Hyundai UPDATE

I got it. Drives nice. "New" car thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/5624667286.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope this is a joke. If not, you fucked up big time, I don't care if it was $500.
read the fucking sticky next time

I can't see any car that drives nice in that picture, it must be behind one of those two massive piles of shit

>FWD
>korean

What about it?

Better than your mom's civic

Sticky isn't that useful but that car is a MASSIVE pile of shit.
>I can't defend my shitheap so I'm just going to accuse him of not having a car

Cool, nice car OP. You bought a reliable car with a great warranty. I hope it brings you years of happiness. Enjoy the high of a new car!

>FIVE fucking shitposts because of some anons car

Not one single constructive post. Fuck man, the janitors and the mods abandoning Veeky Forums was one of 4chans worst decisions. I'd "do it for free" if it meant this shit would be sorted out.

Nice Tiburon OP, I hope you enjoy it. They get a lot of unwarranted hate.

>bought a tiburon
>thinks it drives nice

I posted before I saw .

>Fuck man, the janitors and the mods abandoning Veeky Forums

Calling someone an idiot for buying a crap car isn't against the rules you stupid newfaggot. This isn't reddit, we don't have to make you feel good about your shitty purchases under threat of ban here.

just put a hitch on Betsy.

>he bought a """"""""sports"""""""" car
>it's FWD
>it's korean

There's a difference between a hugbox and not being an asshole. If you told him some of the flaws of a Tiburon that would be fine. Instead, you went and pulled the "hurr piece of shit car" card without adding any substance or valuable contribution.

The only way I could see your response being justified if he went and posted something along the lines of his car being better than everyone elses.

I thought I was alone here... enjoy it user. It's not a bad car.

>FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
>KOREAN
>UNRELIABLE
>GLASS GEARBOX
>LOOKS LIKE SHIT
>SLOW AS SHIT
thick fucking idiot

yeah it is. sorry to break it to you

Oh you own one?

yes I do

Well let's see it then.

most unreliable car I've ever owned. not to mention it is fuck ugly. I didn't buy it

Hey OP post some more shots of your new ride. Can I see the interior?

>RD2

How do you own something without buying it? Not to mention it's a fucking 1st gen. Mine and OP's are 3rd gens.

I remember sitting in one a long time ago when it was still new in a showroom and liking it.

My family has had a few Hyundai's and they've been good cars (suspension tuning really is shit and the interiors are nothing to write home about, but they don't die catastrophically).

I image you know you haven't bought a Supra or RX-7, so I hope you enjoy it.

hmm maybe it is passed down to you? fuckface.

"Son, congratulations, here's a car I bought for you to go to school with so I don't have to drive your ass there anymore."

or

"Hey, this has no worth as a trade in and I know you need a car kiddo, so here you go."

>00s hyundai
oh fuck, run and don't look back

Then next time ask mommy and daddy to buy you something better. Dumbass.

Anyone with a passing knowledge of cars knows that it's just common sense that the tiburon is crap, dummy.

>2000s hyundai
low quality garbage
>slow
>dated styling
>pretend sports car that can't go fast or corner well

I bought another car that isn't a piece of shit, so I'm alright
you, however, spent your own money on a fucking kia?

A fancy Kia!

Except it's worse than a civic.

Buying a blazer tomorrow, if this thread is still up I'll post some pics of it

You guys care way too much about other people's choices. Let the man enjoy his car.

Has it been in an accident? The paint matching is atrocious between the door/rear quarter and rear quarter/bumper

Fading on metal/plasic.

Car is off btw.

Really loving the simplicity. No unwarranted complications.

Holy dogshit. I've never seen the interior of one of these things, only the outside. And I thought they looked bad on the outside!

Now that I looked, horrible lighting on top of the bumpers being plastic while the body is metal.

Shut up, faggot.

>Guys stop being mean
Nobody gives a shit when someone drives their shitbox around and keeps it to themselves, but the only reason someone would make a thread like this is to call attention to their purchase.

If the purchase is shit, we have every right to say so.

It's a thread to appreciate our lovely shitboxes but apparently you have everything given to you.

Lights before lens restore!

My stepfather for 8 years was a top Hyundai exec.

Tiburons are shit.

Yeah they looked a bit sporty for the day but they aren't a sports car. Back in 2007-2008 I asked him when Hyundai was going to make a sports car. He said they were not ready yet.

>defending fwd

Haha enjoy your shitty fwd koreabox
>posted from the comfort of my Kia® Forte Koup©

I got it because I want a manual with decent mpgs. So It's good enough.

Lmao sure dude how did he get to be an exec at a Korean company

Honda is like just now letting gaijin be important and gooks are just the rapebabies of the nips

Also you forgot
>Executives knowing the engineering behind cars
They're just there to make financial decisions

>He likes something I don't like waaaaah

It's not about "liking it" nigger, it's objectively false to say it drives nice, it's worse than a civic.

More clear

Nice Tiburoni OP

Hyundai tech here

If you got the Beta II you bought a look fast go slow turd that doesn't do anything more than commute A to B very well.

If you got the Delta it actually -is- a fast car, but won't put the horsepower to the ground or corner well without exceptionally good tires (extreme summer, etc) and some aftermarket suspension and subframe bracing.

That said, the Deltas are known for the crank pulley/balancer assemblies separating and allowing the crank to freewheel without driving the engine accessories - pic related - and have a habit of jumping time and blowing up, and are expensive to repair because they are difficult to service.

Hyundai Motor America, friend. But he did travel to SK often, sometimes we would get to come along on business trips to tropical places and stay at resorts. I remember when the company offices flooded and when I got paid $20 an hour to move boxes of papers to their new building next door.

He declined company president because he didn't want to risk getting removed, but I doubt half a million salary in the early 2000s was that harsh to be a rung down.

And we drove every Hyundai and sometimes had stuff like Minis and Lotuses so it is not like his title really affected his experience with the cars. I wonder if he finally got that Ferrari he kept talking about all those years.

And apparently Spam is a delicacy in South Korea.

Ill fix it as I go along.

TLDR

Should've bought a 2012 Elantra Touring with the 17" wheels and a nice set of performance tires.

Have fun

Again, it was used and I don't like post 2009 Hyundai due to them being bubbley and spaceship-like. Simple is nice you know?

>Simple is nice you know?

I agree, and the Delta motor is anything but.

On the other hand the non-CVVT Beta IIs are the simplest and most reliable motors Hyundai ever put in a vehicle.

>bubbley and spaceship-like

This describes literally everything post-1980 Hyundai has made, save maybe the first gen Accent coupes

Here's the aftermath of a Lambda that threw a rod (then a few more) at ~90mph

I can yank an engine

And having curves is different from bubbly. Refrence, veloster or vw beetle

Dude, I just wanna know why you bought this thing man. You seem to be living in a nice neighborhood and there's an e-classe in your garage and you chose a tiburon? And if you're willing to deal with extensive maintenance on a car why not get one that's worth it? No disrespect intended and to each there own but I'm just really curious as to why you did this, was it an impulsive decision?

The E-550 is my mom's. They bought me a car as a reward for qualifying for navy nuc program.

> they bought me a car
Oh you spoiled little shit.
At least it's nothing outrageous or new so kudos on only being kinda spoiled

>used Hyundai Tiburon
>spoiled

How poor are you?

I got accepted into the nuclear program for the us navy, it's kind of a big thing. They said they'd get me a car under $10,000. Out the door it was $7,500.

Why is it trying to hide behind the leaves.

Poor enough that the most expensive gift I've ever received was a mechanical keyboard.
Don't get me wrong if my parents offered to buy me a car I'd have spent the whole ten grand

>SEVEN AND A HALF GRAND FOR A SLOW-ASS FWD HYUNDAI
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

So why did you choose this specific car though as opposed to a merc or beemer? Especially if your parents can afford one of their own. Again no disrespect intended.

For a car with every part of it working and bolted together well. The other option was a mini cooper with instrument failure and broken seatbelts.

I was being a snob and wanted a manual. Hard to come by in Shreveport Louisiana.

wish they sold more than two cars at a time in america

He got mad ripped off.

Tiburon's are vegetarian, that is why they are lethargic.

Find a manual in Shreveport Louisiana for under $10,000 and under 80k miles.

So it was an impulse buy? But I'm not hatin man I'm on the same boat and NEED a stick and it's hard to find anything that's in good condition or unmolested. There have been times where I just said fuck it and nearly pulled the trigger on dumb cars just because they were manual. Do you regret getting this thing at all? Any plans on it?

I slept on it, my life of fast is only on the track in an M3 or SLK. No need for going above 75 in this Hyundai.

I see where you're getting at man. I guess join a forum and find out the best forms of preventative maintenance on the engine and stuff. Best of luck to you and enjoy it.

Might pick a used engine and rebuild it with all high quality parts to make the engine bullet proof then keep it ready for a switch in case the car does bust.

I'm not necessarily saying you could find one for less, I'm just saying for the money you could have found something with a better interior, more power, better handling, more comfort... stuff like that.

I looked for like 3 weeks

Yeah it does look like the only nice thing near your area besides trucks and jeeps is this Mini.
easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/5624667286.html

And if it is like the others, it'll have broken shit and an engine that knocks more than a Jehovah's witness.

Too bad you didn't wait a few days though, I hear there are a lot of cars up for sale in Dallas.

Too far man. Plus I got a sweet deal. That Hyundai is damn near new. The one owner before me took stupid good care of it.

I was trying to make a joke but yeah it does look clean, you don't see them anymore in Los Angeles - San Diego area and if you do they are beat. So enjoy having the only nice Tiburon in the South. Is it still under the 10y/100000m warranty?

Actually, it has 83k and is an 08. So I still do. Thats fucking cool.

hey bro. been meaning to talk to you. what was that one hyundai you said went like 270k miles with like nothing but oil changes and tires? what model and engine? tell me more about it pls
also yeah op my brother has a 2005 kia optima with the 2.7 delta. its been pretty reliable for the 4 years or so that hes owned it. it broke the timing belt like 1-2 years ago but it didnt damage the engine! just re aligned the cam and crank and slipped a new belt on.

So how did he even get the job? Where did he transfer in from?

those oak trees need to be fucking pruned.

you parents gave you 10k and you bought a fucking hyundai?

prune your fucking elm tree faggot. above the lateral branch collar so you don't kill the whole primary branch. christ sake.

am i the only one who wants healthy trees around here.

jajaja u my friend have been sharked.

>Hyundai
Holy shit, my sides

Love my sonata

people can laugh all they want about hyundai on this board but they're pretty good.

I bought an 04 Sonata for $1600 3 years ago and i've only done like $1200 to it (half of which was a cv joint and boot because i was just rat bagging it for the first year).

Couldn't have asked for a better first car.