I've heard it said that once the boomers bite the dust many classics will hit the market and cheap

I've heard it said that once the boomers bite the dust many classics will hit the market and cheap.
When will this happen and how do I take advantage of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5653213576.html
austin.craigslist.org/cto/5661689953.html
austin.craigslist.org/cto/5605703446.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Self bump
I have boomer taste in cars and I want a shit ton of 50's cars
This is the perfect time to pounce on this opportunity

Are muscle cars really that over priced?

If you look at shop costs, it's about 8-10k to do paint and body on an already clean vehicle.

I mean you can buy a great condition, high trim, manual transmission, big block car that is hand restored for less than what new sports cars cost off the lot.

Barret Jackson and similar auctions are insane and everyone knows it. There is a lot of well priced stuff out there.

It happens as soon as a boomer with one dies and there's no other boomer who wants to buy his shit at boomer prices.

There's lots of classics you can get in decent shape, if you don't mind buying the undesirables. Old Volvos, Studebakers, lots of family cars from the 40's, can all be had for well under $10k in decent shape. Once you start getting into muscle and typical boomer mobiles, then you gotta bend over and lube up your asshole.

Nah, that's bullshit. Gen-X loves MUSSLE CARS just as much as the boomers.

tfw just want a biuriful Nova already supped up and ready to tear ass without spending $50k

>Old Volvos, Studebakers, lots of family cars from the 40's
people don't want that stuff. there is a high demand market for two-door V8's

How soon until a nice lincoln can be had for under 10k?

this, rarity and pedigree are the only thing that will do it.

>tfw I love land yachts and old grandpa/grandma cars
>mfw going thru a craigslist listing and reading "only 1 owner and it was my grandpa" or "been in the family since new, it was my grandmas"

Happens all the time with old Buicks.

>implying their pants on head retarded kids won't try to overprice them bitches
never is the time for buying a classic car

>i am the liquor

Exactly, that's what I meant by undesirables. OP can totally get a classic for cheap if he wanted one. But if he wants a 2 door V* he's gonna either have to drop some serious money or wait. Of course, that could take 20-30 years, at which point those cars are gonna be 70-100 years old.

There won't be a time when one day they are expensive and the next they are keep. But it will be gradual. By the time we are as old as the boomers are now prices of most boomer muscle cars will be lower more affordable (assuming it does not become illegal to own/run fuel burning vehicles)

But the super rare models that exist now and cost millions today wont be had for cheap even in our old age. Rare shit will stay rare because someone said it was one time long ago.

What we are a young car culture need to do is find our own millennial cars to hoard and ratchet up the price by the time we are 50 and 60. I think we all need to start buying up miatas, e30s, e46 m3, brz/frs 86, rx7, mustangs and whatever else is popular now. Nice examples will appreciate

pretty soon

Yep. thats how you can get some solid deals. I mean look at this:

>This Buick is the real old lady one owner car. It belongs to my aunt, who is now in a nursing home.
>The car runs excellent and is still registered. I was using it to drive her to doctor's appointments, however she is now bed ridden.
>It's a v6 motor with automatic transmission. The paint is rough in spots and appears to be fading. The two things wrong with this car that I'm aware of are. The AC needs to be recharged and the rear windows don't go down. It's not the prettiest car, but it is reliable.
>Asking $1200.00

thats like a 700 dollar car at best.

I already see lincolns go for decent prices.

Depends on the car. Automobile speculation is a tricky business as it's nebulous by nature.

The cars that have been dipping as of late by the boomers passing on are usually the ones unremarkable or unknown by the later generations. Don't assume that you are going to find a '70 Challenger 426ci or a Duesenberg on the cheap in the coming years. Makes that are no longer around and cannot be remembered by living people will fall in their demand and then their price soon after. Not being featured in popular media will also keep their prices down. Look at Nash, Stutz, AMC, etc.

???
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5653213576.html
austin.craigslist.org/cto/5661689953.html
austin.craigslist.org/cto/5605703446.html

Supped up cars are always going to be that expensive unless parts become cheaper. The nova body just adds like 6k to the price.