most of the V6 comparisons use a 2LT car, but the V6 ption is $1500 on the base 1LT

And according to fords website the focus rs is 35k

Youll be damned to find a v6 under 32k at any dealer. If you do let me know, but trust me, ive looked

>And according to fords website the focus rs is 35k
find me one for under 50k.

Thats exactly my point you dense cunt

>Nobody's told him about the 2G-DSM yet.

Look for a 95-98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX or Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

>Why?

Legendary 4G-63 Motor
200HP/210ft/lbs TQ
Turbo'd from the get go
AWD Coupe
Huge aftermarket
Cheap
Can go ridiculously fast for the dollar.

You could get one already tuned to 400whp for about 10 grand, leaving you with gas money for years to come.

>Only disadvantage
Older electronics

>>Only disadvantage
>Older electronics

>implying i'm not a used car salesman with an overstock of DSMs that lives near OP

Mitsubishi revised that in the 98 and 99 models.

>Search 2.5rs or 2.5 rs on CL
>Check only manual and clean title
>Filter "swap" "clone" "mechanic special" and "project"
>0 (zero) results

Bmw 228i is a fun one

Z31 300zx are great cars. But make sure you get a turbo 5spd

>Mechanic's Special

God I hate that fucking term

>hurr fucking durr we broke it and it was a shitbox in the first place, better sell it for 50% more than its worth and market it towards those who arent afraid to fix it but won' fucking buy it in the first place

>'90s Nissan electronics
Don't do that to the poor man.

>rumors and lies

My biggest concern is people wanting to race you everytime and being disappointed when the engine doesn't output >600hp because their brain is full of 2fast2furious shit. If it wasn't for the movie I could even settle with the 2jz n/a which are common around here.

80's nissan its a Z31

based digi dash

>Implying the Digi dash will even fucking work
Don't do this to the poor man.

>mfw reading this thread, loving 2 door coupes and shit but being too tall for almost all of them

hold me Veeky Forums

Go get a basketball scholarship instead.

Buy a Miata
Or a Lexus SC

>mfw reading this thread, loving 2 door coupes and being a sub-6 ft manlet

>ctrl+f "porsche"
>no results
Come the fuck on.

>newish under 30k

That generation Cayman (S) can be found under 30k pretty easily.

It's not so much the handling that's in question, it's the overall driver experience. The interior is gaudy as fuck and the visibility is nonexistent.

Everyone complains about visibility and the interior but every reviewer and journalist is quick to mention the back up cameras. Plus, if you're a halfway decent driver you should be fine. I've driven my GTI with a dresser and other crap in the rear, making the rear view mirror useless but I was fine with just using my side mirrors. It doesn't make the car that much harder to drive and I'd let OP test drive the car before he decides on the interior being so shitty he can't even enjoy a good drivers car.

>good drivers car
It isn't though especially at its price point.

Yeah it really is a cave in there. But the interior is much better than the Mustang, despite being kind of ridiculous looking

Why isn't it? Give an argument

It's far too expensive.