forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=610318
instagram.com/the.tsukinousagi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no forced induction models

they turned that frown
upside down

nice post OP

underpowered, overpriced
newer safety regulations being being mandatory for cars every year.

What the fuck were they thinking? Biggest blunder of the decade.

Simple, no ecoboost

If you could get one for under 20k, would you?

Nothing went wrong. They made an affordable sports car that people can take to the track and enjoy driving and improving their track times and skills.

It's like the BMX you get at Walmart. Sure it's not as good as the BMXs you get at actual bike shops for more but it's good enough to get some track time and hone your skills and have fun with the other guys.

If you're looking for an affordable sports car for the track, why on earth would you buy one of these over an S2000 which is much cheaper while being a better car in almost every conceivable way?

most of us would buy a new sub 20K USD FR if it existed. Why is that so impossible for manufacturers? a simple small 4 cylinder coupe with a cheap 5 speed manual and open differential should be possible for such a price.

Because then people would bitch about it being too slow; see Toybaru

Well fine. Do whatever the fuck u want. Just do something. Don't let the fact you can't afford a corvette or the running costs of one stop you from getting out there in a cheaper sports car. That's all I'm saying.

It's because the motor is trash

What if I can't afford a cheap sports car

it was bitched about because it was slow AND expensive

Then save for one or get a job that puts u in the middle class bracket.

Seriously? Go fuck yourself

What? Or go buy a Miata. Tons of miatas are on tracks. There's a whole series dedicated to them.

How damn old are you anyway that you can't buy a Miata. 10?

25k isn't really expensive

I don't like Miatas they're too impractical and show offy

Why the fuck would you pay 25k for this piece of shit when you can get a WRX for the same price?

who the fuck buys a miata to show off in lol

Wrx can't drift

for what it is, it's expensive. I feel that the markup above 20k is partly to pay for the engine development, and partly to hose middle management workers who want a sunday cruiser.

I wish the miatas and frs/brz were less flashy

the only modern design choices are
>ANGRY
>bar of soap
>ANGRY BAR OF SOAP

I would buy a GT86 without question and would probably be able to afford it if it was literally just a RWD corolla

In what world though? You cant get a new wrx here for under 35. The difference between wrx and brz is about 7k

Because mom and dad wont buy them one?

>ANGRY BAR OF SOAP
this is what i look for in a car

Shit engine literally the only thing stopping people from getting one and shit tires but those are easily replaceable

Because most people arent retarded? Why would you pay 12k for an s2k with 200km on it that was beat on by some kid? If for twice as much you can have a brand new car thats got warranty on it and you can daily drive year round without much worries if you dont drive like a bench racer.
Ive had 7 cars now and i currently finance a 2015 f150. I didnt want to get yet another shitbox truck i have no time to wrench on every other weekend because i run a business 7 days a week and have no time other than oil changes which arent even worth it to do yourself anymore. My wifes got a 2011 sti that we got brand new and she loves it. Fuck all of you who say financing is a bad idea because youre giving away money. Id rather spend 500 per month than miss a day of work every week to wrench and miss out on 1k per month. Fuck i hate people like you who think everyone works at mcdonalds and has all the time in the world to work on their shitbox honda

I run a business too. I sell things.

Then you have a shit job, congrats.

If it made 250-300 hp stock, was put together a little better so no annoying ass rattling at highway speed, and didnt come with prius tires (easily changed) then it would be a top contender for muh gawd musheen.

or it had a base price of 20k

How can they make money at 20k.

I like people that are happy to pay the normal going rate. I don't like people that want everything for free. That's you.

no I mean I don't want a 20k supra like some JDM faggots here, I just want an FR coupe at entry level prices.

I fucking hate these threads. The troll/benchracer circlejerking is so goddamn intense it leaves no room for actual discussion

Kind of unrelated but I live in california and I have a 2016 BRZ. I already have some mods that I want to do to the car, one of them being UEL headers. I see youtubers like TJ Hunt install catless headers on their cars, but as far as I know it's illegal to do any exhaust mod that isn't catback or otherwise sanctioned by the CARB, for example the Edelbrock Eforce supercharger kit that I'm so close to.

My question is: How do people get away with putting catless headers on their cars in California? Thanks for any help, really want that rumble from uel headers

I posted in the qtddtot thread too

FF cuk fuck off

No money to be made at entry level prices. The majority buying at the entry level just need a car to get to point b and don't care about rwd. Rwd is more expensive and takes up valuable cargo room young people want.

Rwd cars are almost specialty cars. Not gonna get em for cheap son. Buy a used frs if you want it now. That's a good option.

too late, buying a Miata. sorry Toyota.

No, i own a brz

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

>"i own a brz"

AHAHAHA WHAT A KEK

nothing

What a waste of trips

>he cant afford a new car

>too late, buying a Miata. sorry Toyota.

careful going up your driveway, transmission might explode

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=610318

>he leases shit vehicles
>he can't afford good ones
>he gets mad when people insult his shitbox

Yeah ok buddy. Enjoy your 1987 rustbucket

good to know, thanks. looks like stress added to the transmission when equipped with an LSD.

>stress added to the transmission when equipped with an LSD
Thats not how that works

why then are the models effected are Club, GT, Cup, and Sport only with aftermarket diffs?

I wouldnt have a clue. But whether a diff is open or locked makes no difference to the gearbox/trans

stay mad

grip on hard acceleration for one wheel vs two.

tfw not manlet so cant fit in a miata

I'm 6'1", just slam the seat all the way back and you'll fit in all of them save the NA

You are able to buy new or slightly used reliable cars without financing. Just a FYI

>Cheap sports car
>Track days

I don't think so.

It's affordable, looks fast, and is offered in automatic. All of these attract retards like flies to dog shit. Also a lack of competition means no updates to the Twins.

>555
Subaru trips confirm. Subaru didn't want something competing with its WRX sales. If the Frankensteinian Mitsu-Nissan "alliance" pumped out a new Silvia/Starion (read; lightweight RWD coupe with a longitudinally mounted i4) with turbo trims available they would be forced to turbo the Toyobaru to keep it competitive.

I'm over 6'1 and my NA fits like a glove without modifying the seat or armrest. My friend that's 6'3 will hit the hartop on bumps though so that's pushing it.

>can't get an ND miata with an lsd without the transmission shitting itself

LOL

fucking hilarious

This is so fucking sexy
instagram.com/the.tsukinousagi/

better question, what went right with this car??

It's affordable, looks fast, and the aftermarket options are endless. It's a blank slate to do with as you wish.

While the same could be said of any car (provided you have the money for it) something like a 70s Opel Kadett coupé isn't going to attract as much interest as the Twins and you're not easily to find tips on turboing or LS swapping one. Or for things like the Hyundai Tiburon it's much harder to make faster compared to the Toyobaru even with community support and a reasonable (though less plentiful) aftermarket.

Also the back seats are useful for throwing baggage in, even if they won't seat a grown adult that isn't a manlet.

>looks fast

Small, two doors and reasonably low to the ground. The average person on the street equates that to a sports car. To them that means it must be fast since they're not autists who argue over drivetrain or lap times.

The same could be said of the seventh gen Celica which certainly looked fast in its factory rice kit.

>ff

And surely we've all seen an Asian student in an orange 86 with the aero kit at least once.

It would have sold with an updated version of the 1jz

It sells regardless. And emissions cuckery aside it still wouldn't be possible since Subaru is the actual manufacturer of the Twins.

Ideally it would've come packing a 3S-GE or 2ZZ. The 4A-GE no longer has enough grunt to deal with modern mandated pigfat.

I wanted back seats more than a convertible top. They are not far off in speed but the s2k has more displacement. Affordable ones are shit and good ones have boomer tax

The rattling is easy to solve. A little bit of gasket tape/silicone and a good ear. It's a low prices car for people who want to look fancy or go fast. I like mine a bunch and solved my most annoying rattle by putting silicone on the shifter nob trim. Omg the dreaded rattle is gone for free and didn't have to tear apart my interior. I have a early model and expect the interior to stop rattling in newer models if people honestly complain about them.

>RWD corolla

Why isn't this a thing?

Who knows. Maybe because that means Toyota would have to do more than new bumpers and badges
>the ae86 if nutoyota is an outsourced completely removed chassis

Yes, thanks, we know what a diff does.

S2000s are shit. Skittish handling, engine that does nothing under 8000rpm. It's an impotent car.

Someone watches rcr

Lol. The S2000 is probably the best roadster created in the last 20 years aside from the boxster.

>ITT poorfag benchracers
Every toyobaru thread on Veeky Forums is full of people that have never driven one

Subaru motor.

>Subaru didn't want something competing with its WRX sales.

Complete bullshit. The WRX/STI and BRZ combined made up 6% of Subaru's total American sales last year. Six percent, user. Even if one cannibalizes the other, it barely registers on your earnings.

Think of it like this:

If a person walks in to your dealership and they're having trouble deciding between two of the cars on the lot, YOU'VE ALREADY SOLD A FUCKING CAR.

You don't. You could keep the stock headers to install for inspection, but youd be done if a cop inspected your car. Just don't pair it with a loud catback and you'll probably be okay. I mean TJs car is obnoxiously loud and he's been okay so far.

underrated post

Does Subaru have the best logo?

At least for a relatively high-volume car manufacturer, yes.

If you buy a FRZ you are an actual retard and we don't want you around. It's not that you like something different, it is that you have broadcast to the world that you are a fucking idiot and don't even know it.

We aren't a bunch of brand fags saying you bought the wrong car. We look at you and we see a faggot that is trying to buy himself into a lifestyle. You aren't a racer or a sports car enthusiast, you are a fucking poser. Nobody likes posers.

>If you buy a [car I don't like] you are an actual retard and [I] don't want you around. It's not that you like something different, it is that you have broadcast to the world that you are a fucking idiot and don't even know it.
>[I'm a brand fag] saying you bought the wrong car. [I] look at you and [I] see a faggot that is trying to buy himself into a lifestyle. You aren't a racer or a sports car enthusiast, you are a fucking poser. Nobody likes posers.

Well said, friend. I also hate people who buy [car I don't like].

the miata

Unless they like how the 86 looks more. In which case you lose one.

True, but the BRZ is production restricted anyway. So even if you like the BRZ more it could be a lot easier to find an 86 for sale. I know there were months-long waiting lists in Europe.

Well in California you can get a new 2016 WRX base model for 27k.

Shit engine. Overpriced. That's really it.

Just because it's a rwd coupe doesn't mean you should spend close to 30k for it when you can buy a fucking were with more doors, is faster, awd or even a base mustang GT