Mods:
nexusmods.com/starbound/?

community.playstarbound.com/resources/

steamcommunity.com/app/211820/workshop/

QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf

Mod Guide:
(feel free to add mods there)

docs.google.com/document/d/1bogJqITtx6qLy0QAP-93Q4ndD8yWWsHDKZl7SZXlJzs/edit?usp=sharing

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Mod plans: ideaguying thread. Let's make Starbound great together.
docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Last Thread: >153849697

First for correct last thread

Second for cuter Apex

A game that got released 3 years after it was supposed to still suffers these problems.

And you fags let the thread die because...?

This general should stay dead

I'm working on male Apex now and i'm starting to wonder if i should change their mudslime beard

Would look something like that

Maybe a goatee option?
Doesn't look bad, but the mouth expressions they'll make when someone triggers the emoting functions are probably going to look weird.

They actualy look weird already, i didn't change the beard but add a mustache to it (which goes with the hair sprite and not the beard sprite)

Now that's weird.
I suppose clean-shaven Apex men are aberrations, then?

I don't think adding a mustache is a great choice honestly. Have you ever seen a chimp with a mustache?

I've never seen sentient humanoid plants either

They might look too human if i do that, maybe

Yeah. Big ears, caveman brows, and hand fuzz can be overlooked too easily. It's going to be a pain in the ass to make the beards look good, though.

I think the full facial hair is already making them look too human.

how long do items dropped on death last? I returned to the bottom of a dungeon only to find that my loot was there even though I though it shouldve vanished a long tome ago.

/sbg/ non-FU server when?

I guess someone liked my idea.

Fags only want overmodded shit...

>Overmodded
>Implying you can actually add too much content to Starbound
ayy lmao

Well, to be fair, a lot of FU is bloat.

You know the drill, post characters.

Starting with the best looking character of the general, of course.

it's true

It's true, there's good stuff in FU, if there was a "lite" version that added things like the biomes, planet types and weapons and armor without all the tedious "science" shit and billions of extra resources or pointless crafting crap I'd be all over it. Sadly a lot of people think that more complexity = better game which isn't really the case

It'd be nice if it could be split into modules that were more or less independent of each other, honestly.

ok, i need a bit of help, i've run out of ideas on how to make a metal detector/x-ray scanner thing like the ones in the airport, i am trying to make one for the port i am building and ended up with this... thing
does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to how to make something better, or anything at all as what i am trying to do?

Starbound had a 163mb update just now?

Not for me.

Aww. Was hoping it as an update, no idea what I got then. Haven't played in a week.

unstable just updated for me, 166 MB

>Graffiti
>Peeling wallpaper
>Politically charged posters
>Ugly decor
>One fucking bathroom, in the basement
>One TV, in the main room, hanging from the damn ceiling right above one of the chairs
My god, it's disgusting.

Yeah, it's pretty great
It even has a hidden cache of dubious items

>dubious
user we both know its dragon dildos

Boy oh boy, time to get to work on the geothermal plant today. This oughta be fun. Think I'll go with a brick/concrete background, maybe a bunch of pipes and chains thrown in, a lot of foundry equipment and the sort. The possibilities are many! And if I run out of room, I can extend it out more. I'm also starting to consider building a mine of my own off to the side. Sure, I could integrate the existing one I had to bulldoze to make this thing, but where's the fun in that?

>Last blog update, 16 Aug.
>Mod spotlight.
They're not taking this seriously, are they?

Nah, it's actually non-banana based foodstuffs

They took three years to dump out a half-finished product. What was your first clue?

>Years ago
>See interview to Tiy
>He looks enthusiastic about the game
>promises a bunch of features.
>Claims the game is EXTREMELY moddable so even if he fails, mods will fix it.
>Believe him.
>Decide to support a small company.
>The horror unfolds.
And I never bought and Early Access game again.
except Exanima. Buy it. It's great

Oh, that's probably it. Thanks.

torrenting it right now, thanks for hlping me discover this game

Seems the best way to do FU is go multiplayer and let the nerds do all the science while you do the fun and exploration. Just buy the good shit off them and give them materials.

>tfw the only early access things I've backed are Project Phoenix and Them's Fighting Herds
At least those are still in development and making headway...

Have a look and r8 my Geode farming Outpost.

You got lucky. An update was made yesterday. Game got much faster and the animations look much better

They're still working on that, though.

rip Cubeworld

Need some opinions here. I feel like I've been overusing the outpost concrete lately, and I'm not sure it's the best fit for this industrial sector anyway. I've got it next to the regular concrete here (horizontal stripes). Which one looks better?

It looks like that Baldur's Gate game that came out on the Xboxhuge years ago. I'm tentatively interested, but I'll let it develop a bit more and see how it goes from here.
Things I get excited about tend to mysteriously turn to shit. This and MN9 were examples, though I never backed MN9. Thank God.

boring/10

Regular concrete looks pretty good, though having just the one room different will be pretty jarring.

Most of the rooms have had varied backgrounds to some degree or other, depending on what fits the purpose best. I might actually go back and change some of the other outpost concrete ones up, because they might be too bland for their purposes (medbay in particular).

I'd already started filling out with regular concrete and yeah, I think it does fit better there.

Remember that there's a wide world of metals to work with as well.

I wonder how much effort it would take to shuffle and mix up all the races styles and themes.

Like, zen monk weebots, violent marauder medieval fish, hyper advanced plants, paranoid master tinker humans, so on.

Probably way more than I'm willing to put into this garbage.

For individual characters it's as easy as getting your hands on the right stuff. You could probably get away with it with tenants through good use of blocks and careful balancing of object tags.

Making your own mod for custom dungeons and villages you could go wild though.

G'mornin' all.

Wait, what? Do I have to do real science or what? Never tried FU yet.

Perhaps make it all titanium or metal white?

No, it's just a lot of extra crafting machines that craft in weird ways. Mostly, you craft components to craft other components to craft other components to finally make something useful.

Well, if it is boring, what can I do to improve upon it?

Also, what.

>That convict picture
God that is genuinely quite awful to look at.

>Exanima
>'Original' dark fantasy
>'Unique' iso-RPG
>it's different because PHYSICS
>making this while their original project flounders

ya'll never learn

The hell? Do I get to build a car out of all this? Because that would be cool, but it doesn't sound like it.

so im at the pagoda library and these faggots are tearing through my hp. im wearing mostly tier-2 armor, am I missing something?

A giant robot suit.
Also tier 4 armor.

The purple shadow guys? duck and cover around bookshelves and stuff with a ranged weapon.

The boss himself can't be hit till he's panting like a fatfuck cause he ran from his basement to his bathroom. dodge everything till then.

>himself

>He

If only, user.

Friendly reminder that astra nox had the right idea but terrible excecution.

Hmm, didn't know that. That's probably why she's so damn bitchy about everything.

I had tier 3 and just used a range weapon. I'm on Vanilla but firearms in this game seem subpar since they drain energy quickly. The NPCs can't seem to aim for shit if you're close enough and move around enough.

What's her face did say "she" after the first fight.

and the boss 3 hits me while i do 1/20 of its health when it gets tired. where the fuck should i go to upgrade my shit?

The main story was so incredibly boring I merely skimmed the dialogue.

You can get to the final tier of equipment while never doing story shit past the erchius mines. Essentially, each EPP you make allows you to go to the next tier of planet, which has the next better ore you can mine so you can make the next tier armor. Those planets will also have the next tier random genned weapons for you to find.

Explore more planets, find traders on said planets, they'll usually sell armour for your race. Find weapons in chests in caves etc.

Don't really blame you there. I was excited about it at first until it started giving me PTSD flashbacks on Skyward Sword.

I've put enough hours into the game and had enough fun already

I agree, they should be conquered and sold into inter-galactic sex traffing.

I... may have gone a bit overboard.

Think I've got enough vents to mitigate this hazardous work environment?

Over the top building is the best direction to go Sonson.

I really have no idea how to improve my ship. I don't really care for the bottom left room on my ship that is based after the Outpost. Ideas?

I dunno, I like the computer room. The one right next to the teleporter and the complete void of the front part of the ship are what I object to. What I do is make the front part of the ship the captain's quarters, because damned if I'll let those peons on the crew touch the controls, but that's just me.

Oh. I completely forgot to finish up the front of the ship, user. I'll fix that. I have no plans of letting them come to the front of my ship.

I don't suppose there's a way to tie a biometric to a proximity sensor is there?

I just found a bunch of fucking blob monsters in my underground lab, and I haven't much room to put turrets where my mechs won't be victims of friendly fire.

What are some decoration items I could place on top of tables? all I can think of is /spawnitem teacup1

Candles, plates, bowls, flowers, geodes, figurines, and so on.

I feel uncreative now.

Turn your self-doubt into inspiration and improve.

I was at the exact spot a while ago, user. Just mess with things until it falls into place.

Nonsense, user. Steal other people's ideas and mutate them into your own.

Or just toss shit into a room until you think it looks cool, then let people tell you how dumb it looks until you get it right.

That's what I did anyway.

Progress so far, a complete view, 1/2.

2/2

Might still need a sewage treatment plant, a bar lounge (last time I tried to do a real lounge it became a prison somehow), and maybe a mine. Gotta think of what'll fit best where, though.

>1600x837
Muh curiosity.

I just used the extra zoom levels mod to zoom out. I don't really want to patchwork this thing together in GIMP, but I've already been posting individual rooms and I figured a big picture version would work better. Of course, that's the best resolution I can get from just zooming out.

Stay comfy, anons.

Resolution has nothing to do with your zoom. It's all on your monitor's side.

And it does that to your resolution? Even if it's Steam that takes the screenshot?

I must do this.

Fullscreen resolution is 1920x1080, but I'm playing full windowed because it's easier to switch to other windows this way. I am playing on a laptop though, so I don't know? I don't really care. Apparently my screen resolution is like, 1600x900? Whatever, that's not important to me. This is starbound, not crysis.

By the way, I was wrong about mechs not triggering prox sensors. I think the one I was using for the initial test may have been too tall or something. Not sure.

Oh, I didn't mean to spoiler that.

Anyway, yeah, bigger mechs are too tall to trip the sensor I have on the topside thing. I don't want to build it higher though because that'd mess up the look of it. But still, that's a mystery solved.

I'm thinking of adding a delay to the switches to allow time to hop into the mech before it rises. Maybe that'd work.