>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/5670565578.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5668237211.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

posting in new thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/5670565578.html

this worth it? Would fix the turn signals, windshield, fuel tank, and mirrors as long as the frame/forks are in good shape and the engine is good. fairings and scuffs I don't really care about.

Yeah its a good deal, idk why people think bikes are completely totaled once they have been dropped once, put a new side cover on it, fix the other little things and its instantly worth more than twice what you paid for it. just say its never been dropped for the whole time you owned it.

See

benis haha :DDD

thankyou for this edition, finally the shitposting might stop for a few, brief, beautiful hours

honda a shit

truuu

or it slid over, caught grip and flipped to the other side.
you ever watch the youtubes? some 20mph crashes are violent for no reason, if he was going hektik that damage would be 10 times worse

Do you want to trust that though?

Cheap bikes are usually cheap for a reason.

About time Honda took charge again.

why not include rossi on his honda?

Honduh.

what's to trust? inspect the frame and forks and make sure it runs fine before you trust it.. It's cheap because it's not rideable in its current condition.

In my experience cheap bikes generally have fuck all wrong with them, you spend a couple hundred dollars fixing the thing then can sell it for double its value

>No americans allowed

WHERE ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO

>polentone

I liked his Yamahaha pic more (see top right hand corner)

You do realise that any community turns to fucking garbage when it's a general right?

Circlejerking, blogging, irrelevant shit

was honestly referencing the bike seen as not sold in the Americas

why do cruisercucks and fag baggers never wave back

Doesn't fit the image they've bought into.

>not manchild edition

dissapoint

Letting go of the handlebars causes violent death wobbles so they nod back instead.

Fuck off, we're full m8

I mean I understand not waving back to a moped or something, but not waving back to street bikes is just rude. I've seen them wave to jap cruisers but not litre bikes. Why do you cruiser cucks have to be so mean to me, I am also a motorcyclist. Whenever they don't wave back I flip them off and hope they follow me for a one on one fisticuffs

More manchild actions, two wrongs make a right. right?

Just carry a sack of bricks and if they don't wave toss them one

no dude, they don't acknowledge you unless you are also on a gay murica freedom bike and have an american flag mounted and a half helmet

Nice webm of nothing happening

why do you care? see

Best webm is boring webm

You need to classify the secondary wrong based on the weight of the first.
I'd say that was 1 wrong and about 1.8 wrongs.

I would have done the same desu, or pulled a brick out of my sack of bricks and threw it at him

because it is very rude, everyone in the motorcycle community is very nice except 1/3rd of anyone on a harley/triumph/indian

welcome to /dbt/

lol he wasn't even stronk enough to break the fucking thing

yeah wasn't a full manchild, he didn't damage it enough

don't reply

reply just for the autist

You wait until US evening hours, especially on the West Coast and /dbt/ turns to absolute garbage.
/dbt/ should be about refined Euros, some commonwealth fun with and a dash of Asian minus Indonesia and China. Anything East of the Adriatic is hit and miss desu

i didnt realise what i had done until it was too late

fugg

we posting boring webm?

Royal National Park outside Sydney?

>enough
at all ftfy

>TL;DR help me find a beginner bike that won't depreciate like crap and will fit a big guy

>long version

I'm in a strange situation, and I want y'alls advice (I'd make my own thread but you guys will see it easier here)

I'm 20, and working full time making a decent living. I'm looking to build credit so I can look to buy a house in 5-6 years, and one of the best ways to do so is a vehicle loan, and paying off credit cards on time.

That said, I own two cars outright, and I am not looking to buy another. However, I love bikes and miss the old XR75 my grandparents let me use on their property back when I was a kid.

That got me thinking of getting a motorcycle to quench that proverbial thirst and paying it off to build credit, then riding it for awhile longer and eventually selling.

But I'm just not sure if that's exactly a financially smart decision, since I don't know the market for beginner bikes, or what their depreciation is.

Regardless, I was looking at getting a YZF-R3 since I'm a larger bloke (6'2" and 200lbs) and they seem to have the best response with my fat ass.

Is buying a bike a good way to build credit and learn, and which sub $6,000 beginner bike would you choose if that was your goal?

>TL;DR help me find a beginner bike that won't depreciate like crap and will fit a big guy

what happens in this webm

Walhalla road in Victoria

KLR650
Done.

Spend a bit more for an SV650/FZ07. Especially if there's a lack of used ones in your area, their prices stay fucking high.

Alternatively used striples hold their prices fairly well

if you drop 5kg's you're in the perfect range for 99% of bikes. Anything between 6-6'3" is fine for most bikes

Are you looking for something with a wider wheelbase? or something just to not look goofy on?

One of pic related.

r3, but you will lose a lot of money no matter what bike, so just buy what you like best, and fits best sub 500cc and

wr 125 xdd

klr 650
dr 650
doctor big

Buy an older classic, that way you get an appreciating asset, fun to ride, and you will learn a bit about bikes on the way.

>KLR650
>$6,600
>Dual sport

Not a bad bike at all, but I live in the city and would love to keep the price lower than $6k. Also it's a 650, so.... yeah. Not super comfortable with that much displacement as my skill level (which is shit), but who knows.

just learn on something shitty and used for like 6 months and sell it and then buy something nice

I didn't open it, but I predict that it's absolutely nothing.

but the title is diesel spill

he rides past spilled diesel while entering the on ramp of a highway.

650cc thumpers are easy
it's not a displacement thing but a how the bike delivers the power thing if it's beginner friendly or not.

>klr
>not comfortable

m8, the displacement means shit. Most bikes are faster than the average commuter car, but klrs are definitely on the slow end

650cc thumpers are more beginner friendly than 450's.

I've considered it, but I'd wonder how I'd get a loan for it. I will only purchase a vehicle or large ticket item if I already have the cash, but this is for the purpose of building credit. So, more research in the loan department me thinks.

>doctor big
wat

damn, how much do you think? I'm okay losing about a grand in depreciation, but that's probably it. Hence the R3, they seem to be holding their value.

do you really think I can handle a 650? Seems like a lot of power for someone who last rode a 75cc bike when he was 13

>Are you looking for something with a wider wheelbase? or something just to not look goofy on?
something with a fairly wide wheelbase, the looks don't matter so much (the looks with me on it, I should add: I'd love the bike to look nice, hence R3)

that's what I said
thanks for support me, user.

they can all be restricted then de restricted when you are confident in your ability rather than having to buy a new bike, a restricted ninja 650 makes 45 horsepower for an example.
being not a manlet the bike will be more comfortable for you too, 650's all have less aggressive ergonomics.

>Finally get old motorbike running
>Can't take it riding because rain and flooding everywhere.
Fucking hell, I'll be back at uni by the time the water is gone.

D O C T O R B I G
R

B
I
G

reminder that honda a shit

>not riding your new (old) dualaport through the flood tp build a bond
well fuck

650s are beginner bikes

GO SHIT UP YOUR DATSUN THREAD

Victoria has great roads, Came down from Canberra to Melbourne last year and it was a mix of amazing and terrifying, especially the jindabyne stretch

I find in general WA has the best roads to ride, and all in all the best quality. Victoria is basically the same and NSW is appalling, it's like another country where people have no idea about courtesy.

>tfw proud polentone

That's the point you dingus

If he last rode a 75cc when he was 13, putting him on a fucking 1000cc machine is a quick way the breed a dead squid

so basically what you guys are saying is that this is a better investment than an R3?

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5668237211.html

Why are floods stopping ya?
Floods mean i don't have to work so hopefully going to run the 300 in this weekend, if all goes well should get 3 days straight of riding in by Tuesday

yeah about 1k usd, maybe more maybe less

honestly 650 is a good beginner bike, anything more is too much power for a learner, but a 650 is perfect. Still gives you power and speed, and depending on the weight of the frame good stability.

250's are dumb to learn on, as once you have had enough you go right to the 1000cc and the power difference is too much, especially on rural roads

The only 250 I would ever recommend is a VTR250, because they are fucking dope to commute on

He said a 650 is alot of power for a beginner. Go fuck yourself and read the what I replied to you faggot

I'm gonna steal your jacket

But the flood water scares me :(
I think it needs a good service though, it would make me feel better if a mechanic check it over. Plus all the plastic/rubber that holds up the indicators has disintegrated.

I live on the great Alpine road, there are a lot of places that have water over the road, also fallen trees plus land and rock slides. I'd rather practice when the weather stops being so wild.

you slute
BORN AND RAISED IN THE EAST BAY
just do it

and remember to get an action cam so we can see you dieing in the floods der

If you have to question whether you can handle a 650 or not, you may want to stay away from streetbikes in general

Most of the 650cc/lowend middleweight bikes are renown for their smooth power delivery and beginner/commuter friendly suspensions/brakes/ergonomics. What you really need to keep in mind is the engine layout and the type of bike it's on rather than displacement. An fz07 has more displacement than an r6(600cc), but the r6 is the faster bike. They're also completely different with how they deliver power. The fz07 will be smooth through the rev range as they make their torque fairly early on, whereas an r6 or other sportbike makes all their torque and power near the end of the rev range like a car with a fatass turbo

Also keep in mind that a bike will only go as fast as you twist your wrist and make it. Don't be a dumbass and you won't have any problems

one of the best/scariest roads in Victoria has to be the Tarra valley road, doing 80-100km/h there is near insane levels of street rossi dedication (its not a 1 way road)

DRZ400

>doesn't want depreciation
>wants to finance a $6000 learner bike he'll probably crash or drop a couple times and/or get bored of in six months
>financing a toy, period

You couldn't be more retarded if you tried.

whiiiich is why I wanted to start with a 300, so I can learn how to safely ride, THEN learn how to ride well, then jump to a 650, and use the power to a much higher potential than if I'd just jumped to a 650 off the bat.

....at least that's what I was thinking.
I also never plan to purchase a liter bike, death just doesn't appeal to me yet.

as in b500?
Purepunkah?
your not actually that far away from me.
well a little bit but in dbt terms.

oh porepunkah, i always thought it was a u.

>financing for the purpose of building credit
>would love to purchase a cheaper, last-years-model beginner bike for around $4k
>imblygin I'm truly financing, as I only purchase items if I have the cash on hand already

not really seeing the problem.

>won wron
?jumbuk
>carrajung
>budgeree
what fucking country is this

650 IS A BEGINNER BIKE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE BOTH SAYING.

>Floods
dont drown ;-)

it gets better when you zoom out and see all of them (they are Aboriginal words)

>building credit
>not financing

You're still going to lose money on the bike, whether it's last years sloppy seconds or a "new new" one.

>"building credit" with a purchase that runs a high risk of being written off