/eog/ - EVE Online General

Organic Paradigm of balance edition

Previous thread: Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: Industrial arrays, drilling platforms
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, and visual updates
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit

Past:
>Aug 20: NC/PL dunk CO2/TEST in SH1-, biggest fight since B-R imgur.com/a/YhwzU
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/55838228/
forums.warptome.net/topic/24-rookie-guide/
caldariprimeponyclub.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thanks for the new complex fake narrative paradigm kevin

Daily reminder there is no reason to use a moros over a nag

Daily reminder to sage, ignore, and hide the faggot whining about bridges

Thanks for the rundown mate

What do people typically fly for incursions? I can fly Amarr BS with T2 fit but all my other races are still T1.

>What do people typically fly for incursions?
Any battleship with 5 or more midslots. The most popular incursion groups use shield tanks for a number of reasons. One being the fact that you fill your lows with max damage and stuff to run them faster and the fact that shield reps land instantly unlike at the end of a cycle like armor

>oneiros

Google
>warp to me eve
>warp to me
click Warp To Me Incursions Fittings
obviously the better stuff gets in queues faster

Ah got it. I'm actually training caldari atm but I'm only cal BS+cruise 3 :(

Will check that out.

>Ah got it. I'm actually training caldari atm but I'm only cal BS+cruise 3 :(
Remember they take ANY battleship with 5 or more mids, that includes pirate/faction ones like the machariel and vindicator

daily reminder that your post is a narrative or something, and that means you're wrong

>guardian

I've got 700mill atm so I can afford to set up a BS for it but I really can't go for a pirate/faction until I've made some isk

Well the basic Vindicator fit Warp To Me wants is only like 500m, the ship is only like 400m now or something stupidly cheap. They used to be way more expensive

zkillboard.com/kill/55838228/

thats enough to afford a entry nightmare, if amarr is all you can fly, you don't need the caldari part last time I checked
or just buy logi if you have logi V, cheap, fast and near afk

>cucked out

>been playing on and off since 2010
>400 hours according to steam plus many more before I had it on steam
>been in some big GF offensives not knowing what the fuck was going on, always missing the timed synced warps
>dont even think i've killed a single hostile enemy ship even though all my time is spent in low-nullspace
>still dont know shit about anything

All the wikis and skillbooks in the game doesnt even explain what the fuck autismal shit I go through to do basic shit in this

Is planetmining a good way to make money still? I used to do it when it was pretty new and made a decent amount of isk

>steam
>skillbook
>planetmining

Don't have minnie skills, but thanks for the suggestion.

Don't have logi V but the nightmare looks good. ~100m cheaper than the others and I could fit that T2 with good bonus from Amarr BS 4.

What are the chances of losing a ship in an incursion? I really am a total noob having been gone for years

>reading
its fine to read some shit here and there but the only way to learn in this game is if you go running straight into the fire and die violently to everything over and over until your fuckups are imprinted into your skull so they are never repeated.

>What are the chances of losing a ship in an incursion?
very low, the most risky aspect is warping to new incursion areas and having suicide ganking russians putting you on their list of shit they want to fuck today.

Also WTM has a insurance thing if you are really paranoid.

forums.warptome.net/topic/24-rookie-guide/

Read the guides before torturing an fc, and then being tortured by their awkward sperging.

Okay, sounds like a plan then.

I'll go through the fits for nightmare and see how high I can go on their list in EFT.

Cheers. I'll read through that too

>oneiros

>guardian

Please send all Isk to the following Corp:

Stingin Roger

My Nyx fund thanks you in advance.

>not hel

>jump in Hel
>try to get reps
>die

What the fuck are you doing.

not anymore fag

>he doesn't want to kite cynabals on his hel

Apostle is the best triage carrier, if ur going into a super cap fight u wanna be the best.

>Apostle is the best triage carrier

ITS NOT
A FCUKING
CARRIER

>not using nostalgic terms.
Ask co2 if they would like some more apostles.

Is there someplace I can see more paintjobs like in OP

I don't actually care much for the game, I'm just interested in palette references.

DL the game, start free trial. Open the ship tree. You can preview skins from there.

>not yellow master race

Also if you are outside of EVE, some ships look really fucking weird.

>EFT says 98k EHP with my skills
>have 93

the fitting window calculates ehp differently, it uses lowest resist rather than average, so it is always lower

So when incursion runners ask for my EHP which figure do I use?

everyone uses the eft/pyfa ehp

Okay thanks m80

Fly safe cmdr o7

>roam null for a while
>flying in a dual rep thorax
>actually get some gud fites
today was ok

>not plate rep

what race should I choose if I like to be a pirate?

Caldari or Minmatar

Pirate or parasite; no difference.

are you one of those autists that has a floor tile fetish?

why plate rep?

I don't have a floor tile fetish, and I don't love Ohio.

I just like having some reference material for throwing together color combinations on stuff - blue/orange/white, black/gold, white/gold, black/red, etc.

Pic related was a color set I threw together based on Reflection/Ivory Tower in Halo 2/3.

Here's the reference material

post more of that ass

also here you go
caldariprimeponyclub.com/
not as good as in-game but it might do the trick
now post more ass

ugh, I just noticed thats a furry thing
disgusting

Is this what it's like to find out a girl is actually a trap

Anyone have a forum link to the new ship designs?

I want to see what the executioner looks like, but I can't find the discussion thread on them.

It's on sisi

join inri

who's inri?

play hard pray harder

elite pvp nullsec alliance

redditor garbage corp

daily reminder if you fly logi your a cuck

helping your 'friends' as they have all the fun/kill the enemys

>target enemies and press F1
>target allies and press F1
Literally no difference.

no difference between masterbaiting and sex right?
crawl back into your cuckedfromthestart chat wormholer

No need to get so defensive, redditor.

is there like a vg chat on here before i start banging my head against the wall that is eve online?

Just use the in-game help channel

It's full of players and sometimes GM's

/v/ bros is your only chance. Everywhere else people will get super upset when you call them a niggerfaggot and start reporting you and screaming on reddit.

yeah but I don't want to talk to normies

What's wrong with normies???

nothing

I just starred playing. What's a good corporation to join? Is there one for this general?

goon

Veeky Forums doesn't have a corp?

Veeky Forums has had corps, but we're a disorganized mess and they never last.

Doesn't really fit Veeky Forums t b h.
What does fit Veeky Forums is having players scattered and embedded across dozens of different corps and being able to organize and strike different corporations all at once from the inside with very little organization/planning from here and without even having to reveal you're even connected to Veeky Forums in any way.

Alright so who should I infiltrate?

Can someone explain to me out of the two armour dreads, the revelation gets the much more useful armour resistance bonus compared to the moros' 5%/level cycle time?

So the capital repair skill gives cycle time, the moros skill gives cycle time, the rigs available are either boost amount or cycle time. Now it needs to be said that when combining capital armour reps with capital flex armour hardener you are burning so much cap so quickly it's hard to keep on top.

Pic related is just sad, 50% more cost for less versatility, -66% lower cap life, fitting TC on moros is pointless.

Which newbie corp is the best, AND willing to take alpha clone accounts?

Is Eve University still good? How is Pandemic Horde and Dreddit?

Haven't played in years and need guidance.

Horde your just another dude
Eve Uni might be alright
Dreddit is like shitty reddit autism.

>was always interested in the game
>finally going f2p
>check out the wikis and tutorials
holy shit, I'm either going to love this game or hate it.

If I ever plex my account, I'll try being a market jew that can fly cloaked ships. I think I can just enjoy playing the alpha clones though.

>implying you're going to be a succesful amrket jew with 0 capital and while trying to compete with hundreds of market bots

maybe fit 1 ancillary rather than 2 non ancillary

I don't really do caps, but in real pvp, non-ancil reps are pretty shitty

maybe do plate rep

>fitting tc on moros is pointless

why

Lost my safe ratting space with sort dragon having a rage, don't wanna go back to incursions. What do

>amrket

Eat shit
t. caleb

Your picture describes it perfectly

The Rev can out tank the moros in every field. If the moros actually had the rep amount bonus it should have then it'd be winning but it's not.

Basically the nag is a moros but with the same paper dps, more tank, more range and selectable damage via capless guns means it actually does more damage

Capital armour ancillary aren't as useful because of the time scales that capitals operate on. There is a reason you get a 5min siege timer. Maybe some kind of rev fit would use an anc repper but for a moros I just can't see a case for them. Anc reppers on carriers might be a thing too but then carriers should be stayin within rep range of FAX anyway.

At capital levels the performance of standard reppers is ok, the subcap reppers of both armour and shield are completely broken and need an overhaul.

>>fitting tc on moros is pointless
The range is so short on blasters the tracking computer gives it something like 5km while on a Rev it gives something like 15 and more so on the nag where it gives like 6km regardless

The moros has no advantages over the nag at all

Phoenix master race

it's the same % increase

the main thing about this fit vs the moros fit is that your anc boosters are burning 3200 boosters every cycle for a given amount of reps, the enduring armour booster burns 1800gj per cycle. Considering how much you boost you risk overboosting if you double up or boost with too much remaining hp, and you've burnt 44% more of a 3200gj booster than the moros did.

Now if you say.. come in to a situation where you're taking 45k dps and you need that much boosting to begin with sure go for it.. but then you'll probably run out of boosters and die like a bitch in your offrep rearming period.

I think they'd be fine if the moros had a proper rep bonus instead of duration

Obviously it depends on the situation. For a smaller fight where you actually expect to survive, you could go with something like this which reps ~5k/s more than the moros for long enough to come out of siege.

>only uses Velator
>super ISK positive

>killboards
absolute cancer

If we didn't have that shit more people would be willing to undock and embarass themselves.

He's killing shuttles and unfit rookie ships. I can't imagine a bigger waste of time.