/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #413

"Forced Tragedy" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Vote!)
strawpoll.me/11013698
strawpoll.me/11054607
strawpoll.me/11083494
strawpoll.me/11088687
strawpoll.me/11103444
strawpoll.me/11107672

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=15
vampyr-game.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_morpho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that storm's still coming in Bay ending

Max is #1

Max and Chloe are #1

Victoria is #2

Because she's shit

Kate is #1

pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=15
Password : hella

Meanie.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

Good morning y'all.

Morning user.

So a while ago I came up with an idea for how they could do a follow up game focusing on Max and Chloe. I know its never going to happen, but this is just an idea of how I think something could be done with it.

I posted this elsewhere before, so I guess I might as well post it here and see if anyone thinks there's anything worthwhile here. Just kind of a silly idea I had. Should be in attached image, if anyone is interested.

> I know its never going to happen,
Good. Because its never going to happen

Honestly I would like another game with Max+Chloe.

Yes, I'm aware. Maybe if Life is Strange season 2 ends up bombing they'll change their tune though.

I would like that too if they'd change 'writing/director' team with reasonable people

Jes where art thou.

jes pls

>Life is Strange season 2 ends up bombing
Won't happen. The franchise is pretty big now and whatever they put out will have a ton of people buy it.

If season 2 is completely shit then season 3 might flop.

Vampyr will be flopped tho

Morning, user!

If people see that it has different characters, a different setting, and a different storyline, will people still be as interested though, just because it has the Life Is Strange label?

It could end up being a Halloween 3: Season of the Witch situation.

Assuming Chloe's house was destroyed in the tornado, and that Joyce is dead. Where will Chloe live now? Will Max's parents "adopt" her and pay for her stuff? If so, will they be ok that their step-daughter is sexing their other daughter?
I think Portland.

>Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
I like that movie and was genuinely disappointed when I found out Carpenter wanted to make an anthology but was denied.

I don't know.. Not going to lie, I saw potential in the alpha footage.
>Dark atmosphere that looks immersive
>Mechanics that look like they could be fun to mess around with
>Perhaps some dialogue that could be funny because of silly it is
>Open world with multiple endings depending what you do (That you do not get to pick- already a step up from how LiS handled it)
It looks generic. But that's not necessarily bad. Honestly my biggest complaint with what I saw was that the setting didn't seem very World War 1, when the game is supposed to take place in 1918-19. I was looking forward to that setting.

Max's parents would gladly take Chloe in.

They probably went straight there after the bae ending anyway.

I feel like max and Chloe would first want to "disappear" for a bit to take it all in. Hang out in the beach a town or so over and just sit there for a while before anything else.

Sorry, I had stuff to do. And I have to learn how the game works in detail. I'm determined to get a point one day.

This idea sounds quite cute. And Chloe as the player character is honestly a very good idea for a follow-up season. It would be like the other half to the Pricefield story.

Oh yeah. I think they're going to Seattle (Stopping at a motel for that night because they both need actual rest). Then they go to Max's parents place.

Ryan and Vanessa would be so happy Max is alright and are thankful to Chloe for bringing her there. Even though they are surprised by Chloe's appearances they quickly see she's still the same on the inside and immediately tell her she can stay with Max.
Max and Chloe take next few days trying to relax and get in contact with people; Max calls Kate and finds out she was safe in the hospital, Victoria was also brought there after being rescued from the Dark Room, other Blackwell students found their own shelter. Chloe gets a call from Joyce and David saying they're banged up but alive (Chloe has a very emotional conversation with her mother), and later gets a text from Frank which basically says his emotional wounds are worse than his physical ones.
They decide to stay in Seattle, but within the next few weeks take a trip down to Arcadia Bay to see their family/ friends and attend Rachel's funeral. Even though it's painful for Chloe, she wants to be there. Max and Chloe stay with Joyce and David at the house (Or in a camp if that's what's needed) for a few days helping however they can, and then they go back to Seattle knowing they have helped and knowing the state of the people they care about.
From then on it's just a road to recovery, Max and Chloe building a relationship, and trying to have fun in Seattle.

Good night /lesg/!

Goodnight! Don't let Alice bite!

On that note, what do you think people's powers would be?

I feel like Max has lots of regrets and is scared to take action, so the ability to rewind time isperfect for her.

So what would Chloe have?
Or Vicky?
Or Kate?

I feel like maybe Chloe would have mind reading - she's constantly feeling betrayed by those around her, isn't sure who to trust, so i think it would fit

Tfw you'll never find your Chloe/Max/Kate.

>feelsbadman

Someone else who saw this idea I wrote suggested that Chloe's power could still be connected to time. Specifically, Chloe could have the ability to see the future, and use that knowledge to change it.

That was just one suggestion though. Other ideas could work too.

Other characters having powers? I don't know... I guess Victoria could get empathy based powers?

She could effect other people's emotions. But it would also effect her to some extant. She could feel other people's strong emotions around her.

This is all silly though!

After Max warned Chloe about Jefferson, she said that she won't remember any of these and they have to stay in Chloe's room. So since they've seen storm's incoming they most likely warned Joyce

>If so, will they be ok that their step-daughter is sexing their other daughter?

Max's dad seems cool guy. Her mum also seems chill,supportive. So I don't they'd mind it

It's pretty clear Kate doesn't have the power of flight.

>Vampyr

>vampyr-game.com/

> "The developer wants players to feel the weight of how killing innocent people to survive is the price of being immortal."

>Multiple endings depending on your choices you made

>You have to choose between Eating your lover and all innocent people or Drinking a monkey's blood (sacrifice urself)

come on user.
it's obviously poor man's Bloodborne.

Maybe we will never have a chance to see Max and Chloe again but they always will be in our hearts.

>tfw we'll never see them again

youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM

Angst posting now? Ha ha.

Never say never.

fuck off JustinBibler

What happens when Max agrees to go to church with Kate, so Kate can introduce Max as the person that saved her life, but Max lets it slip she has a girlfriend (Chloe)?
I think Kate would be fine with it (And probably have already figured it out) but some of Kate's family/friends seem pretty strict about that stuff.

Kate doesn't care and is happy for Max and Chloe.

The congregation would probably be mixed with the younger members being supportive and/or neutral and the older members being not as happy.

Who?

Every time someone posts them here, talks about what they're doing, and their future- we see them.
They are far from gone.

how can max compete?

By not having an awful personality.

Oh yeah. Kate would be totally supportive and happy for Max, but it would be funny the first time she really gets to meet Chloe.
>I wonder who could be special enough to make Max so lively and vibrant
>Oh. A blue haired girl with a large tattoo and dressed like she's in some band. That sure is a surprise.
But Kate wouldn't be judging and would get to know Chloe and become good friends. And Chloe would know Kate is not a threat and that Max trusts her, so Kate wouldn't get the 'tough girl' facade Chloe uses as her defense.

Ouch. Not untrue though.
At least Victoria starts to become better by the end of the week.

Michel?

Thats an odd way of drawing Chloe

Are blue butterflies real? I'm so curious if they actually exist in the wild.

Blue Emperor butterfly

If I send you one, would you kiss me?

Sure but I'm a girl just letting you know.

Yes, they are real. But not usually found in the Northern US.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_morpho

Rachel should take the title of "Captain Obvious"
Interesting how there's so many ideas about her personality. Personally, I think she was probably a very kind person but that sometimes could become a little too full of herself and exploit people. But it would always be mutual where she got what she wanted and gave the other what they wanted.She had to have been exciting and fun-loving to have attracted Chloe.

Kiss~

How many guy do you think Chloe fucked and still fucks behind Max's back? Seems like she's adDICKted if you know what I mean.

destiny smasher plz

ur adickted

Does anyone else feel bad for Warren? He's a nice guy who just has his first crush.

Ah, the hourly bait shower is here

Just ignore it, Max. Let's go to Two Whales and relax until it blows over.

And then they went to Two Whales and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Chatting with Joyce, and even seeing Kate when she stopped in for some tea. Oddly enough Victoria also stopped by and went to the table Kate was sitting at, as if she expected her to be there.

Just wait till the sleepy bay guy comes and then brings his dumb arguments.

I hope that doesn't happen for a third night in a row. At first I tried to talk with them, but it's useless. Like that one user that was convinced Chloe caused the storm with her emotions and that she had to die to stop it, or the one that kept saying she would just be abusive to Max.
People that have no clue what they're talking about and then show up here, where there is close to a consensus about most of the game, saying they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Honestly if it was Chloe emotions that cause the storm I have no problems still picking bae over Bay. Anything for Chloe. Anything.

Oh I agree entirely. Even when I thought everyone in Arcadia Bay was about die, I still picked Chloe.
A storm can happen at any time and Max should not have to make herself miserable just to save people who wouldn't have fared any better in a regular tornado.
Even better was it turns out that the storm was not that bad and most of the people in Arcadia Bay probably survived. Not like anything in the game or after to tell us otherwise.

I think they couldn't show via budget what really happened but if you look at the ending you can see everything no matter how huge was actually being sucked up.

Also another point: Let's say the tornado wasn't that strong, maybe it really only did as much damage as it shows in the ending drive away but the tornado actually sucks the life out of living beings it touches hence all the dead birds etc who touched it's wind before as well as maybe the whales or something. You know the game mentions final fantasy spirits within, maybe just like with the way the phantoms kill anything they touch, this is what happened with the storm?

No. The storm is just a storm.
There is no way it killed every single person. Look up the deadliest tornado in US history and it killed ~500 people, and that was in the 1920s.

There is no justifiable way to say everyone in Arcadia Bay died. Because if you want to go there then people can also say that the storm was coming even in Chloe died. And they'll actually have some evidence to support it.

>the tornado actually sucks the life out of living beings it touches hence all the dead birds etc who touched it's wind before as well as maybe the whales or something. You know the game mentions final fantasy spirits within, maybe just like with the way the phantoms kill anything they touch, this is what happened with the storm?
You've overdosed on imagination, user.

In the end I still don't care what kind of damage the tornado did or if it was even a magic super spirit tornado etc. I really would have done anything for Chloe so for me it doesn't matter who did and who didn't survive.

Wow that's actually really sad to say. I obviously really really really hope they all did survive but it's really sad to think who actually died. Tbh even the pictures of possibly dead Warren made me feel very sad. But if this is the price to have Chloe then so be it.

She just needs Max to cheer her up.

Do you have the "what I expected and what I got" version of that picture?

It is sad. But remember it's no one's fault. Those in the town had hours of time to prepare for the story and either find shelter or run.
Yeah people died and it sucks, but most of them survived and Chloe and Max should not have to suffer for something they have no control over.

yeah boi

Man, the deeper you go the more retarded scenarios appear.