Frankenrover

So it turns out that a Lexus 1uzfe mates perfect with a XJ Jeep auto 4wd tranny.

(I have never been to Veeky Forums but I assume you guys love 1uzfe's like /g/ loves think pads and /diy/ loves cargo containers.)

So I have decided to create a frankenrover. Because I can, and I'm getting a 11k insurance settlement(""""pain and suffering"""") from when a moron crashed into my ML500. Thank god he did that because a 2001 Mercedes is awful to maintain. I only got it because I loved Jurassic park 2.

So to begin:

Found the donor body and interior.

Donor tranny and axles

I'm interested, I like ideas that sound absolutely batshit but upon closer inspection look like they might actually work.

Donor engine. I could spend more and get a 1998/1999 ls400 with VVTi, have a cleaner engine with a little bit more stock power, and a snazzy keyfob, but there's no simple bolt on ways to run absurd amounts of boost, and I'd rather go through a few cheaper early 90s engines and blow one up along the way.

inb4 this is catstang

It'll work but those range rovers are heavy and the uz lacks torque.
What about making an awd V8 supra?

Or dropping it into a swb 70 series? Like those cute little soft top 73s?

>reddit
pls go

also this

replacing a cheap 200hp 12 valve straight 6 with an expensive 32 valve 250hp v8 (with less torque)

sounds fucking stupid to me.

Except that's not what he's planning to do.
He's planning to replace an expensive, unreliable 32 valve V8 with a reliable, less expensive 32 valve V8.

You aren't going to do anything.

The rover is IRS. Which means you're going to have to scrap the subframes and re-do the entire front unibody frame rails, cross members, etc.

just stop posting shitty threads and go back to rebbit.

I have a piece of shit 2WD Cherokee that I would love to shoehorn a V8 into for shits and grins.

Probably still won't be worth it.

im talking about the picture you dense fuck

>shoehorn
a 350 is literally smaller than the 4.0
it's a common swap for xjs and yjs
theres adapters for the transmissions already.

Well it IS a screencap from Reddit...

>dense fuck

i like joops and i dont think the 1uzfe is a torquey engine, but lets not go full retard

While I appreciate the idea, what you have here is an ifs+IRS range Rover. You then have a live axle Jeep. This is a lot of work, and silly, to swap.

Or are you just wanting to swap the trans/transfer case over?

If so, it's probably easier to have an adaptor made to bolt the 1uz straight up to the range Rover tranny.

Also as mentioned, 1uz isn't the torquiest, and rr is pretty heavy, so I assume you are going with forced induction?

Harrison please kill yourself

it's a shit swap.. it's literally worse than the 4.0 for offroading.
it's way more expensive fix, it's more complicated to fix, it produces less torque.

points for ingenuity, ok, but not practical at all.

It's good content, better than seeing shitposting/frogposting all day.

>(I have never been to Veeky Forums but I assume you guys love 1uzfe's like /g/ loves think pads and /diy/ loves cargo containers.)
sorry we love miatas like /g/ loves thinkpads

>Lexus V8 fits Jeep transmission.
>So it should be be easy to fit all that into completely unrelated third vehicle
Fucking retard

Just buy an LX

I was talking about the 1UZ. It's massive.

A three fiddy would be an easy fit, but I literally will drive that Cherokee into a lake before I put abother motor in it.

i think a uz is like an inch wider and taller. something insignificant anyway

I'd just boost that car and have more fun but do you.

Op here, if I get discouraged on the Frankenrover, stay tuned for when I shove one of the aforementioned VVTis into a Miata into an Exocet chassis & register it as a heavily modified Lexus

>Exocet facility is 10mi from me in Atlanta

>I was talking about the 1UZ. It's massive
U wot m8?

Im probably wrong, but I remember it being massive from the one time i looked at one.

The Rover V8 basic dimensions:Length : 708 mmHeight : 707 mmWidth: 770 mmWeight: 220Kg (minus starter & flywheel)Power: 150 – 230BHP (ignoring the TVR 5.0 version)Lexus V8 4.0 quad cam 32 valve V8 basic dimensions:Length : 655 mmHeight : 610 mmWidth: 620 mmWeight : 177Kg (minus starter & flywheel)Power : 256BHP -305BHP

it will work but engine will be too under powered poor the heavy rover shell.
HSE is v8 4. 5 litre lexus is 1UZFE (4.0 litre) even the 3UZFE (4.3 litre) wont be enough. you are going to need a 5+ litre engine (overfinch already tried with a LS) and to quote the clarkson: you better have shares in a gas station. because its the only thing it wont get past.
your only other option is hike up compression ratio and run your intended engine on straight propane.

>run your intended engine on straight propane.

I'm crazy enough to do this, I was already going to twin turbo the 1uzfe anyway.

The driveline shop near me builds rock crawlers and they use propane conversions because it distributes fuel evenly at any fucked up angle

the other reason is its higher octane.

The octane only matters if you slam a shitload of boost into it.

Propane gives LOWER HP than gasoline.

There is a reason why it can even out though, and it doesn't involve octane. It involves physics.

SHOW ME WHY YOU DESERVE TO NAMEFAG

The one in the pic is a 322 and has a BMW V8