/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

AWAY'd >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bosses
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Reiterpallasch
gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71595949
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for K O S M

Reccomendations for

Stake Driver build
&
Rifle Spear build

?

Do the female Knight's Leggings turn into a dress, is it pants like the male version?

They turn into a dress I believe.

Anyone willing to take turns backstabbing the Defiled keeper with me?

Bl:25
Pass: bbg

Saved

Fuck.

If you want classy lady pants, just use Maria's Set.

Haven't seen this one. Saved, as well.

Is Bloodborne redpilled?

At least the Knight's Dress looks roomy and comfy compared to the other dresses

I'm trying to find something that resembles cammies. I'm thinking the baggy Yamamura pants.

Those would work pretty great.
Also, Male Knight Set with Space Broccoli Rune looks fucking hilarious.

thanks.saved that one as well lol

I'd like some advice.

I'm doing an arcane build with the Kos Parasite as my arcane weapon, a fire Saw Cleaver for beasts, and a Tonitrus for kin.

Anybody got any suggestions for a bolt weapon other than the Tonitrus? Not that it's bad, just wondering if there's something else.

This gem/chalice stuff is immensely confusing, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Also, I've been doing some research and apparently a Cold Abyssal Gem +22.5% Arc is the shit. Would it be a good idea to replace one of my other Radials (Arc scaling +65 OR 23.1% Arc) with it?

bolt Reiterpallasch

Saif

plz...?

Steak can/should either go 50 STR/25 SKL or base STR/SKL reqs and 50 ARC with elemental gems. For a Rifle Spear build you should go 50 SKL and 25 BLT if you really want to use the shotgun form. If you're not bothered with the bullets you should probably go 50 STR/25 SKL with heavy abyssals or 50 SKL/25 STR with just normal 27.2's

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bosses
Under the "Boss Defenses" tab, does physical mean slash?

>Weaknesses: None

slash / serrated, yes

Stay at BL89 with 40VIT. or go to BL99 with 50VIT?

Ebin :^)

Why would you want to stay at 89? Just go 99 and call it a day.

It's Indigo pilled.

>implying bolt + thrust damage wouldn't destroy any ayylmao

Replace Saw Cleaver with the Saw Spear and the Tonitrus with a Bold gemmed Church Pick and you're golden.

If you wan't Thrust it should be the Church Pick.

Oh you're actually retarded. You can't make any weapons with BLT scaling elemental. This includes the Reiter, Rifle Spear, Chikage, etc.

Never mind
Cheesed him with parry spamm and poison knives

>Reiter
>BLT scaling
>not able to elementally infuse

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Reiterpallasch

gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71595949

Could anyone help me with Orphan of Kos? Ringing at the hut lantern, password iuiui

I will, give me a bit to boot up.

Thanks. Better to use fire or bolt paper?

>I don't know how to read
Literally from the wiki you fucking posted
>Despite having Arcane scaling listed, the weapon cannot be converted into Fire/Bolt/Arcane damage from blood gem fortification (though flat elemental damage gems will still apply).

>(though flat elemental damage gems will still apply)

So your grand plan is to use flat bolt elemental gems as your main source of damage against kin? Over using the Tonitrus, Church Pick, or Saif which can actually make use of high ARC? What a fucking genius.

If that's what the original poster wants to do, then sure

I dunno y u user are faggots but you can bolt paper the reiter derp

On a 50STR build it was fairly simple to trick r1 spam OOK, every third hit staggers him.

I need someone to help boop the Defiled Hotdog's nose with me

what bl and vit?

BL 25
with 20 VIT

>Moon Presence does its "take you down to critically low HP" AoE twice in a row and kills me and another co-operator
Was that allowed to happen, or did host latency just straight up fuck us?

No wonder you're having trouble.
Just pump more vit to 43 and you will probably have an easier time.

Not him, but is 50 Vit the optimum? I remember some user saying last thread that it was practically required for end chalices.

>Sometimes Bone Ash Hunters drop radial Arc gems in Ihyll also if you get a Pthumerian Elder in Ihyll he drops Arc+65 scaling gems.
What do I do about Triangle or Waning? Not just wait for an off-shape drop I hope...
Are Scaling ones even actually any good?

There's no mob besides the Bone Ash Hunter by chance?

>off of work for the next three days
Anybody need a co-op buddy?

Then i wouldn't be able to co-op with randoms in CY.
I can get him down to 15% but then his bite combos get longer and longer and longer it's hard to pinpoint when hes gonna stop for the boop.

>Beckoner calls me and one other guy to help fight Orphan
>It reaches Stage 2
>three fucking lightning bolts in a row
Sometimes it just happens.

Don't hit his nose, then.

It takes forever but it's a lot safer to hit his flanks. If you can get him low by hitting his face, then by all means start that way though.

I did fine on 40 vit, 50 vit with hp or def runes will allow you to survive some of the bosses "ohko" moves that you're supposed to dodge neways.

Tbh i think the only thing you need is a +9 weapon with relevant gems and powers of observation with the reflexes to pull off what your brain wants to do in that moment.

The Hunters Craft trophy is glitched and wont pop for me. Anyone know a fix? I know i have them all

>not hitting his nose THEN immediately breaking his legs
Learn his "end bites" then. I think at that phase in the fight he only has two animations to end on after the bites. Also backstep moves on his uhhh "fast and furious chomps" work pretty well.

You might need the DLC Hunter Tools as well.

I've heard that this is the case.

No you don't.
That user is probably confused and hasn't taken proper inventory.

>might need the dlc
How the hell did everyone else get the trophy then before the dlc hit?

No, the idea was that having the DLC changes the requisites for the trophy.

I believe there is a precedent for that, but I can't remember what game set it. I think having AotA for DaS changed Knight's Honor to include Manus' soul weapon.

>game comes out
>people get all the Tools
>DLC comes out
>list of tools gets updated
It's not hard to figure out.
It's like when you 100% a game and then DLC comes out and your achievements go down to 75%.

Why couldn't they have programmed in:
When the Hotdog becomes too aggressive, it starts taking massive damage from whiplash.

Wtf u on about dlc always has a seperate set of trophies.

>acquire memewheel
>acquire memewhirl

What makes these weapons special? I can see the wheel's buff, coupled with the right arcane gems, being a total fucking nuke.

What about the saw? Is it just that the saw mode has easily procc'd multihit attacks? I notice rallying is much faster.

Messenger's Gift too?

The Whirlimeme's tricked L2 absolutely trivializes some encounters.

>Has good Rally Potential
>Is Big and Heavy giving descent reach and great stun capabilities on larger enemies.
>Still a descently fast weapon despite its weight.
>Transformed state does Serrated DMG which cripples Beast type enemies
>Transformed L2 is stun-lock's gallore and can provide great beasthood build-up

The only thing against it is the Untransformed stat which deals Blunt DMG which alot of enemies aren't exacly weak to.
Meaning you'll spend most of your time without access to your gun.

But thats why it's mainly focused on PvE.

Not always.

I just realize the L2 could be held down. Does seem lackluster for PvP, PvE godsend.

In bbs case they're seperated Is just another player crying glitch instead of wolf.

Why does the cutter have such low rally?
I understand the whip since the range is heug but the club should get a wee bit more rally.

From didn't want a weapon with such great SFX, style, and damage to have high rally as well.

I have all base and dlc tools and no I checked my inventory.
When i got the messengers gift I didnt even have them all and it popped up, but when i actually got them all and checked my trophies it says i still havent earned it.

Chalice dungeons should have been:
>fewer
>longer
>with fewer lampposts
>harder bosses
>more debuffs
>More bosses, bigger and more difficult. Not 5 watchers in a row or in some cases just regular mobs with a health bar
>fewer red spider swarms what the fuck
>more rewards per dungeon (reward rooms aren't just more ritual materials)

Chalice dungeons are too short and grindy and would have been amazing if they were treating as group raids with greater potential for complete failure.

>>harder bosses
Please no.

There should be at least one dungeon with a randomized buff / debuff, like Test Your Luck in Mortal Kombat X. That'd be pretty cool.

All chalices need is visual variety instead of the exact same shit with filters. That's most of the problem is being visually disinterested, there's nothing to look at and that's a huge problem in a game where everything is stylistically excellent. If Pthumeru, Loran and the Hintertombs each had a unique style, then there'd be much less of a problem. They don't need to be WoW dungeons or some shit.

Most of the bosses aren't inherently difficult because of their movesets, mostly just because they're damage buffed for 1hkos. Exception being maybe the Abhorrent Beast if you choose not to poison cheese.

I'm thinking dungeons that encourage players to group up, form actual hunter teams.

>I'm thinking dungeons that encourage players to group up, form actual hunter teams.

Unless there's a much wider variety of NPC summons for non PS+ members, then no, I don't want WoW raids. Help is optional, ideally you're in there yourself surviving the threat.

Not a direct solution, but fewer dungeons does mean more visual variety. I agree completely though, a large reason the dungeons are so tedious is because there isn't anything to explore and no sense of anything in the environment being significant. That's strange given that the dungeons are canonically where the history of Bloodborne is richest. Roots of blood ministration, fallen civilizations, all that, and those things just aren't presented well.

I hear you. What I'd like is a happy medium between the current "Summon to trivialize bossfight" and "get rekt solo" deal with Souls bosses, which is obviously player dependent.

So a solo offline player could summon decent NPCs or take on the boss alone for a challenge and win if skilled/geared enough, or a group of less skilled players could attempt the same and still be challenged.

If that's doable in terms of enemy design.

>Whirly L2
>Lackluster in PvP

H O T

P I Z Z A
I
Z
Z
A

Might be telling us "u have no rally with cuttah! Long range only so they cant rally off YOU."

>get rekt solo
But user that only applies if you're shit and cannot learn enemy movesets.

Okay but that is maybe the one scenario that can be pulled off, he was literally stuck in a cage.

>tfw no headpiece that resembles a chef hat

Right, so bosses now are die on your own until you learn the fight, or just summon someone and waltz your way through. That's the state of co-op, excuding fun runs with your buddies.

I'm suggesting bosses where co-op is the norm, solo play is for skilled players facing challenges. So bosses with mechanics meant for teams of two or more with narrow windows of escape for solo players. e.g. a channeled attack that can be mitigated by two players using the healing bell, or a solo player spring backwards a fuckton.
A mechanic like that encourages people to work together (if one person rings the bell and the other doesn't, one takes damage) without completely fucking over solo players.

;^)

Alright, I am convinced.

What about with the use of papers? How does that affect the multi-hit damage?

Decided to just mash my two planned builds together. Rate?

I wouldn't be able to tell you, I use a fire Whirly. I'd imagine flat arc gems would make for some goofy stuff though, provided you can pin people down.

Should I start playing Bloodborne again y/n

Do you have the urge to play it?

A little. Thinking of trying out my MAXIMUM TONITRUS DAMAGE build.

Imo tonitrus gets boring fast, so if this is your first time picking up BB in a while it'll get you to quit for much longer.

On the other hand, memewheel.

>117

Maybe it's best if you don't boot it back up.

>got one shot by Undead Giant in Lower Pthumeru
That fucking spin, man.

I can put up with tedium. Last time I played this game I did nothing else for like two weeks. I must have made 15 characters, and deleted saves that had 15+ hours on them because I decided I didn't like their names.

It was what everyone was doing the last time I played. What level do people stop at now?

>use chunks on fun weapon
>get more fun and effective weapon soon after
>no chunks
>no appropriate chalice dungeons open
>have to grind till I can get to chunk-farming dungeon

hahaha I have to go through so much tedium before having fun, thanks From :^)