WRX

So other than being kinda ugly and boyracer looking is there anything actually wrong with the WRX?

It seems like the car fits my needs pretty well but I'd like the perspective as far as what it's like to live with as a daily driver.

The other car I'm looking at is the Toyobaru but seeing as I have friends who're unwilling to chop their legs off I'm leaning towards the WRX.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0higFpQuz0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Understeer

Currently drive an FWD shitbox. I doubt the subaru is worse.

>I doubt the subaru is worse
It is

You have no idea.

So... saw for my friends' legs and the gt86 then?

Think about it. Not only do you have the front wheels wanting to go forward, you also have power from the back wheels.

most expensive car to insure in its bracket.

I also think they're ugly and that the subaru fanbase is insufferable but that's my own opinion.

Why are you obligated to be a taxi service for your friends? Buy a car for yourself, not other people.

youtube.com/watch?v=0higFpQuz0U

T.Busrider

No it isn't.

t. owns two, one turbo one NA

Not sure about the impreza platform, but if it has an STi steering rack it's doable. Otherwise yeah lots of understeer.

This is coming from owning a legacy and a prelude. Prelude turns beyter (non 4ws).

>A Legacy

Also oversteer.

Legacy GT, family.

It is getting bigger and fatter at a higher rate than any other car on the market aside from the Honda Civic.

All AWD cars understeer like a boat. It's just something you get used to. You don't really notice it at all until you drive hard. In ever day normal person driving it's imperceptible.

-If you're gonna get one, the rule of thumb is the older it is the better.

-Avoid '08 WRXs like the plague because lol no power. '08 STi cars however are fine.

-They're fun cars, and if you have bad weather they can pretty much tackle anything without too much of a fuss. The community (least around East TN) is friendly and helpful, and I've had tons of people just pop into the store to compliment my 04 WRX.

-Parts can be a bitch to replace but nothing you can't do after a couple beers.

user knows what he's talking about. Nasioc will be your friend

Are the 2017 cars complete shit or something?

I'm sure the aftermarket for the older models is larger but I'm really just looking for a reasonably reliable reasonably fun daily driver. The AWD is a bonus since I live in Maine and is why I don't lean harder towards the gt86.

Everyone in this thread is retarded. Buy the wrx it's an amazing car. No issues what so ever and best of all no timing belt

Why is that a bad thing?

Yeah, they understeer.
What most of these busriders don't know is that the point at which you start going straight on, most other cars would be backwards in the trees at least 50 yards ago.
Also a set of coil-overs will cancel it out if set-up correctly.

t. daily a 2011 sti

My mom drives an wrx because she thinks it must be the safest possible car to have in the winter ever since I showed her what rally was (she failed to notice that the guy plowing through the snow was driving a wrx STI and not a regular wrx)

A corolla legit turns better but she still thinks the wrx is the best

literally a mom car

id fuck your mom in the spacious backseat