/edg/scg/ - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General #41

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Best ship.

>Best

Chuckled.

Definitive list of words that you have come to fucking hate thanks to these two games:

1. Verse
2. Fidelity
3. Pledge
4. Immersion
5. Vision
6. Sim
7. ???

Dad

Yes you can move around the internals, with the rework the Cutlass variants are all being merged to one hull and the 'blue ' and 'red' things basically become BUKs.

The avenger variants can also swap their parts around.
They are just sold/act separately right now because the system to swap internals isn't implemented. It's the same deal with the Vanguard BUKs.

>Best
Ftfy.

>1. Verse

Deserves that top spot

Grief

I guess it's time for another installment of my greentext

>playing a game where the object is to buy the game over and over

The 'verse's immersive fidelity makes me want to pledge to see Robert's vision of a space sim realized.

FUCK THIS ACTUALLY TRIGGERED ME

>not BDSSE

holy carebear batman

thanks dad

world of warcraft?

Is it fat Kianu?

Best ship desu.

>bought a diamondback scout
>want to grind some more money so back to the type6
>finishing a string of hauls
>21 fish onboard, 50k creds haul
>oy you get +20k if you kill this cunt
>"cant be hard, its just fish for 50k" time to bring out my overpriced missiles
>fer'de'lance, expert
o kurwa, is this shit random or the game really hates me?

Depends on your combat or trade skill rank and the mission's rank.

>Griefer
>Immerson

the worst. I hate those words beyond belief because of RSI faggots

reeeeEEEEE

>cockpit-like engines with gnome pilots in it

>mostly harmless
>carrying 21 fish
WHYYY? Why would a fucking 50mil+ ship even bother?
Should have just dumped the fish but i paniced...

I think im gona replace my shield with more cargo space, this shit is useless.

>Sim

Wot

I bought Elite Dangerous some time after launch and was one of many people who were outraged at how they priced Horizons.

Are there any details about how the next expansion "season" is going to work? Will buying that one include Horizons?

Are they really jewy enough to make people wait for the final season if you don't want to shell out a total of $500 for the entire game over the development period?

I really want to enjoy a space game but there is nothing but waiting. Waiting for Star Citizen, waiting for Elite Dangerous, waiting for Infinity, waiting for Hellion, waiting for Angels Fall First, waiting for Dual, waiting for Avorion, waiting for Space Engine The Game

Everything else is just dogshit, from space engineers (optimisation? what the fuck is that?) to kerbal space program (it's unity not us!)

Soon™

>are they really jewy enough

Yes, absolutely. Just look at the cost of the VIP shit for their roller coaster game.

>any details

We're not even halfway done this season. No details. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some more bullshit and charge another 60 bucks.

I'm guessing they are gonna announce season 3 for christmas and put horizons on sale for $15

actually, the price of horizons standalone was the same as horizons + base, they never really fucked anyone over, they just dropped the price of the base game to $15

kek

btw did they ever make it so the big "main" engines in ships actually produce tons more thrust than mav thrusters and work during decoupled or did they go back to the main engines just heat up stuff and shoot it out the mav thrusters idea?

Just fucking delete me from existence

Any recommendations for old spess games?

postin actual best ship

You know, Space-Sim instead of Space Simulation.

will orgs really use a pointless armored "picketing" ship?

I agree however not in that state.
The herald was looking pretty sick in the preview so I am eager to see the updated Cutlass in the same style.

dunno, but i know i'll be using one

user, there's a wonderful pastebin in the Op you should check out

Why does shortening simulation to sim trigger you is what my "wot" is supposed to ask.

Yes, classic elite is actually baller.

christianpinder.com/games
oagd.net/file/37a540d376344ac9add72431ecf70ab46dfb7fe4

[This Is Speculation]

If CIG makes it have an unusually powerful radar for its size, then it will have select uses for specific cases. Say, having one sit in the shadow of a asteroid relaying information about enemy org ship positions and squad compositions from 15k out. So, that means a radar radius of 15k, or 30k from opposite sides. That can be very useful for bomber squadrons waiting to strike or something.

is the Herald the maximum comfy mode of SC? Even the Beta has nothing on it.

if dogfighting scanners are anything to go by, isn't the range normally something like 2.5km? 15km seems like a very powerful scanner

>Why does shortening simulation to sim trigger you is what my "wot" is supposed to ask

Fucking autist

nobody is going to want to play awacs operator

real best ship here

>Fucking autist

The irony is delicious.

>ywn have a tiny apartment that also doubles as a spacecraft
I wish my life was this aesthetic

Actual best ship coming through

>maximum comfy
>no shower or bathroom

>shooting your piss bottles out the airlock at passing cargo ships
>not comfy

you poo in the data stores when you're not using them

user, I am so sorry to break your dreams to tiny pieces, but none of the bullshit we dream off or Chris promises can be made to last in game in a compelling way.

NO ONE EVER will do shit like radar operating, scanning, console manning, sitting in the back of a ship and managing power flow on a console in a windowless room, etc.

Deal with it now before you get disappointed later.

Salvaging, info running, etc. are all bullshit. There will be only 3 ways to play the game:

- fighting
- mining
- hauling cargo

sauce: any space game, ever and logic

This guy knows what's up

>he showers
>he flushes

>Been mocking Star Citizen shills for years
>the new footage coming out and playable modules actually shows some promise
>'ah fuck it, what's the worst that can happen'
>go check out their website to see what sort of ship packages are available

>mfw the pricing

How the fuck do you justify putting this sort of money down for anything at all, much less something that is years away from release, and you have no idea what the end product will look like?

What money?
You mean £35 for the basic starter package?

Are you some kinda hobo user?

>doesn't have $45 to pay for base package

damn, user, don't know how to help you

this is true based on the pace the game is going now

but they COULD make space DCS in a few years if they actually spent resources developing all the systems in-game instead of 100 copypaste ships. but I doubt they'd actually do that since people buy whatever concept they sell without anything working

>sq42+star citizen costs $60
>holy shit the pricing

Don't you have a job to pay for the $55 basic package?

>sothis is 32 clipper jump away

jesus it will take all evening just to get there

>get the alpha starter package for the MMO aspect only
>50 eurobucks in one of the most VAT heavy countries
>howpoor.ru
You can even use the code generator in the OP to get 5$ of in game credits credits.

>salvaging is bullshit

Post discarded. There is a massive ship dedicated singularly to salvage and Roberts has explained how salvaging will work more than once, even going into detail about hand held salvage guns that strip valuable metals and pieces from modules/components.

most people just buy the base package. Even the average is $80. I spent $80 and the avenger is shit anyway. Just get the base game and try out ships using rental credits (by playing arena commander)

and the expensive ones are either whales who think this is their dream game and they want to donate tons of money (or are rich) and then orgs that spread the cost around to have a huge fleet of MMO guild ships like it's Eve or something

>paying extra to skip gameplay
>waiting until the game is expensive

>Flying my Terrapin.
>Go to the job board.
>Org looking for ship with great scanners to help them out in an upcoming Org battle.
>Park myself on asteroid and scan the battlefield, relaying information.
>Jump in sim pod to actually have fun during the battle.
>Get paid big bucks for almost no work and no risk.

AC/SM are the perfect solutions to in-game downtime.

Only the Mustang Alphas packs are worth it because you can upgrade them for free to the Aurora LN if you don't like the Mustangs.

lel, do you have to pay tax for SC or something? It's $45 USD where I live

Isn't salvaging basically mining and info running basically hauling cargo?

You're right that no one will be 'shield man' though

>How the fuck do you justify putting this sort of money down for anything at all, much less something that is years away from release, and you have no idea what the end product will look like?

Why is this only asked about this game, and none of the other games which have an option to buy a ten thousand dollar dinner with developers (flight costs not included)?

20% VAT friendo, god bless the EU.

Though, you don't have to pay it if you pay with store credit.

fuck this actually made me cringe

>/edg/scg/ will respond to this

Who cares? I got the early bird scout. That was like 20 or 30 dollars. Can't even remember because the game is taking forever to not come out.

>hand held salvage guns that strip valuable metals and pieces from modules/components.

Yes, No Man's Sky mining is very compelling. The user was talking lasting gameplay. No one will do that shit for more than 5 minutes, once.

Ok, you're just shitposting.

EVE has an even less interactive salvaging mechanics and that has been a profession for some players for a decade.

kys

Still got 20% VAT and I've got cheaper prices, what's your country? I thought baguetteland was the worst place for VAT.

>awacs
>downtime

how do you plan on relaying battlefield info while you're playing AC?

and EvE is known as a game that is both incredibly boring, and multiboxed up to 9 instances at a time because of its simplicity.

So, no. Terrible argument.

never has this stupid fucking comic been more true

>Flying my Terrapin
>Go to job board
>No org is looking for Terrapins because every org already has someone who paid big bucks before the game was out
>Can't haul cargo because no cargo space

Terrapin will be my main ship, but I'm afraid this will end up happening more often than not.

>interactive

There's that word again. EVE has kept the mining mechanic, because it lets you afk it and alt+tab to Netflix or work.

No one will hold a laser for hours mining or salvaging. It is BORING after the first 10 minutes, reptetive and dull. It is fun only in your mind and the first 10 minutes while it is still a novelty.

How is that applicable?

>tiny apartment that also doubles as a spacecraft
Literally bmw 890j

not that original guy, our prices are the same.

neither has this

but that's pretty normal for an early access game. I thought you were talking about the $1000 ships

what a terrible fucking post

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHILE LOOKING UP THE BASE PRICES I JUST NOTICED

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH

>tiny
user thats a yacht.

>he pays more than $50 for starship jpegs he can lose
>he thinks he can say anything that won't embarrass him further

maximum cuck

What the fuck is insurance?

lots of people pay money for simulator games if they actually simulate things and are detailed and physics based

but we haven't seen actual gameplay yet so idk how it will turn out

any new community goals yet?

Thats pretty tiny yacht.

Does it have a hangar for ships ?

>>he pays more than $50 for starship jpegs he can lose
>can lose

but that's not even remotely true

insurance means you get the ship back if you lose it

pledges used to give lifetime insurance
>68 dollars
>6 months

_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____

it literally doesn't even mean anything yet. we don't even know how it works

I cant lose it, cuz all my ships with lti :^)