/ovg/ - No Saleen love Edition

Friendly reminder no one has picked the Saleen S7 in the GT1 doc yet

Previous thread: →
Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

isiforums.net/f/blog.php
youtube.com/watch?v=SEamIN_OgfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucked up the Previous thread thing.

here's the correct one:

>no saleen love
because it sounds like complete ass

first for rfactor being a shit sim with a controller

>simming with a controller

I don't have the munny for muh wheel, but even still it's pretty awful for a make do method

Thanks for the Limmy friend

I actually didn't mind it. I'm just faster with the MC12 somehow.

meanwhile
>9 people grid for the indycar race
>only 5 finished
>ranwec is not even going to happen anymore

nah, gfin saved /ovg/

> running 19s

Can't be bothered to go faster desu sempai

>GT series are more popular than anything else?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

REMINDER: I am running the gt1 series

more like people still think rfactor 2 isnt free + yall are so fucking poor like jesus christ niggas even a second gen intel hd graphics could prob do rf2 in ultra low settings what the fuck

not funny stop copying my name

i thought this was possible with lfstweak? at least it let you put slicks on the shitboxes. you might need an older version of lfs though

More like most of the content is shit and people here are wise enough not to fall for the "Tyre Flex" meme. You don't create an overly complex physics engine then expect the modding community to create content without proper documentation. It's got tracks going for it only because they're easy to do, actual cars, the stuff you're suppose to race with? Even ISI's own content is spotty at best, look how long it has taken them to make the Indy Cars half way decent. rF2 is a gigantic meme that you guys keep pushing, but every WIP mod is in development hell. Then you have ISI's own content, the GT500s? Been in release candidate for half a year now.

We'll most likely stick with rF1 for the foreseeable future.

>"WHY ARE YOU NOT PLAYING THE GAME???"

maybe because no one is doing a series in rf2

>even a second gen intel hd graphics could prob do rf2 in ultra low settings
even with intel hd 4000 and tons of tweaks it still runs under 30fps, wouldn't recommend

This looks fun as fuck. Shame it's basically an ancient iracing.

isiforums.net/f/blog.php

Some decent documentation here

Rfactor 2 is nice for what it brings, but it is quite bad when it comes to actually creating content for it.

I completely agree with what you're saying. I'm just frustrated I guess

>isiforums.net/f/blog.php

Yes, that blog was started on the 7th of May. The game has been out of beta for 3 years, are you telling me it's taken them 3 fucking years to finally realize that no one knew how to work all the nice new features? But it's great to know we might have some nice content in like a year or two when they finish detailing everything about their engine so people can just copy whatever content is out at the time and change what little they need to because of these blogs. Just like how most rF1 mods are just copies from other rF1 mods.

yep it works (including 0.6P)

ISI basically operates on a "here it is now figure it out yourselves" kinda way. It works when your platform is actually popular (see Source Engine, rF1), but when it isnt...

This is fine with a simple physics engine, or one that's mostly about plugging in easy to obtain values. But the shit in rF2 makes this process far more difficult. But that's not what was originally the point of this discussion, it was why we don't use rF2 and that's due to mod selection. Hardware and software issues also play a role, but it's mainly down to using something we know very well and something that provides a nice selection of cars and tracks, regardless of how well or how poorly they might be put together.

Hardware issues aside, theres no reason to not use rF2. Converting things to it is extremely close to drag and drop and at worst you get something that looks and smells like rF1 with automatic skin downloads and no RAM limits.

>but it's mainly down to using something we know very well
and something that provides a nice selection of cars and tracks,
regardless of how well or how poorly they might be put together

We already have a decent selection of content to run something with, that drives far nicer than rf1 and can run smoother for some.

>Converting things to it is extremely close to drag and drop

Very VERY funny joke

Does OVGT1 use the EnduRacers pack?

Yes

If you don't want any rF2 features, all you have to do is open the track/car in 3dsimed, save as rF2 files and you're fucking done. rF2 is fully backwards compatible

Cars require a bit more fiddling with text files, but its a 5 minute job at worst.

>Hardware issues aside, theres no reason to not use rF2
completely agree, the only reason i dont use rf2 is because it runs crap for me, but if it ran well it would be my sim of choice

>not running 17's with hard tires, race fuel and no boost

fucking shitters get out of my /ovg/

Get Good™

You forgot fully open rad/brake ducting and no downforce

URD EGT 2.0 links when?

tfw will be missing first GT1
tfw will be seeing some vintage race cars at RA

>new Summit car in Crew is the new MX5

Welp, there goes my hype.

>If you don't want any rF2 features

There lies the problem, might as well just run rF1 at that point.

It all be worth it when you get taken out by the yellow corvette of fairness(tm)

>memefactor 2

>namefag opinions

Fuck off

literally fucking never, the free corvette is all we have right now of the updated cars.

at least you're not limited to 4GB of ram and you can download skins automatically

rate my skids

Smoother steering inputs

rate my skids

cheating/1

i saw mikey do a better one

sorry im on a controller, sweaty fingers dont help either
cheating?

>im on a controller
is the very definition of cheating

only i can post with anime pictures go away

On a scale of 1 to cheating.
How much cheating is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=SEamIN_OgfY

weebs kys

not anymore
that's a 0 points slide

you made Usami cry you fucking homolord

good
fuck off whore

only boys are allowed in my /ovg/

A man of refined shit taste I see, very well, here you go

you suck

AWW YEAH

No.

postin some more

Not even a drift/10

reminds me of this

The photo mode is pretty based

Too bad it fucked up the output on this one

Yeah, that's pretty much the same idea of what I am doing.

>Not even a drift
>Wrong gear

the thought of someone actually spending time doing this picture makes me want to vomit

pls no

>tfw only good at one thing in DiRT

>RANWEC dead

That's news to me.

>tfw beamng will never allow for online mp rallycross racing

>spend weeks doing nothing and giving no information about it
>surprised when people stop caring

old fart

Sorry that I have other things going on in my life m8.

It was mainly other people who hyped things up before I was ready to do anything anyway, but continue to believe whatever you want to.

>tfw BeamNG is shit

i dunno, i think it's pretty entertaining physics-wise

>not being part of the circle jerk back then.

stop being so salty about it

>implying mr.leo takes anyone out the race.

Mate, he couldn't if he wanted to anyway , he's that nice.

>using mumblr unironically

kys

i dont know for sure who im replying to since ive been banned from browsing Veeky Forums since 2004 but ive never even had a computer to use mumble

serious question, i plan on building a pc for FH3 buy i dont know what card to buy or when. should i buy a 480 around september or october or wait till black friday/cyber monday to see if i can get a deal on a 1070/80?

I'd love to lick YOUR ASSHOLE RANEK.

Wait and get a 1060

Don't buy a 480 whatever you do. They had to cut corners to try and keep up with Nvidia, so the thing draws more power than is safe. The new drivers apparently fix that, but it's still risky imo.

wait for the 1170/1180

i heard about i was thinking about getting one of those other brand ones like evga or msi but honestly i hear amd drivers suck
from what i read on /g/ i thought the 1060 was gonna suck

wait for the 1180

>buying reference
>ever

people who do that deserve whatever happens

Are you happy now, /ovg/? How long until everyone in this image will be chased out by your circlejerking, bigotry and toxicity?

>Paltala
>Tooley
>Trav
all of those were on mumble in the past 3 days

>Bob
>Gnik
>Guuzah
>Gent
>Cpt Slow
still around but dont go on mumble because real life means no time to do so.

tfw wasn't around in time to be an anime girl

I'd stick it into britfag's sphincter

>if you have more than 3 USB control devices plugged in, rfactor can't detect all of them and you have to unplug until you're down to the 3 you want

Fucking ISI