What have you recently nigger rigged or poor man fixed with/on to your whip Veeky Forums? Post your stories

What have you recently nigger rigged or poor man fixed with/on to your whip Veeky Forums? Post your stories.

I have a distinct feeling that your ill advised fix isn't going to work that well.

rad drain ripped out the casing, i just fitted a new casing + bolt into the hole, had some gaps so i epoxy'd it. i think it will hold, its holding the banjo on my fuel pump for a year already haha.

The aftermarket cooking fan on my car was wired directly to the battery and ran after I'd kill the ignition. I've had the car for a year or so but have so far been too lazy to fix it.

I got bored at work last weekend, though, and found an unused switched connector just hanging around the engine bay and moved the wire. It's now a lighter shade of nigger rigged.

my fan was wired in backwards and i overhauled my cooling system with waterpump and thermostat before switching the wires :/

I fusor 142'ed my friends oil pan back together in the middle of the night in a walmwart parking lot. Held till he sold the car.

Nothing. Do it right the first time or not at all. Doing it a second time because you were lazy/cheap sucks major ass.

500$ for a new Porsche rad or some crappy "aftermarket" aluminium 200$ knock off or 12$ at home depot and will be the same as OEM if not better cause brass sucks balls.

Yeah, when I bought the car, I changed the coolant, t-stat, and water pump, but just figured the fan was fine like it was.

exactly the same story haha, it blew so i was like fuck it its good.

ayyy

My problem was that it would turn off, then turn back on a few minutes later. I dunno what that was about.

>Double dubs

Sealed the leak from my oil pan gasket with the calk you use for bathrooms.
Pretty sure it didn't handle the engine heat

oil pan is a classic nigger rig location.

>driving home in shitbox
>farm road in the middle of no where
>no signal
>throttle cable retainer plastic shit thing breaks
>cruise control cable one was snapped to shit too
>fuck pullover
>only have zip ties and tools
>used like 4 zip ties
>got 2 on the cable super tight and the other 2 on the metal flange
>basically made a ghetto retainer
>worked until 4 days when new real part came in

>doing an oil change
>checking other things in engine bay
>see a wire that someone before me spliced by twisting it together
>cap thing is missing
>get a zip tie and put it on there to crimp it
>zip tie a candy wrapper in two spots around it for water proofing
>25k miles later
>still good working wire

I had a screw holding a washer, a piece of cardboard, and a bunch of rtv silicone to my oil pan for a while because it rusted out. Eventually replaced the pan with a eBay one when it started leaking again. It was a pain in the ass.

zipties save cars. its a fact.

>ziptie system holding 8 feet of fuel line
i left them all long so i could look under the car and see if they're still there

>bmw e60
>lower rear bumper isn't bolted to the frame
>bounces up and down to every bump on the road
>pass zip ties through bumper and frame bracket
>good as new

>many years ago
>out driving and see girl on side of road with hood up
>pull over like the whiteknight I am
>tip fedora and ask what the problem was
>she didn't know. she had just had the car serviced
>look under hood. dist cap popped off. retainer clips are gone
>pull out two long zipties from trunk
>secure dist cap
>tell her I'll follow her home, you know, just in case
>get to her house, she invites me in for a drink
>what could have turned into a juicy sex-filled story ends up with me talking to her and her boyfriend for an hour

Well today I found that I forgot to remove a rag I stuck down my intake while replacing a gasket yesterday. Hoping I get it out without removing the entire intake manifold

Some guy asked me to put on his license plate and bracket as he hit a curb and it fell off. Easy fix right?

No it was a Masserati GT and the previous owner wanted the plate lower so he drilled new holes into the bracket and screwed it into the mounting holes in the bumper. Problem was since the whole thing was an inch lower the bottom screw which is supposed to rest against the bottom of the bumper wasn't used. 1 of the top ones got chewed up as the screw was pulled out so I put a bigger one in and used the OEM bracket holes.

>I put an oversized screw into a bumper that was probably like $5000

Rejetted my carb with a .104 drill bit

>try this on modified gokart engine (aluminum flathead briggs)

>jet it rich as fuck, EGT's like a nitro dragster and makes no power

Kek. Every time I start the car the garage smell like a gas station, but it runs like a raped ape around town getting an estimated 5 mpg

Threw this bracket i had lying around on the trans kickdown so it would reach, works so far.

One of my headlamps is held in one point by strong steel wire, as the fastening point in that part is broken

Wired an aux cable into the CD player, so now you can listen to music from your phone but you have to play a blank CD at the same time.

Would that pass inspection in Sweden land?

>Both turn signal lights are gone
>replace them with clearance lights
also
>have no windshield wipers
>ziptie some cheap wiper blades to the hood so i dont get pulled over

cucked my kind sir

fucking shame man

I did literally the exact same thing

I rigged up a collection of blue tac and cable ties to hold my phonenin place as a speedo

Its either this or replacing q $20 sensor, and we all know that's not happening

It sits and doesn't move, so they cant say anything about it

It did pass inspection just the day after I did it, so I suppose... yes

the only thing actually keeping the taillights working is a shitload of electrical tape. Jesus fuck the wiring on this thing is abysmal. I'm not sure I could fix it if I wanted to. also, the main feed going to the fusebox is currently held together with a PC power supply cord. whats pissing me off is half of the shit that's nigger rigged I didn't even do.

man, I'm making it sound like a shitheap.

Audi Symphony I?