Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_a758UvSsA
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/80s-mercedes-4
aperaceparts.com/tech/techkz1000.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God save our Queen Elizabeth

Fuck off cunt
youtube.com/watch?v=1_a758UvSsA

STOCKADE
T
O
C
K
A
D
E

T . Z H A N G
Z
H
A
N
G

t. Tyrone

Go back to /pol/ cunt.

>tfw overseas
>beer is literally $1.50 for a longneck, all better quality than aus
>durries are 2.50/pack
>taxis aren't overpriced shit
>every car is manual, even merc taxis

>but I miss doing skids in the commo at home

Mate, doing skids in a fully sick commo is a part of you, you can't just up and leave from yourself.

Found this in Launceston a couple of days ago, thought it was bretty gud.

Yeah, I actually saw an opel that looked like a vn commie, was thinking how easy it would be to give it the full commo front end

alternatively I could just buy a rwd merc and australianise it with stockies on the back and etc

Where da melbfags at

>3064

You know your heart belongs to the commo, you need to bring over a vl if you can.

I'm SE

Wow wasn't expecting one of those to be in tassie honestly

Neither was I. It's a proper import all the way from Japan sort of thing as well, not just a front end conversion and a paint job. Should bring mine down when it's done and race the cunt.

Nah, everythings LHD here so I can't bring over a VL
If anything i'd just work up one of those opel VNs, if it's got the buick 3800 then i'm set

reading it up, looks like the VN was similar to some opels, but from what I've read there was no v6. Time for an LS swap I guess.

Just heard a fucking noice burnout outside.

So the Z900 died, sump is full of metal/ Not sure where it came from yet. PLans on a big rebuild but until then I need to buy yet another bike.

postie

Nah, the Z will be off the road for a long time. She will be a ground up rebuild, do it properly so its likely to be dead for a year of more. So a real bike is needed.

Looking at a VTR1000F on Saturday

Oil starvation somewhere? Those old two valve Kwakas don't die for no reason...

>tfw if VTR1000's didn't have such abysmal fuel range I'd probably buy one

TL1000, you know you want to.

Well I think that the metal in the sump is from the gearbox since there is a pretty big bit that looks like it could be the tip of a selector fork. Plus its hardened steel in the same style as the gears.

The mesh of the oil pump was pretty blocked so I'm hoping that its the reason the oil light came on in the first place.

Haven't pulled more apart yet due to lack of space in the shed atm. But I'm going to use this as a excuses anyway to rebuild the old girl properly.

Anyone watching Port vs Hawks? Anyone see the Ebert go for the mark, land on his back and then ended up coughing up blood while it poured from his nose? Shit was crazy

Looking at pretty much everything that age/style/price range.

GSF's
ZZR1000
XJ900
CBR's
SV650's

Is techsupport user here again? I need helps

ZX9R?

Kinda, anything like that really. Though more sports tourer than full sports, as I don't give a fuck about doing a million KMPH through the hills anymore and would rather be 70% fast and comfy than 100% fast and sore back and wrists

Ah, yes. I can almost garauntee thats th reason behind the oil light. I reckon you're bang on with your diagnosis.
With a bit if luck, get the gearbox rebuilt and it'll be running again, although I imaging you'd be taking the opportunity to throw a weisco or a Moriwaki big bore kit at it...

>tfw its like every car has their high beams on but your car is just very low

Already has a yoshimura big bore kit in it, shes far from stock right now but my plan was to scrap it and get a hold of some Darton sleeves and screw it out some more, maybe even get a hold of a original turbo exhaust and make up a new one.

If I'm going to build it I'm going to build it big

Tfw it rained so every cunt actually has their high beams on concurrently with losing their minds.

this pokemongo shit is gay as fuck

i'd rather just play the old shit on the gameboy again

bogged the laser, chaps

Those wheels are appealing to me, not covered in mud but that design is soothing.

Ebert looks like he belongs in an old planet of the apes movie.

Fucks sake that's so true tho

Just be aware VTR1000 guzzle. About 150km to empty.

150km to a tank? They come out of the factory with a hole in the bottom?

Maybe not a VTR then but just shit like that.

>try and access modem
>Takes 25 seconds to load each page
>Within the modem
Burn it or nah?

Power cycle it. Leave it off for a good ten minutes and then try.

Just a thirsty carbed twin. Litres aren't much better but they're not THAT bad.

Factory reset and/or stop using a Fritz!Box.

How are 80s Mercs reliability wise? I'm thinking of getting a nice old coupe. Pic related and I'm of course doing it because memes.

>mfw I started this fucking meme with a shitpost

anyway, they're pretty good, at least better than other manufacturers of the same age.
they're still cars that are 30+ years old, you won't have a trouble free car no matter what. I'd go for a single owner and sub-180000km example if I were you, pay a bit more for less headache. And on that topic, pepper your angus for parts, shop around online or get mates in a good partshop

what meme?

This. VTRs don't get much better than ~10L/100km.
An original turbo exhaust? You're not talking about one of those extremely rare Z1R US dealer fitted things are you? Because there's nothing in the way of a Zed Nine turbo manifold I can think of.

And don't force feed that lovely Jaffa pls... )';
Just a nice rideable bigbore with some bumpy sticks and some flatslides if you want a handfull :D

No loner have the space to store my car anymore

So im going to loan it to the National Motor Museum and use them as storage until i get my shit together. Thoughts?

Are the nice old coupes pretty rare for parts? I've never seen one at a wrecking yard before.

What car?

What car?

I was talking about one of them, from what old guys have told me they can be jammed onto a Z900 head. Only want one for reference to build a better one.

Still not 100% on the idea but I've heard a Turbo Z before and it was something out of this world.

Already has cams in it that I can't go any bigger with due to how they designed the rockers/head. I was going to piss off the fucking Mikuni's for some smoothbore CR's of something.

some shitbox HT Kingswood. Its got good paint so its got to be worth at least looking at at a museum

the headlight in my car keeps going out.
the bulbs arent burning out but i have to remove them then reinstall every, sometimes the light goes out twice or three times a day.
I had a similar thing happen with other headlight so i replaced the connector. problem solved.
the connector which i replaced was all melted and corroded, the connector on the other side which is having the same issue looks 100%.
I've applied dielectric grease which made the issue go down to the light going once every 2nd day. This is a REAAAALLLLLLLLLLY fucken annoying issue. what should I do?
I'm ordering a multimeter to test what voltages are going to the bulb and if they match up to the good side...any ideas as to what's causing the issue besides faulty connector?
I am also going to check fuses when the rain ceases.

Additionally, my right indicator increases in tempo when i have my foot on the brake... wat?

Unless they're talking about the GPZ 750 turbo manifold, but as far as I know the later square case stuff isn't compatible with the earlier roundcase stuff...
I'm going to do a quick google search to either confirm my suspicion or prove myself wrong and learn something new. In the meantime, more Jaffa.

Short to earth for the foot on brake thing

Yeah, old stuff like those 380slc's (not sure what gen, 70s/early 80s) are all boomer resto targets so scrap cars are hard to find, only seen one ever

Was gonna buy a rusty one for 500 once, didn't have welding skills so I didnt
>tfw

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/80s-mercedes-4

It's an old meme that nobody uses anymore (until I hopefully buy a Merc).

1973/74 like mine

short to earth?
not very hip to electrical stuff.
most complex ive done was wire a radio

They won't want it I don't think. Best to pay a storage place. Around here it's 300 a month or so for secure undercover storage

So there is a shared wire/connection/something to the brake lights and blinkers that is grounded when it shouldn't be.

Check to see if your brake lights are actualy working when the blinker is on

Have they offered or are you assuming?

;)
And upon further bedtime reading, seems some of the "roundcase" (Z style) bits can be compatible with later "squarecase" (J style) bits. While cylinder bores and crankcases are not interchangeable, the cylinder heads CAN be interchanged so long as cam sprocket adapters are fitted as they use different style chains.
>aperaceparts.com/tech/techkz1000.html
What this means is you can fit a later J head to your earlier Z cylinder block, and fit the GPZ turbo manifold that comes with it! As a bonus the J head seems to have better porting and larger chambers that help drop compression ratio if using the same pistons.

I just learnt something new!

hmmm will do
good thing they dont check brakes/indicator function at same time in pink slip

ive talked to the receptionist, and he gave me an email address for the museums curator. So far ive emailed him and waiting for a response

Nice, I get heaps of info from the old guys why stil own these bikes and they are always keen to give me info and facts about the Z's since not often are there young guys on them.

Also while that Z is pretty as fuck I don't think I want to change the look of mine that much.

Though the new Superchaged re-do of the Z900 that is meant to be coming to life looks a little like that and I would own one in a heart beat if possible.

kek he removed that carnival face

Ah, I'm just posting from random thumbnails in my Veeky Forums folder.
I've been incredibly infatuated with Zeds through my Father, who himself and his brothers owned various Zs in the late '70s, and my stepdad, who drag raced a factory backed Z900 during a similar period up through the '80s.

I'd own one if it wasn't for starting a family and having a mortgage. At least these days it's money in the bank, and while the ship may have already sailed with Z1As and Z1Bs, Z1Rs can still be had for a reasonable sum.

Dad bought the Z when I was 6 ish, Ive been riding it since I was 9. Rode it in slow races at bike rallies, did my motorbike test on it.

Grew up on it and around it, bought it from him when his health turned and he couldn't really ride it anymore.

48,000 genuine KM's on the clock and I'm the 3rd owner in 42 years

>manlytears.jpg

My dad had a KZ1000 back in the late 70s/early 80s and a couple of the mid-sized Honda 500's towards the end of the 80s

Being the champ I was, used to wash it for him, he didn't like the time I stuck the hose in the exhausts and petrol tank though. That took a bit of time to strip down and clean out

Wew lads I just narrowly avoided getting my week old car tboned by some drongo

Nothing like doing something incorrectly to help you learn a leason you won't ever forget.

Good thorough wash though I bet.

happens to me all the time
always some chink going through a t-intersection at full steam without looking

remove albion

which ones which?

Was down there today, haven't been to Craigieburn in a while

What's that new shit they are building at Craigieburn central?

Want my gpz900?, I give it to ya cheap

3078 senpai, coming to the melb meet sunday?

Lol when the fuck is that again, I might go if its not too far.

Seconded, I've owned two and they're a) plenty fast enough thanks and b) bombproof. Don't buy a modded one.

Try a Hornet 900 uleh. Max fun for not a whole heap of cash.

Lawd that looks nice

I was contemplating a 190E all week, for the sole purpose of putting on a replica Evolution body kit and some sort of straight six for boosting.

My path is now clear.

wew lad.
one of the prongs connectors had burnt.
turns out the right side alternated between reverse or brake and indicating.
i cleaned out the connection and the increased rate stopped.
may replace the whole plug eventually but not a priority.
thanks man :)

When and where is the fucking melbourne meet again?

ride it like a merry go round mate

who here has a WAT sticker on their car?

Would I be a faggot putting one on my MY00 Outback?

So I've enrolled in an automotive course at tafe, and they said they pretty much try to put you in work experience with a dealer close to you

What sort of brands would best to go into?

Euro or Japanese. Avoid a Holden or Ford dealership or you'll be surrounded by bogan mechanics.

>not wanting to listen to 104.7 non stop
>not wanting real australians around you

>local lolden dealer has only asians at it

fully imported mate

the only Holden product thats even remotely Australian anymore is the Commodore. Everything else in their line up is a literal rebadge of gook models

Think there's not a lot in the Commo now that's Aussie, I know they used to be about 50% a few models ago but dunno now. Falcons where for a while about 60-70%, but I guess thats kind of irrelevant by the end of the year.

I think the V6 is australian designed, and so is the body shape, so its definately an australian looking car which is refreshing

Falcons i think were always australian looking, and the I6's were absolutely based. In a world of east-west FWD v6 engines, the falcon didn't give a fuck all the way to the end

The platform is Australian, but just about everything else isn't.

Engine, gearbox are all GM parts bin, and the platform itself is shared with the Camaro (although probably modified).

pretty sure australians didnt have much to do with the last model and the new one is 100% imported with no aussie touches.

Oh they're both designed and assembled here, actual parts used that where manufactured in Aust are usually around 50%. Going to be a lot of small-mid sized businesses feeling the pinch by about this time next year.

Owned both straight-6 and V6's of various manufacturers in all sorts of N-S, E-W configurations- can't really complain about any of them

3070 here.
Where da meat at?

The current Camaro is a new platform, they used to be a Monaro with different panels for all intents and purposes