/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

Endless Legend still exists edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/p/4768058148
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt_RS51FOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Caveman 2 Cosmos is the greatest mod of all time

>overslut
opinion discarded

I'm thinking about installing it. On a level from babby too fullblow aurora autism how complex is it?

Fourth for 1upt being the best thing to happen to civilizations.

HoI 3 OOB autism, so a bit less than Aurora.
It takes a lot of time to get used to it. Get the SVN version, the last real release was like a year ago but the SVN was updated like three days ago.
Something else to keep in mind that I forgot was that there are NO unique units or buildings except for a geographic culture like Native Culture - European. Cultures like Celtic, Gothic, German etc. are world wonders that have the appropriate geographic autobuilding as per-requisite along with a certain technology and surrounding geography. Geography is literally deterministic here as well, something like 60% of buildings literally can never be built if you don't have the right surrounding resources and features.

If you have other questions you can ask me~

D.Va is best overslut.

What would be the next type of species/family that would be a good portrait pack for Stellaris?

>go kill yourself!!
>but also read my arguments plz
Nah. If you want people to pay attention to you, you gotta learn to be respectful instead of acting like a kid.

Anime. Literally none of those look acceptable and they all act like humans anyway.

I agree, but I also like what they're doing with 6. In 5 units like AT guns and AA guns were such a pain in the ass to use, being able to combine your infantry and support weapons is solid. Being able to make a doomstack is not.

$20

You'll be able to mix support units and combat units in 6? Sounds fun.

>I have no arguments so let's call him a kid, haha that'll show everyone how mature and respectful I am
And now the tables have turned. This isn't your first post. Which was?

>Being able to make a doomstack is not.
But as I said, the doomstack works better for AI because it's better at handling it AND isn't a concern against players. It also reduces micromanagement and isn't by any means invincible or even optimal depending on circumstances.
I see literally nothing wrong with 'doomstacks', because if anything it makes tactical combat even more useful.

Yeah it's explicitly stated to be possible. I'm still waiting for the return of civics though and not the deck system, I want my actual civics back.

Unless i'm being retarded, I recall them saying you'll be able to put certain unit types together into a company. The examples given were AT and AA guns being combined with Infantry iirc

It kind of ruins any sense of strategy when you just toss your entire army onto one tile and use them like that. Having to position your armies around to create a front of some description and push like that is just much more tactical.

>Civilization VI still uses a "1 Unit Per Tile" system, but adds a combined arms system in which a normal military unit can link with and stack together with a support unit, such as a builder, settler, field medic, battering ram, siege tower, anti-tank or anti-aircraft unit.
Starting in the Renaissance era, two of the same unit can be combined into a Corps, which is less powerful than two individual units, but more survivable and takes up less space on the map (to reduce overcrowding). Later in the modern era, three units can combine to form an Army. The ability to form Corps and Armies are unlocked in the Civics tree rather than the technology tree.

>two of the same unit can be combined into a Corps, which is less powerful than two individual units
Sounds nice.
Especially if cavalry had a bonus to weaker units, so increasing the unit mass by using corps is a way to beat cav.

>It kind of ruins any sense of strategy when you just toss your entire army onto one tile and use them like that
Except as I said it literally doesn't work against players and against AI it doesn't always work either because the AI actually knows how to deal with doomstacks in my experience, but have no fucking idea how to deal with that shit in 1UPT. You are taking away options from the player to present overall a strictly inferior experience in both singleplayer and multiplayer - in singleplayer the fact that the AI has no idea what it's doing destroys any 'tactics', while in multiplayer doomstacks were nigh suicidal anyway.
It also adds loads of unnecessary micro to the game.

From the sound of it they just need to fix the AI to actually be competent and there wouldn't be any need for it in the first place. I certainly wouldn't say that a lack of doomstacking makes for an inferior experience though, just a different one.
Micro isn't my favorite though

ai doomstacks are laughable and easily exploitable too, they just don't trip over moving them around

>From the sound of it they just need to fix the AI to actually be competent and there wouldn't be any need for it in the first place
Right, and then it'd be suicidal to make doomstacks anyway if you had actual competent AI. Taking away options to force an experience that can happen organically anyway isn't a good idea.

I see your point, I just don't personally think that the option is particularly interesting.

Are we due another Civ vid today? Hope it's a little more interesting than the bloody Kongo.

Also, Stellaris discussion belongs in /gsg/

/gsg/ sent them here.

>Stellaris discussion belongs in /gsg/
Why?

>Are we due another Civ vid today?

According to 2K China, it's tomorrow.

tieba.baidu.com/p/4768058148

(also replies to someone asking if it's a middle eastern civ and they say it's not)

>1280 x 1024
stupid poorfag

>Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt_RS51FOA

But this week's release WAS the Congo, wasn't it? They've done early releases before.

I don't know what's so uninteresting about the Congo.

Nobody has ever heard of them, they arent cool like the Zulu or actually civilised looking like the ethiopians

Is this garrison centric policy build actually good?

maybe, but kongo was from a special event and not put out on tuesday, so who knows, maybe they'll bring out another one. its not long til release.

I've heard of them. There is an event in EU4 where the Congo adopts Christianity.

I never heard of Barbarossa aside from the WW2 operation. I like that Civ is teaching me about new civs.

>maybe, but kongo was from a special event and not put out on tuesday,
That's exactly what happened last time when they released early. It was from Pax or Gamescon or some shit.

Warrior Caste or Oligarchy?
Yes

2 culture and 1 local happiness per city is very good if you have a lot of cities.

Once you have a unit in every city you can save a lot of money by getting oligarchy.

It was a long time ago, but in that game I think I saved 100 or 200 gpt once I got oligarchy.

We wuz kangz, or so it goes. At some point we should stop saying we wuz and really ask "wuz we?"

>strawmanning
You're bad at this.

>Endless Legend still exists edition
Don't see anyone posting it, are you sure?

>civ wants to have a more diverse roster
>congo is just some shitty huts on a river

Sillicoids

I like Supreme Commander.

And you have a problem with that I presume.

No different than Zulus

you have good taste

me too

Chondrichthyes

I'd fuck the one in the top left.

>two monkeylords
PANIC

FIVE Monkeylords
Still not enough to beat a Galactic Colossus

Actually 5
made short work of anything that tried to fight them except the swarms of T3 Bombers and Gunships

You sound upset

It's just funny the way they've got them portrayed, as a bunch of jungle savages on a river.

>FIVE monkeylords
[PANIC INTENSIFIES]

Also, nice map. I'll have to try it once.

Noire is the cutest.

But that's what they were and still are

to be fair I never heared about any sub sahara country leader because they didn't have an impact on the world history outside their own small territory
some brought new reforms or united some tribes, good for them, but they cant be compared to people like Teddy, Bismarck or Elizabeth

She's a complete dork.

she's cute. Who is that?

I think most people had heard of Shaka and the Zulus, and I think I was aware of Haile Selassie but didnt know he was an african
Personally I think they should get Idi Amin or someone for the diversity civ

Death, destroyer of worlds.

white genocide

Plutia. A character from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
A mazy sleepyhead that turns into a sadist and molest people for flimsy excuses once she get angry.

My waifu, in other words.

This.

And perhaps hive-creatures like the Hunters from Halo.

But mankind is already in Stellaris.

>literally me

Pretty sure if you're adding some nignog civilization for DIVERSITY you should at least try to make them look nice

inb4 Nelson Mandela of the South African civilization, with their rainbow nation bonus

We're talking about a character who viciously torture a character who kidnapped a child she was taking care of.
In front of said child, traumatizing the kid for life.

We're talking about a character who torture her own friend for hours because she came to her place to complain and whine, until said friend is nothing but a broken record that can't even sit (okay I made that part up, it's not explained what she does exactly).

We're talking about a character who does some unspecified stuff to little kids because they "look cute" and nobody bother to try to stop her or protect them. Two of them end up crying, and one try to run away.

>11 year war against an aggressive evangelical zealot heavyweight
>Admiral is a tough badass, manages to asspull a solid victory of 2k against 4k (two minor battlestations probably helped)
>Can't repeat that though, every other direct engagement results in a severe beating
>At one point the warscore is 47% against me
>Absolutely exhaust my resources on the fires of war, selling off income and strategic resources to anyone willing to sell me minerals
>Manage to scrape a tie after eleven years of warfare, planets trading hands like bullet ridden cards
>Badass Admiral dies a few months after the war ends, his watch has ended.
>Some of my human population had migrated to worlds once belonging to friendly empires, now enslaved under the iron fist of the foe
>Building up my fleet, stations and armies for Round 2
>I finish researching battleships in 5 months
>Unceasing insults from the antagonist dicks
>They're still Superior in terms of fleet power and capacity
>Ceasefire ends in 2 years

This one is gonna be tight.

If they complain about diversity, you can point at that civ and go "we got that", doesn't matter whether you show them in a good light or realistically (shit)

if you can't win in a stand-up fight, then you have to go more guerrila

destroy all mining platforms and spaceports you find, ambush small fleets and slowly bleed them dry

Can you even go guerilla in Stellaris?

sounds hot.

Nope, mining stations don't generate war score.

Yes

That's exactly how I managed to scrape out a tie the last time. The only engagements I won was whenever I went full blitzkrieg on a minor port of theirs, blockaded the planet for all of two seconds and then led their fleet back to a system of mine littered with defensive stations. And even then it was a close run thing, and didn't always work.

It's easier against an expansionist empire. They don't even build stations for newly acquired territory for a long time, so even a single corvette can technically blockade one of their minor holdings.

And even if the blockade doesn't last (it won't) it distracts their superior fleet from dedicating itself to bombarding YOUR planets at least.

Sounds hot, yeah, but doesn't make sense in game. It's a bit complicated, but logically, all the other character should gang up on her to protect the kids.
They don't for an unknown reason.

Wait, are you fucking serious?

Why the fuck wouldn't it? Even just a small amount, it's literally destroying infrastructure.

Also at least in my head I imagine every science, mineral and energy base to be staffed with a small crew and possibly have a minor starport there that receives shipments of supplies and private vehicles. Blowing up stations is literally killing civilians, even if not many.

it's because she's hot.

I guess you could say that.

That should be considered an atrocity to target civilians structures.

Destroying mining stations in the first place is pretty pointless. By midgame any empire worth a damn would barely experience a loss even after losing every off-planet mining and research station.

it's even more retarded, because when you capture an enemy system their mining stations suddenly convert to yours, totally different tech just instantly usable by you, so why even destroy them anyway

>this IV drip of information/updates for Stellaris

I CAN'T BE DOING LIKE THIS ANYMORE AAAAHHHHHHH JUST DROP THE PATCH ALREADY I WANT THAT GAME TO BE GOOD

based china. Would this or something similar work with cbp?

> I WANT THAT GAME TO BE GOOD
At the rate they're going it will take a lot of patches to fix that shit.

Why wouldn't it work in cbp?

>patches
Well aren't you the optimist one.

It'll take DLCs to fix it. Non-free DLCs.

>he thinks a patch will fix it

I want the game to be slightly marginally better*

Just give me more content, it's not like I'm going to buy it anyway

DLC are basically free though since you just pirate them.

>being a filthy poorfag
Disgusting.

Why not just make a special late-game strategic resource to create battleships?

Like call it 'Unobtainium' and it's the only way to move something so large and powerful through warp travel.

That way, even the biggest empires can only field 2-4 battleships unless they trade or conquer for more of them.

happiness works a lot differently, gets harder with more cities to keep happiness up.

t. Johan Johansson

I pirate because I want, not because I can't afford the product. Why the fuck would you spend money on something you can get for free easily?

t. some chinese dickhead

>Buying Paradox games
>The sama Paradox that goes on a 2 month vacation after releasing TWO (2) major games

are you dumb in the head

>pirate games
>"guise i don't understand why paradox's games are half-done????"